BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2017 7:23 pm  #121

Re: Why didn't Sherlock recognise his own sister? Discuss!

so this really confuses me- like I get that he was high as a kite, but he's Sherlock for christs sake. 

IDK if there is a thread of this already, but how did Eurus know about the "Miss Me" thing, if Eurus is under-lock and key. And is Sherringford Eurus? Or is this the whole "they always stop looking after 3" and there are really 4 Holmes siblings?

January 10, 2017 7:25 pm  #122

I'm wondering what could have happened that would impact Sherlock so greatly that all his actions and choices are as a result of Eurus. If he has forgotten or deleted Eurus I'm looking forward to seeing him remember (as painful and as angsty as it will be, poor Sherlock!). I'm so excited for TFP!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 10, 2017 7:26 pm  #123

The number three reference was to the fact that Culverton had only found 3 recording devices when there were 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:29 pm  #124

And we've still got "it's never twins" to deal with.

We don't actually know if Euros has been under lock and key, although it's a fair assumption.  She could have been a mastermind, controlling everything.  However, if she's the other one, we do know that Mycroft did something unmerciful to her, that could be equated to exile with likely death.  It could be Mycroft she's seeking vengeance on, not Sherlock. 

January 10, 2017 7:49 pm  #125

Which would bring Sherlock into an interesting situation.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 10, 2017 7:49 pm  #126

Possibly heart breaking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:57 pm  #127

I think probably heartbreaking, whatever happens! 

January 10, 2017 10:51 pm  #128

Liberty wrote:

I'm a little bit nervous about her being the "mad sister".  I don't want the reason she does things just to be because she's mentally ill.  I have faith in Moftiss, though - I'm sure there is very much more to be revealed in TFP.

Yes agree,  what will be revealed in TFP will be much more.    Then again,  I keep thinking of
'hiding in plain sight'...       Twins?   Eurus/Elizabeth?   Who?  Wha??    And I also hope they don't
hide behind a 'mentally ill' reason..      Great casting tho--  Sian Brooke's  Ophelia going mad nightly
for three months after making out with Benedict's Hamlet?    There are worse things than to be Sian.
Looking forward to Sunday!

January 10, 2017 10:52 pm  #129

Looking forward to Sunday too.    But not looking forward to Monday,   when our (eternal?) wait for more Sherlock begins again.    Sigh.

January 10, 2017 11:38 pm  #130

I wonder if it is possible Sherlock can delete things and deleted her .
If she is not real somehow or the final scene was a MP or nightmare or drug trip and it is a reference to the east wind literally being Sherlocks fears coming to get him? Or John's death in this case. Some kind of intuition of someone coming to get John.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 11, 2017 3:00 am  #131

So i have been dying for some place to talk about Sherlock season 4 and i found this site  

Sherlock in the past has stated deleting things (hence the solar system) If that's true, i can't wait to see what happened that was so bad he deleted it from his memory. (obv having to do with redbeard). Another thing, in the memory when he falls against the railing, you see a needle, it could be because of his drug use, but what if it was a serum like what was used on the meeting? A forgetting serum? What if it was that traumatic that Mycroft had his brother's memory deleted?
I find the whole "East Wind" thing creepy as hell and i love it!
So do you think the sister did, in fact, have scars? do you think she actually hurt herself in the past? idk if she's crazy it wouldn't be a strange thing
I feel like she would be the middle sister? and it seems like she definitely picked on Sherlock one way or another

Also here's the behind the scenes of the episode: Hey guys! If anyone want's to see behind the scenes of the new episode, here it is: https://vimeo.com/198767114

Last edited by Kiara_Katsura (January 11, 2017 4:12 am)

January 11, 2017 11:14 am  #132

Sherlock knew straight up that Faith wasn't the woman he saw in the night, which suggests he memorized aspects of her face. If he did that, being high would have no issue on his vision. So either he's traumatized and forgot his sister, could not recognize her because its been a REALLY long time, or she really is Sherlock's SECRET sister. In Sherlock's flashbacks it's most likely her though so there's a good chance hasn't seen her in a long time or believed she died, etc. But it's as if Eurus knew Sherlock wouldn't recognize her; she left clues and so forth -making it a game. Def think she did something to redbeard -the way she refers John to as 'it', dehumanizing him gives me this feeling she had something to do with Redbeard being 'put down'. Just a thought

Last one to Sherlock really was his SISSY

January 11, 2017 11:34 am  #133

But it is very possible to repress memories; especially with childhood trauma... they usually pop up sometime later even unprovoked. 

(again sorry for oversharing) but my childhood was pretty traumatic, I'm still struggling to remember most of it, and there were things I until recently had completely repressed. The brain does that to survive; it simply can't cope so it virtually 'deletes' it... it's scary as heck. 

I heard (and I want to learn how to do it) that you; if you have a mind 'palace' that you can lock certain rooms... but I don't know how, or if it's real. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2017 12:35 pm  #134

The Sherlock speach against suicides and the whole night with Eurus,  either real or not, looks like there was something either suicidal in her or somebody else close. It look like he was remembering somenthing form the past with her. He usually behaves different to  women, he was really enjoing it and concerned .

Last edited by Preceja (January 11, 2017 12:35 pm)

January 11, 2017 1:10 pm  #135

Well maybe sherlock wasn't the first holmes to have faked suicide...

Makes me think of Moriarty too. Although I still believe him dead.

Just like old times...

January 11, 2017 1:33 pm  #136

Sherlock saw Moriarty with a hole in head. Either he lied or Moriarty is dead.

Crazy idea - Eurus caused death of her parents - either killed them or they commited suicide. Holmes boys were given to an adoptive family (clever mother, too, to be able to fulfil their intelectual needs).  Mycroft is except for Eurus the only relative of Sherlock, that is why he behaves more like his parent. And Sherlock's parents as we know them are to nice to have three such weird children, they are too ordinary. They also do not care about Eurus as she is not their daughter, the only person that must do it is Mycroft.

Sherlock might have erased everything form the past, he may even believe they are his real parents. But he lost his family due to Eurus and his life has completely changed. 

January 11, 2017 2:12 pm  #137

Although, parents can lie too... the most horrible parents can seem like the best in the world if they want to. 

That's a cross to bear, if you are that child. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2017 2:33 pm  #138

Yes, for all we know, Mr and/or Mrs Holmes may have a darker past but decided to settle down and have the most normal life possible (like Mary wanted to do). Yet I can't imagine them doing harm to any of their children...

​And I think that whatever happened between Eurus and Sherlock explains why Mycroft is so overprotective towards Sherlock. Either he became overprotective because he truly cares about Sherlock and doesn't want him to be hurt again (I favour this option), or because he felt guilty about whatever happened between Eurus and Sherlock, or simply because their parents asked him to look after Sherlock constantly after what happened. Could be a little bit of all of that, though.

Just like old times...

January 11, 2017 9:11 pm  #139

I think something traumatic might have happened when Sherlock was a child but Sherlock and Eurus seem about the same age and when Mycroft mentions that Sherlock is a security concern and says "the fact that I'm his brother changes absolutely nothing, it didn't the last time and I assure you it won't with Sherlock" makes it sound like whatever Eurus did she did as an adult. I can't imagine a child being much of a security concern and although there is an age gap between Sherlock and Mycroft it's not big enough that if something happened whilst Sherlock was a young child Mycroft would have enough power to deal with it.

January 11, 2017 9:12 pm  #140

Starts killing dog, ends as security risk .

Last edited by Preceja (January 11, 2017 9:13 pm)

Board footera