BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2017 11:17 pm  #101

Re: First impressons and discussions

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

As for bus stop lady - she is much more than we think. She will come back in TLD, believe me. 

Yes, I expect her to be back, as well. Still, what we've seen of her and John so far tells us one or two things about John. He didn't throw her number away, he contacted her, he texted her in the middle of the night... where was all that coming from? It felt to me as if I don't know this John at all.

I agree, John was really disappointing here. Flirting away while Mary gets up to comfort her daughter. Bleh.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 1, 2017 11:18 pm  #102

ewige wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Someone on tumblr made screenshots of the texts John wrote in bed and those he made on the bus. It is not the same script. And not the same style of writing. They are not written to the same person. 

But how can you tell?
Do you have a link?

It's an interesting theory but I think that might be reading too much into it. I think they come from John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 1, 2017 11:21 pm  #103

Swanpride wrote:

If you have the feeling that you have o hide something from your partner, than it is more than just a fantasy.

I agree about this. This to me is the best (or: most certain) sign of infideltiy - do you feel like you have to hide it from your partner?

I don't like the idea about the woman being planted, though (even if it's probably true). Because it would feel as if there were nothing that Jon were in control of. 

I am not too fond of Mary sharing something with Sherlock that she doesn't share with John (and vice verca). Why is he always kept out of the loop from the both of them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2017 11:26 pm  #104

ewige wrote:

So you mean there is an actual case? Like, with criminals involved? I thought it was just something more personal (help him get over it) and in the end romantic 

I think there will be a very huge case involving Moriarty, Sherrinford, Mary's past and this creepy guy from the trailer. Like the final problem to solve and then all those black lotus guys and Magnussens will stop dropping and there will be no more game like this.

I'm kinda tired and confused and I don't know if what I wrote makes sense so sorry if not ^^

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

January 1, 2017 11:29 pm  #105

Sherlock's Curl wrote:

ewige wrote:

So you mean there is an actual case? Like, with criminals involved? I thought it was just something more personal (help him get over it) and in the end romantic 

I think there will be a very huge case involving Moriarty, Sherrinford, Mary's past and this creepy guy from the trailer. Like the final problem to solve and then all those black lotus guys and Magnussens will stop dropping and there will be no more game like this.

I'm kinda tired and confused and I don't know if what I wrote makes sense so sorry if not ^^

Welcome to the forum - great first post haha!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 1, 2017 11:30 pm  #106

OK, I've watched the "Go to hell, Sherlock" again, and I can just see it as Mary warning Sherlock that it's going to be difficult, but it still feels sinister to me.   There's no sense of sympathy for him.  And I'm bearing in mind that she carefully planned these to be the last words he heard from her, that face to be the last he saw of her. And as I keep saying, she knew she was going to die, or she wouldn't have sent the video!  It's all suspicious. (Unless maybe she'd set up her death to trigger the video being sent - e.g. instructions with agents - which again just makes me think of Moriarty!).

I was actually hoping for Mary to be redeemed, which she was.  But it feels almost too pat in the way.  As if all the boxes were ticked.  It was confirmed that she was working for Mycroft/the government (I guessed that might be the case straight after TAB!), and that that was her "freelance" work.  Once she knew she was being targeted she tried to keep the danger away from John and Rosie.  We found out her real name, she told us what AGRA was and what was on the stick.  She ended up directly taking a bullet for a Sherlock, in the heart, as a reminder of HLV.  And she apologised for shooting.

All the boxes ticked, almost too well.  I'm just suspicious.  Is THAT what Moriarty was going to do next, what he'd set up for after his death? 

And then that message at the end. 

I don't think this over. 

Last edited by Liberty (January 1, 2017 11:36 pm)

January 1, 2017 11:32 pm  #107

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

As for bus stop lady - she is much more than we think. She will come back in TLD, believe me. 

Yes, I expect her to be back, as well. Still, what we've seen of her and John so far tells us one or two things about John. He didn't throw her number away, he contacted her, he texted her in the middle of the night... where was all that coming from? It felt to me as if I don't know this John at all.

edit: Ah, interesting, Susi, thanks for mentioning this.

I can imagine her being hired my somebody, because John just flew on her like no coincidence would explain.

Just being a curl.

January 1, 2017 11:33 pm  #108

This episode got me thinking - why doesn't Sherlock stand up for himself? 

Yes, I do think that quite often it's his own fault and he deserves whatever yelling he gets. But this time, that wasn't deserved. So why doesn't he put his foot down and tell John? Just like Sherlock sometimes need a reality orientation, so does - seemingly - John.

I am really eager to see what will happen in the coming episodes!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2017 11:35 pm  #109

Sherlock's Curl wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I can imagine her being hired my somebody, because John just flew on her like no coincidence would explain.

Well he flew on Kate, Irene's assistant, readily enough. She didn't even need to be logically interested in him.

-----

January 1, 2017 11:36 pm  #110

Calling it now - there is not much reality in this episode. If everything is true, you can laugh at me. But only after TFP. 

Because: John and Mary having changed sides in the bed. A door in their living-room that was not there before. Their hair growing between HLV and TST to a length that would take months. John shown as having cases with Sherlock AND a wife and child and still being prone to cheat. 
This is completely surreal. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 1, 2017 11:37 pm  #111

Now that I had some time to think about it, I find it interesting how my impressions and feelings and opinions about Mary and series three shift again. The feeling that is strongest is that Mary has been around for quite a long while and that I feel kind of relieved the story arc is finished (and I hope it is). I really enjoyed her role, I didn't enjoy how very close she got in between John and Sherlock, and I didn't enjoy her skill set. I like how her death links back to HLV.

I enjoyed the episode, I was hooked, and held my breath at points.
But it felt a bit strange. I didn't get this "Sherlock feeling" overall. Only felt that in some scenes which were scattered. also it was all so fast-paced.

what I didn't like so much was the way the Watson family was shown. god, that baby is just a pain in the ass for both of them, waking them, and needs being babysitted all the time because the parents aren't around. I liked the focus wasn't on the baby or family, but at the same time, the baby felt very much like a prop and not a character

Also bit sad about the action and bigscale case. i miss "normal" cases. not international-british government-cases. Aaaand there wasn't much 221b , also there was not much Mrs hudson or Molly   and because it was so confusing (or i thought so), it felt like Sherlock and John had no real chemistry. it was business-like, somehow.

John's bus scenes didn't add to the story, imo. they felt so unrelated. But I think maybe the woman from the bus will come back again.

I don't know, I am forgetting parts already. need to rewatch.

Right now, I still pine for the style of series 1 and 2, while I really start to love series 3 now, in comparison. which i found hard to love at first. but maybe i find this new episode even harder to embrace. I don't like how everything becomes so very personal on such a big scale. The original stories feel different. I cannot say what it is exactly, but it doesn't sit right with me

the end makes me feel confused the more i think about it. i start disliking the video disc. i start being annoyed by how John is shown, the way he shuts Sherlock out. Why this again? We had the reunion. And John.... I have a different perception of his character. I don't think he would shut Sherlock out, not for real. In his first grieve, yes. But not for longer.

okay this sounds like lots of critic but I confess I will need time to love this as a whole. I enjoyed it. I'm not head over heels for it - yet.

I liked the story, the adaptation. And many small things about it, but find them harder to remember. Rewatching is a must now.

"It is what it is."

January 1, 2017 11:37 pm  #112

I want to know what is in the note John wrote to Sherlock.
The scene with Molly was heartbreaking. The note must be... I don't know... maybe the reason Sherlock doesn't try to defent himself just yet.

-----

January 1, 2017 11:38 pm  #113

ewige wrote:

Lis wrote:

It must be just grief talking and John will come to realise that it wasn't Sherlock's fault. He also feels guilt for his part with the bus lady and Mary died believing John was perfect when he knew he wasn't.

No she didn't die believing John was perfect. She picked up his mobile from the night stand, remember?

i thought he took it with him while bringing Baby watson to bed?

Just being a curl.

January 1, 2017 11:39 pm  #114

I sort of want to think that he's texting with Sherlock but I have no reason for that except for my wishful thinking. However, that would explain why Sherlock feels guilty too.

-----

January 1, 2017 11:41 pm  #115

Whisky - I think I agree with everything you wrote.

If I were to sum up my thougths and impressions in one word, it would be - confused.

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2017 11:41 pm  #116

ewige wrote:

Sherlock's Curl wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Well he flew on Kate, Irene's assistant, readily enough. She didn't even need to be logically interested in him.

True that, John always was easily attrackted by women (his many dates, Mycroft's assistences and so on) but I don't See him as someone putting his family at stake just for fun. If it was some sort of midlife crisis or growing distance to Mary because of the child it wasn't shown enough to really be the issue.

January 1, 2017 11:43 pm  #117

Why did they decide to go with the six Thatchers when it had already been mentioned, but in a different scenario, in John's blog?

This whole episode is weird!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 1, 2017 11:43 pm  #118

I feel like, even if I just watched the episode, I'm even more confused now than I was before. 

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2017 11:43 pm  #119

ewige wrote:

I sort of want to think that he's texting with Sherlock but I have no reason for that except for my wishful thinking. However, that would explain why Sherlock feels guilty too.

oh you're bringing bad ideas to my brain.

Just being a curl.

January 1, 2017 11:44 pm  #120

Vhanja wrote:

I feel like, even if I just watched the episode, I'm even more confused now than I was before. 

I think I'm just going to be in a permanent state of confusion for the next two weeks. 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

Board footera