BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2017 12:49 am  #141

Re: Called it!

ewige wrote:

221b is destroyed by the end of the season ("the end of an era"), Sherlock and John move to a cottage in Sussex to continue as innbeekeepers. Sherlock writes a white paper on apiculture and new environmental challenges, thus revolutionizing the field.

Moftiss admit in a widely broadcasted interview that getting the world's attention to the environmental issues was their endgame from the start and present us with an ultimatum: stop killing bees and polluting the air, else there will be no S5. Sue simultaneously leaks a storyboard of John licking honey off  somebody's long neck. China's manufacturing industry screeches to a halt.

...Here's to the better new year than the old one.

LOL! Love this!  

January 1, 2017 1:41 am  #142

Well, it's getting close now... I guess I'd like to add my long list of wild speculations to this thread.

1) Sherlock never jumped off Bart's roof in TRF.  (It was an illusion using Pepper's Ghost and a projection on the facade of the wall). 
2) Victor Trevor will make an appearance in S4.
3) There's a specific reason why Sherlock can't remember Lestrade's name.
4) Moriarty is dead. (It's a computer program).
5) Sherrinford is Mycroft's twin.
6) John's addiction to danger is the reason the new recruits died. 
7) The Final Problem will also be based on The Problem of Thor Bridge (A tale of murderous jealousy and revenge). 
8) Sherlock suffers from a dissociative identity disorder. (All explained in my fanfic The Adventures of the Dying Detective's Husband. Sorry, Johnlock fic).
9) Hypnosis/ mind control will play a role at some point in S4.
10) Harry Watson will make an appearance.
11) Mary is based on ACD Birdy Edwards and ACD Effie Munro.
12) Lestrade will be part of a huge plot twist.
13) Mary has a secret child and I think Mary will die doing something heroic.
14) Redbeard was Sherlock's mentor (and possibly Moriarty's as well).
15) We will see some kind of cult (like the illuminati) or something.
16) A.G.R.A. will relate back to ACD The Sign of Four
17) In TRF, Sherlock accessed Moriarty's recall code by copying his eye biometric pass code. Moriarty trumped him by having a second biometric passcode; his heartbeat. That's why he killed himself. 
18) Baby Watson is real. 
19) U.M.Q.R.A will somehow be related to A.G.R.A (just because I think it's too much of a coincidence they both end in R.A.!)
20) Romantic John/Sherlock is endgame.

Well there you have it!! I have a feeling I'm going to be laughing at myself when I re-read this list after S4 is over! LOL!  

January 2, 2017 8:35 am  #143

This doesn't count because I didn't commit myself and post here - but here's what I stuck on a post-it before TST:

Mary working for Mycroft
Mary as goodie/redeemed
John has an affair, leading to a messy divorce
Sherlock and John fall out over this
Mary may be dead or appear dead at the end of TST
TST focus on Mary and her past

I actually wasn't that far off, but I freely admit that was down to reading interviews and so on, which I think hinted at all of the above.  Mary working for Mycroft I got from TAB, and it looks like it wasn't him specifically but the government.   John didn't really have an affair, and there was no divorce.  And Sherlock and John didn't fall out over John having an affair.  However, there were the texts to bus stop lady, so I was on the right track! 

Last edited by Liberty (January 2, 2017 8:35 am)

January 2, 2017 10:07 am  #144

Gosh you were clever on the second one, but I do not think it would have led to divorce.
I personally think Mary is dead.
I agreed with you on the rest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2017 11:20 am  #145

Well, I wondered if the comments about a messy divorce were a double bluff and it was actually going to happen.  There was something that I think it was Martin said in an interview that made me think he might have an affair.  Something about them not dealing well with parenthood and being tempted.  And one of the soundtrack pieces was called "Cheating", I think.   So not actually a terribly clever deduction! 

January 2, 2017 11:22 am  #146

You just paid attention!
Your post really made me raise my eyebrow...but I can't say why in public!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2017 4:51 pm  #147

Mary will be ressurected in the next episode. It will turn out only a dummy was shot.

