BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 3:59 pm  #161

Re: Called it!

I agree that the fall explanation given to Anderson is false. In fact, Sherlock never jumped off the roof of St-Bart's.
I don't think Sherlock has been in a coma, but I do think he has a mental illness. 

Also, I repeat from before: Lestrade is the Lying Detective! (Especially after a re-watch of TAB).

See: http://opaljade.tumblr.com/post/155465337307/the-lying-detective-is-lestrade
if you want my reasoning! :D

January 8, 2017 4:05 pm  #162

Er, just one point for now: it wasn't that Lestrade didn't want to take credit for arresting the bank robbers...he was simply torn about going to help Sherlock.
But it certainly would be a new twist on the Canon stories, to make Lestrade even clever, never mind on the criminal side.
I am still with the idea that it is just another running joke...Sherlock really struggled remembering Tom and actually he is very clever over Billy's name.
Whatever happened to suggestions that there might be more to Billy and that he will play a bigger role?

Last edited by besleybean (January 8, 2017 4:06 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2017 4:08 pm  #163

Talking of TRF, one of my predictions is that they'll use the scene they shot of Mycroft and Moriarty together.  (Maybe not, but I just really want them to!).

January 8, 2017 4:13 pm  #164

Liberty wrote:

Talking of TRF, one of my predictions is that they'll use the scene they shot of Mycroft and Moriarty together.  (Maybe not, but I just really want them to!).

Me too!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 4:15 pm  #165

Oh God yes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2017 4:18 pm  #166

It's obviously not possible to confirm at this point (or else there's no point having S4 at all!) But to what ewige had already pointed out, the roof scene being in the S4 opening sequence is a big clue because they've never included a scene that's not linked to an episode of that series to date.

Also, it surely can't be a coincidence Ep 3 is called "The Final Problem". The last time this was mentioned was by Moriarty on the roof of St Bart's. There's also the note with "13th" on the fridge in TST... and the fact that Sherlock said there were 13 possibilities of how the roof scene could play out. There's quite a lot of foreshadowing back to the fall already... we also know there were additional scenes filmed at Bart's that we never actually saw.

With regards to the second point about reality being "distorted" since Sherlock was shot in CAM tower. This is really to do with tracing all of the "continuity errors" we've noticed to date and seeing when they started occurring. And actually inconsistencies/ things that can't be real started happening in HLV.

A couple in S3 included:
1. The plant sliding across the floor when Sherlock was shot.
2. Magnussen saying different lines in what was meant to be the same scene ("Kill us both?" vs. "Kill both of us?")... (This is exactly like the Mary scene with different lines in TST btw...)
3. The A.G.RA vs. A.G.R.A. memory stick, as well as who actually destroyed it (he vs. she).
4. And this one is quite telling... the glass globe in Mycroft's office. In TEH, the glass globe in his office is massive. When we see it again in Sherlock's MP sequence in HLV after he was shot, it is a small version. In both of the Mycroft scenes in TST, the glass globe is *still* the small version (ie. scenes not real). And to top it all off, this was left for us as a clue to find... the "big globe" is included in 221B on Google Maps walkthrough.

Last edited by TheOtherOne (January 8, 2017 4:21 pm)

January 8, 2017 4:23 pm  #167

I'm honestly not just saying this, it is true:  I must admit that when I saw the no 13, I did think it could be a code number for a plan, like the roof top scenarios.
The Barts additional scenes were supposed to be to throw the thousands of watching fans...so we'll see.

January 8, 2017 5:45 pm  #168

I thought it might have been some code, as well, for a plan.  Or a reminder.

Anyway, I'm going to make this prediction now.  The moment in the trailer for series 4 where we see Sherlock say "I love you," even if it could possibly also have a connection to the characters, I'm predicting it has to do with the "ammo" thing that we saw in The Six Thatchers.  I'm predicting "ammo" will come up again.  Sherlock's face when he says it sort of looks like the face he has when he realizes something about a case, though it could also be interpreted other ways, out of context we don't know that for sure.  So, that's my prediction.  We'll see if I'm close to being right at all in due time. 

Clueing for looks.

January 8, 2017 6:03 pm  #169

"Love" definitely seems to be a theme.  I still get a feeling it might be a code, although I also think actual love is involved. 

