BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2016 4:32 pm  #1981

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Only John and Sherlock photos left to be released! 

http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/sherlock/gallery5/gallery1/gallery.htm

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 29, 2016 6:23 pm  #1982

I'm happy he has his umbrella! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2016 6:33 pm  #1983

ewige wrote:

Not our eyebrows? lol

I thought the big tam-tam around the Piccadilly Circus was a huge let-down for the fans that actually appeared there. It seems they were sort of misused for the ad campaign. I get it that the screen time must be very expensive but why not show something new (while not necessarily more meaningful) in those three seconds? Wouldn't cost more but would make people very happy.

I think it would have been more fun if they'd used what looked like an ordinary ad (rather than a Sherlock one) to be interrupted by Moriarty, and had an actor or two in character in the audience, unannounced.  Imagine (for instance) Sally Donovan watching and getting on her radio.  Or Mike Stamford.  They would probably be cheap compared to Piccadilly Circus!

December 29, 2016 8:43 pm  #1984

Liberty wrote:

Imagine (for instance) Sally Donovan watching and getting on her radio.  Or Mike Stamford.  They would probably be cheap compared to Piccadilly Circus!

Such an awesome idea!

And oooh, that coat has a wicked red lining!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 29, 2016 10:00 pm  #1985

ewige wrote:

Liberty wrote:

Imagine (for instance) Sally Donovan watching and getting on her radio.  Or Mike Stamford.  They would probably be cheap compared to Piccadilly Circus!

Such an awesome idea!

And oooh, that coat has a wicked red lining!

I noticed, too. Like blood.

:D

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 29, 2016 10:06 pm  #1986

He looks like a vampire in the coat with the red lining.

-----

December 29, 2016 10:14 pm  #1987

Maybe he's (partially) cosplaying as the Twelfth Doctor!

December 29, 2016 10:20 pm  #1988

Totally! Wow!
Is the 12th Doctor due to die this season? *fretting here*

-----

December 29, 2016 11:59 pm  #1989

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not, it might. Every time I see an official BBC promo, setlock, clips, etc. with Sherlock texting on his phone, I can't help but dwell on that every single time. The telegram about Rosie Watson's birth said something about Sherlock texting all the time. And in short clips recently, like the clips involving Rosie's christening, Sherlock is texting and not looking around at all? Curious as to other people's ideas, theories, and comments on this (:

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 30, 2016 12:02 am  #1990

i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE wrote:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not, it might. Every time I see an official BBC promo, setlock, clips, etc. with Sherlock texting on his phone, I can't help but dwell on that every single time. The telegram about Rosie Watson's birth said something about Sherlock texting all the time. And in short clips recently, like the clips involving Rosie's christening, Sherlock is texting and not looking around at all? Curious as to other people's ideas, theories, and comments on this (:

Well, as much as I don't want it all to be MP, I think it is not real and the texting is Sherlock's connection to the real world and the actual case he's working on at the moment.
I mean, whom is he supposed to be texting? John, Molly, Lestrade are there during the christening. Mycroft wouldn't be deigned with so much attention.
So I think he's texting John - the real one.

Last edited by ewige (December 30, 2016 12:04 am)

-----

December 30, 2016 7:20 am  #1991

Somebody mentioned that Sherlock was tweeting now - I can't remember where that came from.  Oh, wouldn't it be fun if his account was live tweeting as the show was aired?

December 30, 2016 9:33 am  #1992

I have been thinking about the phone thing too.

Personally (and I do try not to, I know how annoying and impolite it is) but when I'm around my family or having anxiety or my pains are bad I use my phone as distraction...

But maybe sherlock is just too busy with his case... who knows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 30, 2016 10:39 am  #1993

Yeah, didn't they mention that he solved cases through Twitter, something that annoyed Mycroft? 

I think he uses it as a distraction from all the Watson bliss and the fact that John doesn't live in 221B anymore.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 30, 2016 10:43 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2016 12:48 pm  #1994

Only 2 days now!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2016 12:52 pm  #1995

Deaded. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2016 1:01 pm  #1996

Trolls...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2016 1:06 pm  #1997

I love this moment. Mark should have a look at his own script. But, yes, I would very much like to see them taking off their clothes in a dark room. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2016 1:52 pm  #1998

His lips in those gifs... I... I literally can't... *thud*

And those answers were quite interesting! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 30, 2016 3:02 pm  #1999

Well, he was more or less right, wasn't he? Wasn't the line "taking my clothes off in a darkened swimming pool"?

And only two days to go, yikes! I've stocked up on champagne, beer and chocolate - I'm ready!

Last edited by Vhanja (December 30, 2016 3:16 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2016 3:08 pm  #2000

Next one is up...(wow, he is gorgeous!)

Edit, also there is this (warning, the link gives a small spoiler!):

http://sherlocksbestfriend-john.tumblr.com/post/155162351701/watsonyourchristmastree

If that is true, then... well, I think I need to stock up on shock blankets and more whisky as well.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 30, 2016 3:13 pm)

Team Hudders!

Board footera