BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 12:26 am  #41

Re: Why didn't Sherlock recognise his own sister? Discuss!

Or because she wants to make Sherlock pay for something he did to her (even if it wasn't deliberate)

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 12:59 am  #42

Oh, and I think we shouldn't forget that John failed to recognized his bus stop lady either.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 9, 2017 2:15 am  #43

Because she is actually himself ( Sherlock is a girls name) .What Sherlock didnt recognize was  love.  He turned it off because of -  It being a fatal mistake.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 9, 2017 2:16 am)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 9, 2017 9:03 am  #44

I recognized her from the start and told my friend who completely disagreed with me... but she was well disguised.

I have this crazy idea (bear in mind I haven't slept much and I'm still in shock)

But could the incident in their childhood have been so traumatic he completely deleted her? Suppressed it... maybe he even mixed her up with the dog?

And what about the suicidal and self-harm... I mean... his drugged mind was convinced it was about Culvertons daughter but he was seeing his own sister...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 9, 2017 9:12 am  #45

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

But could the incident in their childhood have been so traumatic he completely deleted her? Suppressed it... maybe he even mixed her up with the dog?

And what about the suicidal and self-harm... I mean... his drugged mind was convinced it was about Culvertons daughter but he was seeing his own sister...

I totally had the same thoughts !!
I think the next episode will be all about the Holmes family and its darkest secrets. Euros is all about revenge because she was clearly hidden (incarcerated ?) during long years and now, she is blood thirsty.

January 9, 2017 9:26 am  #46

I am still not sure about Sherinford as in the Czech transalation in TST it was a place, no way a person. Can it be a mistake? Or do we know something more then in English version?  

Maybe Mycroft was not such a rubish big brother. Maybe he just warned Sherlock that his sister was a danger for him but he did not remember the sister (due to some self defence mechanism).

January 9, 2017 10:06 am  #47

I can't develop as I'm in my phone and at work but good point about the suicidal behaviour (eurus as CS'S daughter), it's there for a reason.

Now what about the name that would turn her world upside down? ( I can't remember the exact words)

What if it were sherlock's world which would be turned upside down and that that one word was "Eurus"?? A word that would trigger everything. All the things he may have concealed, or suppressed from his mind palace???

"Every choice you have made, every path you have taken, the man you are today is your memory of Eurus" Mycroft says in the trailer.

An East wind is coming...

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 11:11 am  #48

I'm not convinced at all that she's actually Sherrinford. Sherrinford could be another sibling, a code name...

Who knows? She may have well led to John and she's not even sherlock's sister lol (but what would be the point of she tries to kill him just after)

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 12:21 pm  #49

Rewatching is really a scary thing.
How John's therapist/Euros says to John during the therapy session: "I am reminding you of your friend." So that is a confession of sorts. Poor John, how could he know.
But I guess that is a strong hint she is actually the sister.

Last edited by Whisky (January 9, 2017 12:22 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 9, 2017 12:31 pm  #50

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

So, Mycroft used to tell Sherlock slightly dark, disturbing stories about their psychopathic sister? Interesting! He really is a rubbish big brother

Good observation!

For now I thing Sherlock don't know he has a sister. Maybe she is the true sociopath and burned down the family house?
Sherrinford doesn't have to be a person's name.

January 9, 2017 12:40 pm  #51

In the flashback, the girl looked about the same age as Sherlock. Sherlock and Mycroft are 7 years apart. That means while Mycroft would always be disconnected to his siblings by the age difference alone, he would in no way be in a position of power to remove his sister from their family while Sherlock was still small. So what happened to her? Did the same event that formed Sherlock and Mycroft traumatise her? Did she have to be institutionalised because she became suicidal? But why would he tell Sherlock those stories? Or was it never Mycroft who told them and Sherlock just atributed his fear to something his brother had done?

Also: Eurus is very likely Mycroft-level clever. If she has truly turned  away from the angles, she could be extremly dangerous. On the other side, we know that John survives. So she does not want to kill him. Nor Sherlock. She could have done that the night they were walking together. What does she want then?

Last edited by Lola Red (January 9, 2017 12:49 pm)

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 9, 2017 12:52 pm  #52

What song does the girl sing in Sherlock's memory? When he is sagging down at Southbank?
".....who will find me..." is all I understand.

The way Sherlock takes the gun from her in that scene at Southbank, it is nearly protective. He is making sure she cannot do harm. To herself? To someone else? But later in the therapy house, she has a gun which she pulls on John. Does Sherlock suspect this happening?

He is calling her a friend, and still he senses the danger?

Last edited by Whisky (January 9, 2017 12:55 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 9, 2017 1:11 pm  #53

That song was in TST too - very difficult to make out the words.  I thought I heard "my little master ....  find me".  I will listen again and let you know if I can make anything more out! (Edit: subtitles give it as "my little master, who will finde me")

I think Sherlock is protecting her from herself, trying to talk her out of suicide (maybe a mirror of trying to talk Moriarty into suicide!). 

Last edited by Liberty (January 9, 2017 1:13 pm)

January 9, 2017 1:23 pm  #54

Re: suicidal
I thought she faked the tells. Just to make Sherlock stop her at the door if he doesn't take her case even sooner.

Re: only 7 years age difference
You know what else is odd? In TEH Mycroft says "Of course we thought you were stupid, we had no other children to go on". So Eurus wasn't there anymore when they were kids. Somebody else must have had her removed (parents?) and later on brought Mycroft in on the family secret so that he can take over.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 9, 2017 2:08 pm  #55

And we still don't know what Mycroft really did to "upset Mummy"...

Could be linked too...

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 2:12 pm  #56

The song was something like "My master who will find me"... 

I don't know the song... but Master can be a lot of things... I just have a feeling it's significant (especially since we've seen the same scene in two episodes now) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 9, 2017 2:17 pm  #57

"My little master" > sherlock could be Redbeard's "little master"

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 2:51 pm  #58

I've just read someone heard either "my little master will find me deep down below the ocean" or "if I get too lost, who will find me deep down below the ocean?".

Interesting...

Maybe someone drowned in front of sherlock.

Our maybe it's metaphoric.

"Too deep Sherlock, way too deep" (moriarty in TAB)

"You're in deep, Sherlock. Much deeper than you ever intended to be" (Mycroft in TAB)

"I shall have to go deep into myself" (Sherlock in TAB)

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 2:53 pm  #59

ewige wrote:

Re: only 7 years age difference
You know what else is odd? In TEH Mycroft says "Of course we thought you were stupid, we had no other children to go on". So Eurus wasn't there anymore when they were kids. Somebody else must have had her removed (parents?) and later on brought Mycroft in on the family secret so that he can take over.

Or she was more clever then Sherlock. It makes sense, two of three. And Mycroft is much older, not comparable but  sister of roughly the same age ....

January 9, 2017 3:43 pm  #60

Mycroft is "the smart one", but I assume that Eurus plays in the same league, hence Mycroft and Sherlock had to meet other children to put everything into perspective. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

Board footera