January 8, 2017 6:04 pm  #170

I am torn between the two, so yes, it could mean both!

January 8, 2017 6:15 pm  #171

Yes, I've hedged my bets a bit over that one!    

Less than three hours now to get the predictions in for TLD!  (I'm saving my TFP predictions until I find out if I was completely wrong over TLD).

January 8, 2017 7:26 pm  #172

Hi,

I just wanted to try my luck too and I'm going with something I call "canon-based Rothbart-theory":
I believe that (before he became a tv star) Culverton Smith didn't have a lot of money so he came up with the plan to murder his nephew Victor Savage to get the heritage. Unfortunately Victors daughter Elizabeth got infected too and he found out that he'd only get the money without trouble if he'd adopt her and keep her alive.

He did and he became a famous tv star believing that Elizabeth (and a few others who got infected later) would always be bound to him. Why? Because if anyone ever stops taking his medication, he'll die a horrible death. So whoever wants to live a little longer has to come to him on a regular basis like a Swan to Rothbarts lake. If Culverton Smith dies or just refuses to continue the therapy...well...that would also be it for that character.

You still wonder why Elizabeth came to John Watson in the first place?
Well... Ever since series 2 I'm going with an anagram: from WATSON...TO SWAN.
Put that red cardigan on again, John. It actually suits you the best.
;-)

January 8, 2017 7:27 pm  #173

Hmmm...

January 8, 2017 7:42 pm  #174

Interesting theory and plotline, Milaya!  I don't know how closely they are going to be following TDD, but I like the way your idea draws on it.  I also love Swan Lake!  I think you might be on to something with Culverton having control over Elizabeth, although I don't know if it's going to be medication. 

January 8, 2017 10:40 pm  #175

Okay, I really didn't see that coming...and I would've loved it if they'd put a bit more of the "old information" from ACD into Culverton Smiths character. But well...maybe you just can't have everything.
Now in my head it'll be my dear Swan against something...wicked. Clever move. Can't wait until next week.
;-)

January 9, 2017 12:37 am  #176

It´s hilarious that some fans called that it would be Mrs. Hudson riding that Aston Martin!

http://marcespot.tumblr.com/post/155595946544

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 9, 2017 12:38 am  #177

She's the Bond here, guys

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 9, 2017 6:32 am  #178

Well done for calling that one, guys!

January 9, 2017 9:13 am  #179

I would never have got that one!

January 9, 2017 9:18 am  #180

Liberty wrote:

I'm going to bite the bullet and post my TLD predictions, now there are only hours to go! 

I have had a feeling that TST is Sherlock/Mary, TLD is Sherlock/John and TFP is Sherlock/Mycroft, and I'm sticking to that for now, despite us recently being told that Culverton is targeting Mycroft.  Most of these are because of clues from setlock/interviews/photos (actually I have forgotten a lot of setlock!  I should review it before the episode.  Or maybe wait for it to be a surprise).

TST really happened.  Rosie is John and Mary's, Mary really died, etc.
TLD will feature bus stop woman as Culverton's daughter (as she seems to be the same actress), but must be in disguise. John has been targeted by her/Culverton for some reasons - this is not an accident.
Culverton is a Jimmy Saville type of character - much-loved, avuncular, public figure, with a similar dark secret.
Culverton will play mind games with Sherlock.
TLD will focus on John and Sherlock's relationship.  But no Johnlock!
Culverton is a businessman on a Dragon's Den/Britain's Got Talent TV show, called Business Killer.  
Mind palace/drug scenes agogo
Toby Jones will be brilliant!
Possibly, those missing five minutes are going to be about them doing something clever with TV (something they will show us after the episode appears to be finished).  I'm still going with something along these lines for the "making TV history" thing.

Mycroft - I think his focus will be in TFP, but I think he deliberately mislead Sherlock with the Black Pearl, and we're building up to him as antagonist.  Possibly he is the one playing a very long game.  But that's probably for my TFP predictions, if I'm still thinking along those lines after TLD!

Well, I was wrong about Culverton's TV show, and about those five minutes at the end (although I'm still holding out hope for TFP!).  Right about the disguise, but I thought Lady in Red really was Culverton's daughter. 

Board footera