BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2017 11:33 pm  #21

Re: 221B Baker Street on GoogleMaps

tonnaree wrote:

IT WON'T LET ME GO UPSTAIRS TO JOHN'S BEDROOM!   *pout*

Lol. I tried that too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 7, 2017 12:05 am  #22

Schmiezi wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Lol. I tried that too.

Of course you did.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 7, 2017 12:35 am  #23

tonnaree wrote:

The first thing I totally did not do was try to go to Sherlock's bedroom for a closer look...nope did not do that at all! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 7, 2017 2:33 am  #24

That's spectacular!
Now I have finally found the third scull (next to the window - I've seen it before but it failed to register) and noticed there's one more (with a weird skeleton attached) in the kitchen!
The ceiling in the kitchen is a fixed one while the living room's one has been photoshopped in. The removable ceiling plates have apparently come in handy this season.
The rug is very red, just like in the TST. Don't know what to make of it, the high saturation makes it look surreal.
The scull picture isn't glowing (hmmpf).
Also, what's that door next to the fridge? A balcony?

The flat is shockingly shabby and cluttered - more so than I thought before, being distracted by its inhabitants No wonder John felt like throwing away half of the stuff on his first visit

Oh, and the armchairs are standing really close to each other.

I love this awesome easter egg. I just hope it's not a memorial of sorts for the time we won't have 221B anymore because it's been destroyed
(I know, I know... Already heading to the bathroom to wash out my mouth with soap...)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 7, 2017 8:46 am  #25

I was thinking the same thing, Ewige.  Or not so much that it's a memorial, but that we'll be able to see the destruction after it happens.  (Although I don't know how it works, so maybe that's not possible).

January 7, 2017 10:58 am  #26

The cabinet in the kitchen is full with animal skulls. And it has a collection of shark teeth too. There is also a "Little Billy" skull on the shelf, next to the big one in the living room, but I saw it on the promo pics already.

Funny that someone did not notice the chaos in the room. Chaos makes the room. But then, I am a set junkie and Arwel is my god. Plus I was there physically already at the Con in 2015 (THAT was a thing, I can tell you!)

The funny lighting is probably StreetView's way of lighting interiors to make them well visible. They also had to make up the ceiling somehow, because there is none on the set.

January 7, 2017 11:13 am  #27

I must confess, apart from glowing skull etc...221 B looked pretty much the same as it always had to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2017 11:31 am  #28

But we have never seen the kitchen in it's whole glory.
Yes, it is the old good 221B. I practically live there.
If I hadn't a huge Mind Cellar already, I would use this one for information storage.

January 7, 2017 11:39 am  #29

And so Sherlock is keeping a print-out pic of Harry Houdini only dressed in a loincloth on his desk. Interesting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2017 11:41 am  #30

Best pal of ACD and quite a character.  I like Harry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2017 11:41 am  #31

It might be because Harry Houdini and Arthur Conan Doyle were friends.

January 7, 2017 11:51 am  #32

Well I knew it was a scuzz-dump :D but not of such proportions!

I think Google Maps can alter images if something will be happening to the flat, but it's not that simple and would require careful coordination.

I have to admit I'll be very upset if we have to say good-bye to 221B at the end of this season. I'm prepared for Mycroft, Molly, Mary (again? ditto Moriarty), Mrs. Hudson or Mike (how many M's can I cram in?) to be killed off, but NOT 221B!!!

-----

January 7, 2017 12:24 pm  #33

Nothing is certain yet. Or written. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2017 12:33 pm  #34

Surely Rosie must go?

January 7, 2017 12:38 pm  #35

besleybean wrote:

Surely Rosie must go?

But she doesn't even start with an M! (much...)

-----

January 7, 2017 12:39 pm  #36

This is true...altho she does have Mary as a middle name!

January 7, 2017 4:47 pm  #37

I like how they photoshopped the ceiling in but I noticed when you look in the mirror you can see there is no ceiling haha.

It really is interesting looking around though, love looking at all the little details and getting a little glimpse into Sherlock's life. The books on the shelf are interesting to go through.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 7, 2017 4:51 pm  #38

I've always wanted to sit in 221 B and read all of the books!

January 8, 2017 6:30 am  #39

ewige wrote:

That's spectacular!
Now I have finally found the third scull (next to the window - I've seen it before but it failed to register) and noticed there's one more (with a weird skeleton attached) in the kitchen!
The ceiling in the kitchen is a fixed one while the living room's one has been photoshopped in. The removable ceiling plates have apparently come in handy this season.
The rug is very red, just like in the TST. Don't know what to make of it, the high saturation makes it look surreal.
The scull picture isn't glowing (hmmpf).
Also, what's that door next to the fridge? A balcony?

The flat is shockingly shabby and cluttered - more so than I thought before, being distracted by its inhabitants No wonder John felt like throwing away half of the stuff on his first visit

Oh, and the armchairs are standing really close to each other.

I love this awesome easter egg. I just hope it's not a memorial of sorts for the time we won't have 221B anymore because it's been destroyed
(I know, I know... Already heading to the bathroom to wash out my mouth with soap...)

I suppose we only saw it once or twice, but remember the camera angles/shots when Sherlock goes down that way when Irene visits?  Yep, that's his bedroom, down a short passageway (and supposed to be another door within there to the bathroom)!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 8, 2017 8:29 am  #40

Indeed.
But we can't reach those parts form this map, can we?
Nor John's room upstairs?!

Board footera