BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2013 11:17 am  #41

Re: Sherlock Ring Tones

I just have the Sherlock opening theme set as my ringtone. I think it's the most recognizable theme for the show so it'd be really nice to see - whether they are - by chance other Sherlockians looking around and trying to find out who has such ringtone ;D 
And I'm not sure if I'd be too brave to get Irene's text alert sound... xd

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 24, 2013 1:24 pm  #42

I made my own using audacity.  I used "Pursuit" and the theme...but I did something a little sneaky to get past the 30 second limit on my iPhone.  I created something 30 seconds or less, then uploaded it via iTunes...THEN I used an application called Diskaid that allows you to access all of your files on your iPhone and replaced the short ones that I had uploaded with the full versions of it (you have to name them the same thing to copy over them).  Works like a charm

I have a very awesome tone that I made from the actual show itself that I used for my text alert.  It's the conversation about Irene's text alert (it includes that text alert noise) where John asks "What was that noise?" "Text alert, means I've got a text" etc.  If anyone wants it, they can just send me a PM (it's in .m4r form).

Right now, though, all of my tones are from Doctor Who.  "I am the Doctor" and the theme song.  The text alert is the Doctor's answering machine message "Oh, Blimey, leave a message at the tone.  Sorry about this, I was looking for the BRAAAAAKES-" (beeeeeeep).  

Before all that, I had one that was Sifl and Olly, where they go "You forgot I was a ninja, mother f******!!"  That one always got looks.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 24, 2013 1:26 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 3:40 pm  #43

Lily wrote:

I think the German version sounds kind of strange...

I have the Toy Box Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdauFg5VJxo) as my alarm. Nice thing to wake up to. 

Finally I am at home and could listen to it. I like it!

My ringtone is "Back To Work" from S1

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 24, 2013 10:54 pm  #44

kittykat wrote:

Is anybody brave enough to have the "other" sound associated with Irene as their text alert?

I had posted it here but apparently it's been taken off.

I think some people have a copy of it lying around, if not PM me your email and I'll send you it in Apple and Android formats.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

February 3, 2014 2:43 pm  #45

I've managed to collect almost all the ringtones played in the series (thanks mostly for this forum BTW) so far except for one. It's Irene's own text alert tone. The first time we see her she's in her car and gets a text (I'm sending you a treat) from Moriarty. Does anyone know where can I find that text tone? I thought it was a very nice and minimalistic ringtone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

February 7, 2014 1:29 pm  #46

I most be the only person in the world who doesn't own a mobile phone! Hubby and I have one for emergencies that we use when travelling in the car but that's all. I'm half tempted to break with tradition and get a phone just so I can have a Sherlock ringtone!!

February 20, 2014 1:30 am  #47

I have the Welcome to London version of Sherlock's theme as my ring tone.

January 9, 2017 3:07 pm  #48

Firstly why does Sherlock now have an iPhone - they are rubbish!

Secondly, he'd needed to have hacked his phone to transfer that ringtone from his old Android and converted it to the M4A format which isn't too easy (I've written an article on how to do so, but it takes time, effort and knowledge).

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera