BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2017 2:58 pm  #1

Bonjour from France !

Hello everyone !

My name is Pauline, I'm 30 and I'm from France. Sherlock Holmes is my favourite fictional character since I discovered him when I was 14. Since then, I read the Canon more than once, I love the Granada adaptation (Jeremy Brett was brilliant !) and, of course, the BBC one !

I discovered BBC Sherlock the first time it was aired in France and, since then, I am completely and irrevocably Sherlocked ! So, last night, after the brilliant episode, I decided that I had to share my passion with fellow Sherlockians, who would understand my adoration of this show ! If asked about my favourite character, I must answer Mycroft ! I absolutely love him and Mark Gatiss and I was thrilled to see he had more screen time in TST ! I hope to see him some more and that no funest destiny awaits him...

Do not hesitate to ask me questions if you are curious ! I won't bite ! 

January 2, 2017 3:13 pm  #2

Re: Bonjour from France !

Welcome to the forum and enjoy! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 2, 2017 3:20 pm  #3

Bienvenue!
Well, we have at least two common points: I'm French and my fav character's Mycroft too

Just like old times...

January 2, 2017 3:29 pm  #4

Hi Pauline!

Welcome! My favourite character is Sherlock but I love Mycroft as well and I especially love the scenes between them. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them together in series 4!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 2, 2017 4:14 pm  #5

Thank you !! 

@Punch me in the face : we may have more than two common points, as I am from Valenciennes, not too far from Lille ! 

January 2, 2017 4:17 pm  #6

Welcome, Pauline!  Mycroft does seem to steal every scene he is in!  I'm hoping we continue to see more of him through the series.

January 2, 2017 4:24 pm  #7

Hello Pauline! Welcome to the forum!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 2, 2017 4:25 pm  #8

Welcome to the forum, Pauline! I hope you enjoy it here.  You joined at a busy time for the forum, since we're just beginning our series 4 discussions and the pacing is rather fast, so I hope you able to keep up! I struggle myself, sometimes, but it's a lot of fun.

Clueing for looks.

January 2, 2017 4:29 pm  #9

Thank you for all your kind messages !

@Yitzock : ah ah ! Yes, I can imagine the frenzy ! I'll be sure to read every threads through and through ! 

January 3, 2017 6:21 pm  #10

Welcome to the forum! I have a weakness for caring Mycroft. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 3, 2017 6:43 pm  #11

Thank you ! Yes, Mycroft is amazing ! 

Board footera