BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2012 7:51 am  #41

Re: What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

I've never played golf but I gotta admit - I don't see the attraction!!

I didn't see it either until I tried. I thought it had to be plainly boring, but believe me, it's become a drug to me 

Love golf..a game for a lifetime...but frustrating

Yes, it can be a bit frustrating sometimes, but the first time you manage to make a birdie, or the first time you make a good shot with a driver... I wouldn't change it for anything

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 17, 2012 1:57 pm  #42

I'm a fiction writer, so I make sandwiches for a living to pay the bills.  I'm a little bit published, but nothing that makes real money.  I fangirl lots of stuff, though not as manically as I did when I was a teenager.  Sherlock has re-birthed my desire to write fanfic, which is both good and bad.  (I recently sold a novella with characters based on Sherlock and John)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/597554/CreamLemon

July 17, 2012 7:34 pm  #43

When I'm NOT doing Sherlock? Hahahahaha.

No. Seriously, though. Mainly school. And if not school then I do stuff with friends or spend way too much time in front of my computer. Yeah.
Some of you seem to have really cool professions! And so much creative folk among us.
I hope I'll get some really cool job when I finish school (and uni), too :D

July 19, 2012 8:05 pm  #44

I have so little time these days for anything except Sherlock, it's pretty crazy. Although I did make time for Doctor Who last night, ha, does that count?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 20, 2012 1:00 am  #45

Sure!
"What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?"  -  "Um, Doctor who?"
hehe ;D

July 31, 2012 11:37 am  #46

Sammy wrote:

Sure!
"What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?"  -  "Um, Doctor who?"
hehe ;D

Ahahahaha I was just about to say that!! X3 I'm so desperate for series 7 it's killing meee >.<

I have a huge passion for art and I like to try and draw/paint whenever I can, provided that I have completed my schoolwork. I also happen to watch a huge amount of horror/thriller movies; I adore the genres, but only when they are
a) tasteful
b) have a decent plot; not just a marketing ploy filled with mindless slaughter and gore and
c) have incredible suspense and tension. I mostly find foreign horror films to be the best (i.e. the original The Grudge and Ring, The Orphanage) as most of American horror disappoints me profusely with their generic plots and empty characters. My brother got me for my birthday last year a 2 terabyte hard drive and so far little over 10% is filled with mostly horror films, so I'm trying to make it my goal to really fill it up!
The latest horror film I've seen is The Woman in Black. I really liked the concept of the ghost haunting a small Victorian town, and yes, the jump scares terrified me, but I just wish there was more nail-biting tension throughout the plot, not just right near the end; I find that the scariest films build up slowly during the entire feature, escalating to a frightening conclusion that makes you ponder about it for weeks, not just making you on the edge of your seat trying to predict the next jump scare.

tl;dr: I freaking love my horror movies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 7, 2012 5:26 pm  #47

Oh my God your signature is amazingly funny.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 7, 2012 5:38 pm  #48

At the moment I go hiking in the mountains when I'm not doing Sherlock. Today it really got a bit dangerous, a sort of abyss before me and a steep and stony slope behind me. I fear I won't be able to use my legs tomorrow.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2012 10:42 pm  #49

when I'm not doing Sherlock, I go shopping for doctor who stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 10, 2012 10:49 pm  #50

What do you do when you're not doing Sherlock?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 11, 2012 3:25 am  #51

Oh, really, Mattlocked??

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 2:23 pm  #52

When I'm not doing Sherlock I read books Or watch TV, or do some sports.
And I drink tea ^^

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

September 2, 2012 11:51 am  #53

In my real life I work in healthcare and go to school (though not at this particular moment) in order to get even further in the field. I eat, sleep, and breathe hospital. Oh hey...like Molly Hooper!

Since I'm not in school at the moment, I do actually have time to actually enjoy other things. I'm kind of an introvert and do prefer curling up with a cup of tea and my Nook or a good show to going out. Other than that, I'm pretty varied. I can be found in the library, at a baseball game, baking pies after going to a local orchard, or volunteering for animal rights. There's too much life out there to narrow it down to just a few things.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 2, 2012 7:18 pm  #54

I watch dr who  or read books  or bake cookies.   right now I'm watching dr who  and doing laundry.   byeeeeeeeee!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 2, 2012 7:48 pm  #55

I'm watching a talkshow about internet addiction.
No idea what they mean.

September 2, 2012 7:55 pm  #56

Mattlocked wrote:

I'm watching a talkshow about internet addiction.
No idea what they mean.

LOL

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 8:13 pm  #57

W-lan was just down for some minutes. I nearly went mad... 
But in tv they just said boys are mostly endangered. Probably right. 

September 5, 2012 10:53 am  #58

Mattlocked wrote:

W-lan was just down for some minutes. I nearly went mad... 
But in tv they just said boys are mostly endangered. Probably right. 

I don't know...I could definitely qualify.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 6, 2012 3:53 am  #59

It used to be a multitude of things. Now, it's just homework.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

September 7, 2012 12:55 am  #60

Homework...don't remind me...

Well, apart from Sherlock and school/homework stuff, I do a lot of music--mainly oboe, piano and voice. I'd like to say that I write, too, but I really don't have the time right now. Maybe I'll write a fanfic sometime soon...but that's Sherlock-related again, isn't it? 

Board footera