BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2012 9:10 am  #581

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Last edited by SusiGo (September 5, 2012 9:10 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 5, 2012 9:20 am  #582

SusiGo wrote:

From yesterday's "Anna Karenina" premiere:

I am *always* glad to see the brown hair. Always. It's a nice length here, too. Some of we ladies would pay good money to have curls like that, wouldn't we. His eyes are definitely green, not blue. I love the little dark brown spot right next to the pupil in the right one-- you can only see it in photos where he opens his eyes wide, so his eyelid lifts up enough to see it. Lord, he is a beautiful one, isn't he. Not only beautiful, but absolutely unique, so different from our American cookie-cutter pretty boys that Hollywood thinks is all we want to see. But you know, I come off as shallow most of the time on this thread, joking about thudding over His Fineness, but the thing I find even more fine than the face is the intelligence, kindness, and good humor that shine out of those pretty eyes.  *loves*

September 5, 2012 9:23 am  #583

Mattlocked wrote:

I hope anciensgate has fastened her safety belts. 

*thanks for the smile*  I really should buckle up and maybe stick on a helmet too when I open this thread to see the latest offerings. Good lord.... but this one more made me melt for some reason, rather than thudding. *happy sigh*  Could be because it's five o'clock in the AM, and I should be sleeping, and maybe my poor brain thinks I'm having a happy dream instead.

September 5, 2012 9:50 am  #584

I like the "natural" photos even more than the big fashion shots because they capture more of his personality. That's why I like the black-and-white one on page 38 so much in which he's reading a script or whatever.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 5, 2012 10:43 am  #585

Page 38? I'm on page 30 right now.  Or another thread?
It depends on your personal settings how many postings per page, I think, so better tell us the number of the post 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 5, 2012 10:47 am  #586

Sorry for being an idiot. It's #565. Now you can continue your studies. 

September 5, 2012 11:07 am  #587

But you can just see his roots coming through in the photo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 5, 2012 11:09 am  #588

True, I'd like to see him going ginger once again. 

September 5, 2012 11:14 am  #589

SusiGo wrote:

I like the "natural" photos even more than the big fashion shots because they capture more of his personality.

That's why I envy men sometimes . They look great even being "natural", what I can't say about girls .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

September 5, 2012 11:22 am  #590

ancientsgate wrote:

Not only beautiful, but absolutely unique, so different from our American cookie-cutter pretty boys that Hollywood thinks is all we want to see. But you know, I come off as shallow most of the time on this thread, joking about thudding over His Fineness, but the thing I find even more fine than the face is the intelligence, kindness, and good humor that shine out of those pretty eyes.  *loves*

That's it!
I think most of Ben's popularity among women all over the world is due to the fact that we got tired of all those "sweeties". In contrast there appears Ben, a smart gentleman with perfect sense of humor. And here we are, fallen in love  .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

September 5, 2012 12:27 pm  #591

SusiGo wrote:

True, I'd like to see him going ginger once again. 

Yucko. Too fake. Too orange.  Poor man, he can't keep us all happy at once, can he?  heh

September 5, 2012 12:35 pm  #592

How can it be fake when it is his natural hair colour?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 5, 2012 12:43 pm  #593

Davina wrote:

How can it be fake when it is his natural hair colour?

His hair has been lots of different colors in the last few years. Even as Sherlock-- in one of the episodes, I forget which one, it looked nearly black to me, a bit severe IMO.

I don't know how blond-red he is naturally. I think I've read that he said his natural color is auburn-- auburn is brown with reddish highlights, not red-blond-orange all over like that. ???  I dunno, but he sure keeps whoever does his hair busy!

September 5, 2012 1:09 pm  #594

Auburn is an alternative/posh way here of  saying red-head or ginger. Lots of people say they have auburn hair if others would call them ginger.

September 5, 2012 3:05 pm  #595

LoveBug54 wrote:

Thank you! Even Amanda Abbington thinks John was jealous during that episode, which I think earned her a "WTF?" response from her husband, but whatever. 

I totally agree with Amanda, LB, and have written about this at length on the 'Christmas is Cancelled at 221B' thread of aSiB. Jealousy is a minor theme throughout the whole episode (but does not necessarily have to mean sexual jealousy - although it can).  As it often is in all these episodes there's enough leeway for various interpretations of scenes and lines, but my belief is that the director deliberately chose to lean toward jealousy - especially when we see John set the mug down as Irene leans in for the kiss.  The music grinds down with a very unhappy sound - which to my mind is reflective of John's thoughts. The same with the baby name business, which comes off rather peevish and snarky on his part. The "look at us both" line is also reflected in the way Irene and John are both looking at Sherlock with the same stunned awe and admiration when he breaks the flight 007 code in about 10 seconds.  It's obvious to me that John and Irene are in quite the competetion. 

I think I read somewhere that Martin's interp of John in aSiB is one of a concerned friend not wanting to see his friend in an 'unhealthy' relationship with a notorious woman like Irene; however, even he might not have been aware of the ambigious twists and tweeks the director and editor would make for the finalized version.

Oh god, here I am again, going on and on about this subject.  This isn't the right thread.  I'll shut up now and let everyone get back to oogling Ben 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 5, 2012 5:21 pm  #596

Davina wrote:

But you can just see his roots coming through in the photo.

I was just thinking that... lol He changes his hair color more than any woman I know although I do realize it's for roles. Pretty soon he's going to have to start growing it out for filming Series 3. woo-hoo!

I do love his freckles and the fact he even has them in the first place.

September 5, 2012 8:33 pm  #597

Time for a good-night-dream-sweet picture:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 5, 2012 8:43 pm  #598

*Swoon*

September 6, 2012 4:23 pm  #599

I saw these pics a while as and have just managed to find them again. Does anyone know the context? They just seem a little random.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 6, 2012 4:31 pm  #600

He might be on Highgate Cemetery in Northern London although I don't know the context. It's the most fascinating cemetery I've ever been to, you can visit one part of it only with a guide so that you don't fall into a crumbling crypt. It's full of stone angels and pyramids and monuments and Karl Marx is buried in the public part of it. Don't miss it if you're going to London. 

Board footera