BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2016 9:04 pm  #181

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

Tried to post the next fic today. Had some issues with formating and ran out of time to solve it.
  :-/

Will be on the road tomorrow but will try again tomorrow night.

Sorry. :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 25, 2016 10:10 pm  #182

Take your time. You have done a lot to make this possible. 😊

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2016 8:08 am  #183

The Wealthy Bachelor
Hello Mystery author. What an intriguing case you've given us. And what an awful dilemma you concocted for John. He did choose the only viable option though. I really loved your description of Sherlock's violin playing. That really is the way it should be.
All in all a lovely fic.

Last edited by dioscureantwins (December 27, 2016 7:45 am)

December 26, 2016 8:10 am  #184

Thank you so much for organising this Schmiezi. Apologies for causing you so much trouble.

December 26, 2016 12:48 pm  #185

Thank you for all your good work, Schmiezi! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 27, 2016 7:45 am  #186

Perfect.

Wow,mystery author, what a perfect fic you've written. A gripping tale with many twists and turns, both in the plot and on an emotional level. Poor John, such a victim of base feelings and desires, so thoroughly human and feeble, dancing like a moth around the flame. But why does the flame burn so brightly if not to attract and dazzle those humble creatures. Without them the light'd bright flickerings would remain unnoticed in the darkness surrounding us all. Your Sherlock is austere and beautiful and in the end, just as human and John beneath those statuesque layers protecting the soft inner core. 

A beautiful story. Thank you very much for writing this.

December 27, 2016 10:05 am  #187

I hate to say it but I think I need yet another volunteer to write a fic that is still missing ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 27, 2016 10:19 am  #188

About the authors:
(will be updated ASAP)

Through a Glass, Darkly – for Schmiezi by

SusiGo

Of Decisions and Dogs – for NotYourHousekeeperDear by

Vhanja

The Wealthy Bachelor - for SherlockHolmes by

Yitzock

Perfect – for Mrshouse by

Nakahara

The Holiday – for dioscureantwins by

SherlockHolmes

Blackbeard Or how Sherlock stole Christmas – for Vhanja by

Mrshouse

La Vita Nuova - A New Life – for SusiGo by

Schmiezi

Heroes for Another Day – for Yitzock by

dioscureantwins

Who is Scarlett – for SilverMoonDragonB by

Gently69

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 27, 2016 10:19 am)

December 27, 2016 10:22 am  #189

Oh, Schmiezi, thank you again so much for giving me this wonderful fic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 27, 2016 10:41 am  #190

Thank you again, Susi!

You are all free to post your fics on other portals now, btw.

December 27, 2016 12:31 pm  #191

Dear nakahara, thank you so much for my wonderful fic. I love it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 27, 2016 5:25 pm  #192

Heroes for Another day

Oh, what an interesting and thrilling tale this fic turned to be! I loved how it opened in the middle of a tense situation and then raised its angst levels to a new base with Sherlock´s abduction. Great story structure there!

Sherlock´s part of a tale was very gripping and the description of his makeshift underground prison had a claustrophobic, suffocating, really scary atmosphere to it. Sherlock´s fight for his freedom and his eventual breakdown had me at the edge of my seat. It was wonderful that Sherlock didn´t just gave up, that he used every trick to save himself, but his bout of weakness when he believed he is lost forever was moving too and humanised Sherlock perfectly.

John´s part of the story, on the other hand, showed us a very competent and level-headed John which was a magnificent portrayal of him. The humorous pieces injected here, for example John´s meeting with Hilda/Tilly, were hilarious, as was the description of Sherlock´s botched up experiment with human liver.

A superb fic combining thrill and laughter in equal measure. Very nice reading!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 27, 2016 5:26 pm  #193

Who is Scarlett?

This short but sweet work is the proof that for the fic to be effective, it must not neccessarily be long.

It was a nice caress for the heart to read how Sherlock made an effort to clear a misunderstanding between him and John and how he proved himself to be worthy of his love. I loved also the role of Mrs. Hudson here – she proved to be a wise mentor for Sherlock, indeed. And the mention of Scarlett was mysterious and calls for a sequel, I think.

Kudos for the super quick writing skills too! 

December 27, 2016 5:27 pm  #194

mrshouse wrote:

Dear nakahara, thank you so much for my wonderful fic. I love it.

Thank you, mrshouse, it was a pleasure to write a story for such an enthousiastic recipient! 

December 27, 2016 8:58 pm  #195

Blackbeard or how Sherlock stole Christmas.

What a truly lovely and Christmassy Christmas fic with just the right amount of sadness and heartbreak and the perfect dosage to heal those broken hearts. Lovely from first to last.

December 27, 2016 9:00 pm  #196

Hello SherlockHolmes,

thank you ever so much for my wonderful Santa gift. It truly made my day.

Thank you,

DT

December 27, 2016 9:23 pm  #197

Heroes for Another Day

Since the authors have been revealed, I will write this comment directly to my dear author straight away.  Thank you so very much for this story, dioscureantwins! I really like what you did with my prompt of "We can be heroes just for one day."  I realize it was not the most specifics of prompts, but I have been looking forward to where you would take it. How you even worked in the bit about things in the past with Lestrade worked out well.

I really enjoyed reading this story. seeing how John saved Sherlock, and the ending, showing how Sherlock's kidnappers were both clever and sloppy, was well written.

The way the group went down in the sewers with John leading them was something I could not have predicted, but was an element I liked.  I could really see John's military background coming through as he went on the mission to find his friend.

I also enjoyed a lot of the little things you put in, like the wellies fitting John perfectly (with him commenting, of course they do because this is Mycroft we're talking about), the comment about "round and round" like a teddy bear, the cleaning lady reminding John of a Coronation Street character.  I really loved your reference to Moffat and Gatiss. I giggled.  Just the ending in general really helped make the story (though of course it was not only the ending that I liked).  All those things, and other little moments, were great.

Thank you, again, for this story! It was worth waiting until the end of exchange to read. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 27, 2016 9:24 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 27, 2016 10:49 pm  #198

Who is Scarlett?

What a lovely story and what a feat to write something like this at such short notice. Bravo!

December 28, 2016 7:54 am  #199

La Vita Nuova

I can totally see how this fic would delight any Johnlock lover. Extremely well done.

December 28, 2016 8:10 am  #200

nakahara wrote:

Who is Scarlett?

This short but sweet work is the proof that for the fic to be effective, it must not neccessarily be long.

It was a nice caress for the heart to read how Sherlock made an effort to clear a misunderstanding between him and John and how he proved himself to be worthy of his love. I loved also the role of Mrs. Hudson here – she proved to be a wise mentor for Sherlock, indeed. And the mention of Scarlett was mysterious and calls for a sequel, I think.

Kudos for the super quick writing skills too! 

Oh, thank you, nakahara.  You make be blush.
With a bit more time Mrs Hudson would had had a bigger appearance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera