BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2015 12:11 pm  #41

Re: Timeline of events in BBC Sherlock universe

I spose it's just typical that the Sherlock Fan Forum is 'expect the unexpected' as well. It  just seems par for the course for some of us to do a bit of Sherlocking. I was on the battlefield in January, after a phone call I got which after a little investigating it looked like attempted fraud using scare tactics. I handed the info on to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureax and their action is ongoing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

January 3, 2016 8:10 am  #42

We've now had it explained in the context of the show the years when certain things occur. I've only used images with the date watermark by the show as some things were shown out of order (Parliament blowing up - not only didn't happen but would have not happened sooner than it does chronologically ).

John and Sherlock meet and begin their adventures.

The height of their time together, followed at some point by Sherlock's 'death'.

Sherlock has returned from dismantling Moriarty's global network.

Going by the time frame of John's wedding we'll have to have had 3 years worth of Sherlock's sleuthing if series 4 is to be in sync with the audience watching it. If not, we'll be looking in retrospect at the events being depicted. 

The original YouTube video from the OP, which is now gone, was entitled "=0.9166emStephen Thompson (Sherlock writer) Interview on Radio 2 18 Jan 2011" uploaded by user romangirl88 (Channel now deleted). I'm sure we can find a copy of it if we must.

Happy New Year everyone, let's hope 2016 is a great success for each of you!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

January 9, 2017 3:17 pm  #43

Oddly Rosamund still being a baby means we are looking at events unfolding in retrospect. Possible between 1 and a half years to two and a half years ago.

With Sherlock's mystery sibling detailing that they heard about the truth serum confessions 3 years prior (Which I'm going to take as correct based on the note's clues integrities) whilst posing as Culverton Smith's daughter that takes those events back to around 2012 - When Moriarty died and Sherlock faked his own death.

I'll get onto this properly once this series has ended but it might be they've matched up the times to coincide with the events they've depicted.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera