BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2016 5:54 am  #1781

Re: Post Your Absence

Welcome back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2016 4:38 pm  #1782

Welcome back, ukaunz. How was your time away?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 28, 2016 6:46 pm  #1783

Good to have you back! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2016 12:26 pm  #1784

Thank you all

It was an adventure... an exhausting adventure. Couldn't really call it a "holiday" because travelling in India with kids is hard work! But it was a worthwhile experience. My husband is already planning another trip to south India in two years time.

On this trip we went to Kolkata, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Orchha, Gwalior, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Jaipur, Delhi, Shimla, and Chandigarh. And a couple of days in Hong Kong on the way home. If anyone's interested, I could link my (unfinished) blog, there are some photos and a few posts from the start of the trip when I wasn't so worn out

Last edited by ukaunz (October 29, 2016 12:29 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 20, 2016 6:08 pm  #1785

I'M BACK!

Did anyone notice I was gone?  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 20, 2016 6:24 pm  #1786

Of course. There was a sad lack of glitter and naked running. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 20, 2016 6:26 pm  #1787

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 20, 2016 7:04 pm  #1788

Welcome back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 21, 2016 4:13 am  #1789

Welcome back dear! :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 21, 2016 4:48 am  #1790

I'm off the NZ for a family Christmas holiday, won't be back until mid January. I think I'm going to stay away from the internet for a while to avoid Sherlock spoilers, and allow myself to form my own reactions to and opinions of the new episodes before I come back and join in the discussions. I look forward to joining you all then!

Have a great Christmas/Festivus and New Year, everyone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 21, 2016 8:32 am  #1791

Wonderful Christmas to you too, ukaunz!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 21, 2016 8:43 am  #1792

Have a good Christmas time, ukaunz! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 9:36 am  #1793

Have a great Christmas and Happy Sherlock New Year ukaunz!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 22, 2016 9:07 pm  #1794

I'm not sure how much I'll be around the next couple of days... you know... Christmas and all.

I'll be staying with my mum until the 27th... but I might need to 'run' here a few times.

I hope you all have a merry Christmas or what else you celebrate!

Also, I've got the Benedict advent calendar sorted  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 22, 2016 10:19 pm  #1795

Hope you have a great Christmas Phantom!

And thanks for the Benedict calandar, it really does make me smile each day!

December 30, 2016 6:23 pm  #1796

I'll be away again, from tomorrow morning to sometime on the 2nd.

Not to worry, I'll be watching TST at my best friend's place! 

See you on the other side of Sherlock Eve! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 30, 2016 6:33 pm  #1797

Have a great New Years' and enjoy Sherlock!!

January 8, 2017 5:50 pm  #1798

This isn't much of an absence but today I'm getting ready to return to my university for the next semester and I'm watching the Golden Globes with my family tonight so no Sherlock-watching.  I'm leaving tomorrow for school, so I won't be able to watch The Lying Detective until tomorrow night after I get there, so I probably won't be on until then.  I look forward to discussing it then.

Clueing for looks.

January 8, 2017 5:52 pm  #1799

Have a good trip.
See you on the other side!

Oh incidentally, one of the Twitter Sherlock fans I met in real life...she posted today that her TV just conked and she has dodgy internet...so can't watch Sherlock!

Last edited by besleybean (January 8, 2017 5:53 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 9:42 pm  #1800

I will be in London from tomorrow to Tuesday. Yes, also to watch TFP on the big screen, yay! I will drop in now and then but not as often as usual. Keep calm (kidding), get your tea and shock blankets ready and have fun. 

Board footera