BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2016 8:09 pm  #1841

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

ewige wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Although it does raise an interesting question. 
Do we think they really cast an actor to play an actual character named "Sherringford?"
Or do we think the name will have some other significance? 

I hope they won't bring yet another new face into the show, DI Hopkins is already plenty to get used to.
I like to think that Sherrinford is connected to the core of Sherlock's character like Redbeard and is more of a symbol that a face.

I remember we talked about this when the name was revealed ... Sherrinford was ACD's original name for Sherlock, I believe and Baring-Gould used it for the name of Sherlock's elder brother.   He was given Mrs Holmes' maiden name as a first name.   So if Sherrinford is indeed a person, they could be Sherlock's brother, Sherlock's mother or Sherlock himself.   So not necessarily a new actor at all.

I like the idea of Sherrinford as a symbol too.

December 23, 2016 8:10 pm  #1842

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

He's gorgeous in the gif; so obvious that it's Ben there!

And so cool that it's the origin of that shadow picture!!

It's amazing isn't it how his look as Ben is completely different to Sherlock, you can instantly tell when he's not in character.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 23, 2016 8:36 pm  #1843

He is very, very beautiful in that moment. And the sweet smile. I will have to lie down for a minute. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2016 10:22 pm  #1844

Let me join you, Susi. How gorgeous can he be...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 24, 2016 11:46 am  #1845

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 24, 2016 11:54 am  #1846

Happy Christmas, everyone!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 24, 2016 2:54 pm  #1847

Merry Christmas. 
Beautiful pics. Thankyou for posting them. Sherlocks shadow on the floor framed in the church window is very cool.
Reassured some about the darkness in TST after reading Nick Dr Semlyen round up his review in the Radio Times - with an ending that may give us sleuth-ache. So    a happy ending in The six Thatchers at least.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (December 24, 2016 2:55 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

December 25, 2016 1:51 pm  #1848

New promo pic

December 25, 2016 2:42 pm  #1849

Dark, but beautiful - they are finally together, looking in the same direction, towards the common goal.... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 25, 2016 4:03 pm  #1850

nakahara wrote:

Dark, but beautiful - they are finally together, looking in the same direction, towards the common goal.... 

I wonder whether it's meant as a cheerful present for the angst-ridden fandom

-----

December 25, 2016 4:18 pm  #1851

Sherlock looks vulnerable, to me, in that new Promo pic! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 25, 2016 6:13 pm  #1852

Sherlock does look a little apprehensive but I like that they're both in their jackets.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 25, 2016 7:18 pm  #1853

Lovely to see Sherlock and John back to wearing their good old reliable coats, especially with all this new stuff we've had thrown at us lately!

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 25, 2016 7:36 pm  #1854

A question for people who follow the soundtrack thread: can you really deduce what's going to happen from the titles? I'm not asking for examples of course, just a non-spoilery yes or no answer

-----

December 25, 2016 8:06 pm  #1855

ewige wrote:

A question for people who follow the soundtrack thread: can you really deduce what's going to happen from the titles? I'm not asking for examples of course, just a non-spoilery yes or no answer

Well, this is the spoiler thread. I think everybody is free to fire right away. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 26, 2016 12:45 am  #1856

ewige wrote:

Personally, I've never been able to deduce from the soundtrack titles. I really don't think anyone is able to, either. Of course, there's maybe that one song, but that's really it. Afterwards, though, it's like "oh yeah, I see it now, it's so obvious."

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 26, 2016 8:26 am  #1857

Is it the crumbling wall of 221B behind her?
Looks like an angel's wing too, tho!

-----

December 26, 2016 8:45 am  #1858

ewige wrote:

I'm happily deducing away over there, but I would guess that I'm likely to be wrong!  I had a look at the S3 soundtrack and there's no way I would have got anything significant from that if I hadn't already seen it.   It might even have been misleading - for instance, I'd have guessed that Major Sholto was a Mary connection rather than a John connection (because of the ACD story). 

I like Molly's shirt in that photo, with the little boats.  There seems to be a lot going on with water and boats in this series.  But the burnt out 221B is more disturbing!  Is that the thing that's going to be difficult to come back from?

Last edited by Liberty (December 26, 2016 8:49 am)

December 26, 2016 8:54 am  #1859

Liberty wrote:

ewige wrote:

I'm happily deducing away over there, but I would guess that I'm likely to be wrong!  I had a look at the S3 soundtrack and there's no way I would have got anything significant from that if I hadn't already seen it.   It might even have been misleading - for instance, I'd have guessed that Major Sholto was a Mary connection rather than a John connection (because of the ACD story). 

I like Molly's shirt in that photo, with the little boats.  There seems to be a lot going on with water and boats in this series.  But the burnt out 221B is more disturbing!  Is that the thing that's going to be difficult to come back from?

Oh no!
221B is like a major character!

Good catch on the little boats - I noticed how pretty her shirt was, but missed the message in the process

I tried to deduce something from S2 soundtrack after the fact and couldn't either. However I'm pleased that I never made the "Sherlocked" connection before the resolution in ASIB despite having seen the word on t-shirts, memes, events and conventions :o

-----

December 26, 2016 12:42 pm  #1860

ewige wrote:

Is it the crumbling wall of 221B behind her?
Looks like an angel's wing too, tho!

Molly looks gorgeous, but that´s very disturbing photo, indeed! 

Board footera