BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2016 7:45 am  #121

Re: Called it!

There is no real baby. 

Or

John is not the father. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 13, 2016 7:45 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 13, 2016 9:27 am  #122

SusiGo wrote:

There is no real baby. 

Or

John is not the father. 

I just saw this on tumblr as a clue that John can't father a child...

It says "'Combat made me sterile' claims army major"

Apparently it is a thing
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/epidemiology/studies/new-generation/infertility.asp

Last edited by ukaunz (December 13, 2016 9:33 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2016 10:07 am  #123

The statistics are kind of odd - 14ish% (combining male and female) of  veterans report infertility, compared to 8 - 20 % of the general population?   Sounds about average.  Not saying it isn't a thing, of course.  It might affect people differently.

Anyway, I have loads of ideas, absolutely loads!  But still nothing that I'm 100% certain about, even after the trailers.  But I'll see if I can commit to something before January 1st!  I do think the baby probably is John's.

December 13, 2016 11:08 am  #124

Are you trying to tell me that John "3 Continents" Watson is shooting blanks! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 13, 2016 11:18 am  #125

tonnaree wrote:

Are you trying to tell me that John "3 Continents" Watson is shooting blanks! 

LOL!
Best comment ever!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 15, 2016 7:52 pm  #126

Mycroft will die, or at least Sherlock will think that Mycroft dies.

It would be the "perfect" emotional pay-off from their bet in TAB and Mycroft asking John to care for Sherlock.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 17, 2016 12:18 am  #127

One of the Six Thatchers will have "treasure" hidden inside that relates to AGRA. A bit of a vague prediction, but I just have a feeling since rewatching the Grenada episode The Six Napoleons. There was a black pearl hidden inside one the busts... and pearls feature in The Sign of Four/Mary's story.

Last edited by ukaunz (December 17, 2016 12:25 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 2016 2:20 am  #128

It'll be interesting to find out if that's true.

This is what the PBS site says:
Sherlock returns for its fourth season on January 1, 2017 at 9/8c on MASTERPIECE on PBS.In "The Six Thatchers," Sherlock waits to see where Moriarty will make his posthumous move. One mysterious case in particular baffles Scotland Yard, but Sherlock is more interested in a seemingly trivial detail. Why is someone destroying images of the late Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher? Is there a madman on the loose? Or is there a much darker purpose at work? Something with its roots deep in Mary Watson's past…Benedict Cumberbatch returns as Sherlock Holmes, with Martin Freeman as John Watson, Mark Gatiss as Mycroft Holmes, Rupert Graves as Inspector Lestrade, Una Stubbs as Mrs Hudson, Amanda Abbington as Mary Watson and Louise Brealey as Molly Hooper. (episode length approximate)

Last edited by kgreen20 (December 17, 2016 2:22 am)

December 18, 2016 3:13 am  #129

Okay, I'll play!
I'm calling it now: There will be a plot twist revolving around Lestrade.

Why?

Reason #1:  Because I believe there's a reason why Sherlock cannot remember Lestrade's first name. Yes, the first time in THoB, it was funny but to have it happen repeatedly... something's up.
Think about it... 
Sherlock remembers Anderson's first name: Phillip.
He also remembers Molly's fiance's first name: Tom. 

There are two things that can cause name amnesia: 
1) Trauma (something associated with the name becomes a mental block)
2) Name amnesia hypnosis. (Derren Brown explains it in his book 'Tricks of the Mind 'that you can make someone forget a name (even your own) by simple hypnotic suggestion. (As an aside, Derren Brown explains how he made two of his friends believe they had seen an elephant in a room in college. ;) )

Anyway, the fact that Greg never gets mad when Sherlock forgets his name tells me it's probably #2.
Why would Sherlock be triggered to forget Lestrade's first name? I don't know.

Reason #2: The Lying Detective could be about Lestrade. 

Reason #3: Holmes has a fallout with Scotland Yard in ACD canon. Actually, I think the last time Holmes talks to Lestrade is in The Six Napoleons. 

Anyway, we'll see! :D

Edited to correct a speeling mistake. *blushes*

Last edited by OpalJade (December 18, 2016 5:13 pm)

December 18, 2016 8:42 am  #130

I was just finally about to post my predictions, when I thought I'd better check the original post, and realised that this was only valid up to setlock!  As I was in the setlock spoiler thread, it's unfair of me to post.   And I suppose we have had quite a few official spoilers now too.   I'm still going to keep my predictions in the back of my mind.  Only two to four weeks before we find out!

I'll be honest, I started watching after S3 aired, but I would not, in any way, have been able to predict S3 after S2!  I would not have seen those twists coming!  So I suspect I might be just as off the mark about S4.

Last edited by Liberty (December 18, 2016 8:54 am)

December 18, 2016 9:35 pm  #131

You can still post if you want, others do so too. But if something is really strongly connected to setlock, maybe put it in spoiler tacks(especially if you want to offer explanations for your predictions), so the people who want to avoid them can do so 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

December 20, 2016 5:05 am  #132

My "called it" will be that TST will be John's nightmare-- literally. They've laid seeds throughout s3 for John being jealous of Mary's apparent closeness to Sherlock, as well as the new clip seeming to be a nightmare scenario of neither of them thinking John is any good or worth bringing along to a case, and being saddled (literally) with the baby.

At the end of the episode, the nightmare ends (John wakes up). Then we see that Sherlock is still in his coma from being shot. He wakes up at the beginning of TLD.

Last edited by GimmeCat (December 20, 2016 5:05 am)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

December 27, 2016 6:52 pm  #133

I suspect that the year 1985 (or 1986) will play a role.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

December 27, 2016 6:55 pm  #134

Rache wrote:

Why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2016 7:17 pm  #135

Schmiezi wrote:

Rache wrote:

Why?

Just a feeling. We already had short mentions of events in these years. And as it is very likely that we will learn about things in either Sherlock's, John's, Mary's, Mycroft's or somebody else's past, it could have been in that year.
And it is sort of a reversed number of the original 1890s years.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

December 27, 2016 8:01 pm  #136

Sounds interesting. When did Carl Powers die?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2016 8:39 pm  #137

Nobody dies this season. Just because there are better (and less over-used in this show) ways to create drama.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 31, 2016 11:13 am  #138

221b is destroyed by the end of the season ("the end of an era"), Sherlock and John move to a cottage in Sussex to continue as innbeekeepers. Sherlock writes a white paper on apiculture and new environmental challenges, thus revolutionizing the field.

Moftiss admit in a widely broadcasted interview that getting the world's attention to the environmental issues was their endgame from the start and present us with an ultimatum: stop killing bees and polluting the air, else there will be no S5. Sue simultaneously leaks a storyboard of John licking honey off  somebody's long neck. China's manufacturing industry screeches to a halt.

...Here's to the better new year than the old one.

-----

December 31, 2016 12:35 pm  #139

I think you've nailed it, Ewige!  No need to watch it now!

December 31, 2016 12:44 pm  #140

Liberty wrote:

I think you've nailed it, Ewige!  No need to watch it now!

I think I've developed an allergic reaction to shock blankets

-----

Board footera