And Sherlock didn´t say anything of that to John and took his anger instead, because he is a glutton for punishment. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 2, 2017 4:52 pm  #148

Oof...more fake deaths!

January 2, 2017 9:07 pm  #149

Oh, I just had an idea. Horrible, but I think it could actually happen:

Mycroft dies, leaving Sherlock being the one griefing loss of a loved one. And that will be the turning point for John to let go of his own anger towards Sherlock, and they will reconcile. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 2, 2017 10:38 pm  #150

God I hope not...

January 5, 2017 3:53 pm  #151

That sounds really painful...we shall see if any of what you are predicting comes to pass.  I can see how it would work in the story, but I hope Mycroft sticks around.

Clueing for looks.

January 6, 2017 8:48 pm  #152

besleybean wrote:

God I hope not...

Me, too!  I do so want Sherlock and John to reconcile, but not that way.

January 8, 2017 10:27 am  #153

I'm going to bite the bullet and post my TLD predictions, now there are only hours to go! 

I have had a feeling that TST is Sherlock/Mary, TLD is Sherlock/John and TFP is Sherlock/Mycroft, and I'm sticking to that for now, despite us recently being told that Culverton is targeting Mycroft.  Most of these are because of clues from setlock/interviews/photos (actually I have forgotten a lot of setlock!  I should review it before the episode.  Or maybe wait for it to be a surprise).

TST really happened.  Rosie is John and Mary's, Mary really died, etc.
TLD will feature bus stop woman as Culverton's daughter (as she seems to be the same actress), but must be in disguise. John has been targeted by her/Culverton for some reasons - this is not an accident.
Culverton is a Jimmy Saville type of character - much-loved, avuncular, public figure, with a similar dark secret.
Culverton will play mind games with Sherlock.
TLD will focus on John and Sherlock's relationship.  But no Johnlock!
Culverton is a businessman on a Dragon's Den/Britain's Got Talent TV show, called Business Killer.  
Mind palace/drug scenes agogo
Toby Jones will be brilliant!
Possibly, those missing five minutes are going to be about them doing something clever with TV (something they will show us after the episode appears to be finished).  I'm still going with something along these lines for the "making TV history" thing.

Mycroft - I think his focus will be in TFP, but I think he deliberately mislead Sherlock with the Black Pearl, and we're building up to him as antagonist.  Possibly he is the one playing a very long game.  But that's probably for my TFP predictions, if I'm still thinking along those lines after TLD!

Last edited by Liberty (January 8, 2017 11:08 am)

January 8, 2017 10:53 am  #154

I'm holding out for a double bluff with the bus stop lady. I think she's on the side of the angels

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 11:00 am  #155

I could get that if she had been trying to warn John...but then why does John seem guilty and refer to himself as also being  a liar?
It could work, though.

January 8, 2017 11:01 am  #156

I have had that impression in setlock, and she certainly seems to be in TST.  So targetting is not necessarily sinister, but could be a warning, a plea for help, etc.  I'm just very intrigued that she's in disguise, and why she picks John rather than Sherlock. 

January 8, 2017 1:53 pm  #157

Going to put down two thoughts:
1. The fall in TRF did not happen as explained thus far, or there's additional details around the fall that have not been shown to us yet.
2. "Reality" has been distorted since Mary shot Sherlock in CAM Tower in HLV.

January 8, 2017 3:27 pm  #158

I disagree on the second one...well apart from TAB, of course.
On the first: what do you mean by 'The Fall', exactly?  Do you mean Moriarty is alive, or it wasn't Moriarty, or they didn't shoot John's sniper to protect him, or it wasn't Sherlock or this isn't Sherlock? Or do you just mean the purely technical issue of how they pulled it off? I never really cared how they did it, I just accepted they did.

January 8, 2017 3:29 pm  #159

The opening sequence indicates that we are not done with the Barts roof yet, but none of us expected to be, I think.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 3:32 pm  #160

I'm not certain it does mean that...but it could do.

Board footera