BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2016 8:11 pm  #41

Re: The Avengers

Well he was in love with other people and they couldn't stop him, he found his match I guess.

I love that quote: "Things started to change when I met my life partner, Mrs. Downey. She told me, ‘I’m not doing that drug dance with you. I’m drawing a line in the sand here.’ She was absolutely clear about it. That doesn’t mean that other women, business associates, movie directors, insurance companies, judges and law enforcement hadn’t been clear about it too. It was that, before I met Mrs. Downey, I just didn’t give a goddamn. What changed is that I cared.” 

Last edited by Ivy (March 4, 2016 8:11 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 4, 2016 8:32 pm  #42

Aw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 6, 2016 6:54 pm  #43

I thought RDJ was brilliant in Chaplin. He has enormous talent and his timing is superb. I would like to see him stretch himself more though. Mark Ruffalo is just so lovely. I really admire Scarlett Johansson's work as well although I do wish Marvel movies had more dynamic and independent female roles/characters not ones that hang-off the male characters in one way or another.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 6, 2016 6:59 pm  #44

After the SH films I binge-watched on RDJ films. He is excellent and I would wish to see him doing something different than Marvel. I really like his Iron Man but he can do so much more. "Fur" with Nicole Kidman is still one of my favourites. And I liked him very much in "Less Than Zero" even if the film was not very good as an adaptation. And, yes, there is of course "Chaplin" which is wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 6, 2016 7:58 pm  #45

Davina wrote:

I thought RDJ was brilliant in Chaplin. He has enormous talent and his timing is superb. I would like to see him stretch himself more though. 

SusiGo wrote:

After the SH films I binge-watched on RDJ films. He is excellent and I would wish to see him doing something different than Marvel. I really like his Iron Man but he can do so much more. "Fur" with Nicole Kidman is still one of my favourites. And I liked him very much in "Less Than Zero" even if the film was not very good as an adaptation. And, yes, there is of course "Chaplin" which is wonderful. 

Totally agree with both of you. 

Oh yes "Fur" that was fantastic. 

By the way I also liked him in "Home for the Holidays" and in "Ally McBeal" oh and in "Good Night and Good Luck" small part but still.

Last edited by Ivy (March 6, 2016 8:00 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 2, 2017 9:04 pm  #46

Not a Marvel fan, but being the mother to a 7 year old boy, I didn't really have a choice but to watch a lot of Marvel movies...

​Super heroes are not my thing, so I was more interested in Tony Stark as his super power is his brain and not some super strenght or whatever. I really like his personality. Like he pretends not to care when he's probably the most selfless character of MCU. He's not flawless of course, and he made some enormous mistakes, but all he wants is to help others. I felt so bad for him in Civil War.

​Oh, also, I'm a huge fan of Steve/Tony relationship, but that's another story ​ It does make the movies more entertaining though! lol

Just like old times...

January 3, 2017 8:54 am  #47

Tony Stark/Iron Man is my fav Marvel hero/Avenger but that may change because Doctor Strange !!
I love the character development done with Iron Man and Hulk especially.
Civil War I didn't care for much because (don't hit me, please !) I HATE Captain America ! The one thing I liked in this movie was the fun new Spider-Man !
Anyway, I can't wait to see the next Avengers !!

Board footera