BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2017 11:41 am  #21

Re: Hellish tropes

Oh yes it surely is. I love Norway!
Probably a bit dull for someone like Moriarty or Sherlock though.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 7, 2017 7:25 pm  #22

Interesting topic! I was wondering if Magnussen kept Mary's secret about being an assassin from John, at a great cost- a very personal blackmail- could the baby be Magnussen's? [ you may say EWW here..]He's as fair haired and blue eyed as John

Last edited by Meggie K (January 7, 2017 10:33 pm)

January 7, 2017 7:28 pm  #23

Why would Mary want a relationship with CAM when she clearly loves John?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2017 7:30 pm  #24

besleybean wrote:

Why would Mary want a relationship with CAM when she clearly loves John?

Sleeping with him could have been the price she paid for his silence. I certainly wouldn't say Mary would WANT to willingly do so!

January 7, 2017 7:32 pm  #25

I think Mary's more a bumping somebody off girl, rather than allowing herself to be abused...the show seems to support this theory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2017 7:34 pm  #26

I don't think the baby is CAM's, partly because Mary seems surprised and shocked when CAM sends the telegram.  I don't get the impression she had had recent contact (and had sex with him).  Very shortly after hearing from him (days after returning from honeymoon?), she is ready to kill him, and I think the telegram was the trigger. 

I also get the impression later that Rosie is John and Mary's. 

Last edited by Liberty (January 7, 2017 7:35 pm)

January 7, 2017 7:34 pm  #27

besleybean wrote:

I think Mary's more a bumping somebody off girl, rather than allowing herself to be abused...the show seems to support this theory.

Oh, I so hope you are right rather than me in this case! I guess my suspicions were based on the fact that I have long wondered how Mary got into and out of Magnussen's office without being detected by security and Janine,.

Last edited by Meggie K (January 7, 2017 7:48 pm)

January 7, 2017 7:35 pm  #28

Well Mary certainly isn't around to defend her honour, but I will try and do it for her!

January 7, 2017 7:38 pm  #29

besleybean wrote:

Well Mary certainly isn't around to defend her honour, but I will try and do it for her!

Excellent, and right now it says Threatened knighthood under your name. Perfect for someone performing a good deed.

Last edited by Meggie K (January 7, 2017 7:39 pm)

January 7, 2017 10:26 pm  #30

Liberty wrote:

I don't think the baby is CAM's, partly because Mary seems surprised and shocked when CAM sends the telegram.  I don't get the impression she had had recent contact (and had sex with him).  Very shortly after hearing from him (days after returning from honeymoon?), she is ready to kill him, and I think the telegram was the trigger. 

I also get the impression later that Rosie is John and Mary's. 

Also, by the time she got the telegram, she was already pregnant. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

Board footera