BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2016 11:05 pm  #21

Re: Any special preparations?

Great stuff and ideas! I will watch it alone (no hardcore Sherlock friend like me around here ) But that's not bad, I usually get the most emotional and sucked into films, that I watch alone. Good idea of not eating crisps. They might be too loud, I didn't think of that. :D

Liberty wrote:

Maybe a few boxes of tissues.  And a bucket to cry into. 

Definitely no video.  Nobody wants to see a middleaged woman staring slack-jawed at the screen. Or crying into a bucket.

Oh, I didn't mean necessarily to put it online. Maybe just for yourself (or family and friends). I imagine it can be fun and very intersting if you watch it months/years later.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 14, 2016 3:28 pm  #22

Hey, everyone - remember to go to the bathroom just before, too.  Can't have any interruptions for an urgent potty break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 14, 2016 3:52 pm  #23

KeepersPrice wrote:

Hey, everyone - remember to go to the bathroom just before, too.  Can't have any interruptions for an urgent potty break.

You are absolutely right!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 14, 2016 4:00 pm  #24

Drugs.
Lots and lots of drugs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 14, 2016 4:46 pm  #25

i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE wrote:

Sadly, I literally just found out I won't be able to watch T6T along with everyone else on Sherlock's EveI'll be traveling and will have no internet during that whole day and night. Any suggestions on what I should do? Can't order CD, and I'm american

Same here for episode 2, I will be at a David Bowie tribute show when TLD airs (January 8 would have been David's 70th birthday), but I hope to catch up either on BBC iPlayer when I return to my hotel room at night or download it from iTunes when I am back home the other day. After all I need to know what happens in TLD before I'm going to the preview of the final episode at the BFI. Must remember to bring a big box of tissues to the screening.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 14, 2016 5:07 pm  #26

I've ordered today the "I ship it harder than Mrs Hudson" tee. Just to be properly clothed for the occasion.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 14, 2016 5:27 pm  #27

I might also wear my 'Get Sherlock' T-shirt... or my Doctor Who cross over shirt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2016 6:19 pm  #28

diva wrote:

i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE wrote:

Sadly, I literally just found out I won't be able to watch T6T along with everyone else on Sherlock's EveI'll be traveling and will have no internet during that whole day and night. Any suggestions on what I should do? Can't order CD, and I'm american

Same here for episode 2, I will be at a David Bowie tribute show when TLD airs (January 8 would have been David's 70th birthday), but I hope to catch up either on BBC iPlayer when I return to my hotel room at night or download it from iTunes when I am back home the other day. After all I need to know what happens in TLD before I'm going to the preview of the final episode at the BFI. Must remember to bring a big box of tissues to the screening.

Don't be sad, same here as well. ;)
I probably will only be able to watch episode 1 six days later on Saturday. I am traveling and in >95% when I was traveling the internet was quite slow for a normal website like this forum....
PLEAAASE, someone tell me that the BBC iplayer will have each Sherlock episode online for at least a week!!! Does anyone remember howit was for TAB or the other series?

Last edited by Rache (December 14, 2016 6:21 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 14, 2016 6:39 pm  #29

I'm going to watch in my knickers.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 14, 2016 6:44 pm  #30

No real plans for me, just to get cozy in the TV room with my parents(I will be at home for the first two episodes). I got uncontrollable excitement at the beginning of The Empty Hearse. My legs were shaking for the first few minutes, I couldn't stop them. I don't mind excitement, but hopefully it will manifest in a less uncomfortable way this time.

And tonnaree, I am not surprised at all about how you will be watching!

Last edited by Yitzock (December 14, 2016 6:45 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 14, 2016 8:06 pm  #31

So, will you be posting a reaction video, Tonnaree?

Maybe we should all watch it in our knickers, for solidarity.   Or without our knickers, even.

December 14, 2016 8:13 pm  #32

That'd be awkward considering I'm watching with my best friend and another girl... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2016 8:32 pm  #33

Liberty wrote:

So, will you be posting a reaction video, Tonnaree?

Maybe we should all watch it in our knickers, for solidarity.   Or without our knickers, even.

Trust me love, there are things you don't need to see.......................

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 21, 2016 12:38 pm  #34

I found a bottle in my cupboard and had a great idea. I need one more and a couple of Jelly Beans. I'll push one bottle towards my friend and go "Did I just give you the good bottle or the bad bottle?"... if I was extra mean I could get the Harry Potter ones...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 12:42 pm  #35

Good one, Phantom!

From the latest videos and news, it seems I'm gonna need more than a "wee bottle of cava." Box of wine has been bought...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 21, 2016 1:53 pm  #36

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I found a bottle in my cupboard and had a great idea. I need one more and a couple of Jelly Beans. I'll push one bottle towards my friend and go "Did I just give you the good bottle or the bad bottle?"... if I was extra mean I could get the Harry Potter ones...

I LOVE your little elephant plate!!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 21, 2016 2:09 pm  #37

It's my favourite plate! My friend got it for me some years back... and yeah, I always think of Sherlock when I look at it for some reason... *whistles* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 4:06 pm  #38

Oh, there's an Elephant in the room!

December 21, 2016 7:19 pm  #39

Vhanja wrote:

Good one, Phantom!

From the latest videos and news, it seems I'm gonna need more than a "wee bottle of cava." Box of wine has been bought...

Ha ha!  Is that a box of wine for the series or one for each episode? 

I'm not much of a drinker, but I might have to indulge a little myself. 

December 21, 2016 7:24 pm  #40

It's actually a box for the holidays, but we'll see... ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera