BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2016 11:42 pm  #101

Re: The Series 4 Johnlock speculation thread (contains spoilers)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 20, 2016 11:43 pm  #102

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 20, 2016 11:48 pm  #103

December 20, 2016 11:56 pm  #104

If anyone needs me I'll just be over here in the corner sobbing gently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 21, 2016 12:17 am  #105

So many theories going around now, don't know what to think!

tonnaree wrote:

If anyone needs me I'll just be over here in the corner sobbing gently.

Can I join you? 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 21, 2016 12:19 am  #106

That looks awesome! And painful! 
But footage from TRF ?

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

December 21, 2016 2:04 am  #107

Looks like he didn't avoid those cheekbones this time....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 21, 2016 5:51 am  #108

Well, good morning to you too, wonderful world.

I think Sherlock is hallucinating. Isn't it Anthea standing behind John typing away at her blackberry?

The bullet slowly reaching Sherlock is somehow scarier for me.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 21, 2016 6:06 am  #109

Well, there is a moment where we can see Sherlock's typical 'Mind Palace-gesture'...

...so I guess we'll be getting some MP stuff in the episode.
But I actually do hope that most of the really dramatic stuff is real, including John hitting Sherlock. Not that I'm keen on violence, but if this turns out to be real then something quite amazing/disturbing must be going on between the two. And that's something I really wanna see, one way or another.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 21, 2016 6:43 am  #110

I'm all for angst and drama but that punch part seems to be from TLD and I'm prepaired for a lot of MP/hallucinations there. Love Sherlock clinging onto that fence for dear life too!

Dunno. While it may be John whose dark secret is revealed in the first ep, John hitting Sherlock is somehow not as scary in my opinion because, well, the show is about them being the best mates. So whatever angst is there, it will all come to pass.

However, gloved hands (Mary as a nurse?) suffocating Sherlock is very, very scary imo.

-----

December 21, 2016 7:00 am  #111

ewige wrote:

Dunno. While it may be John whose dark secret is revealed in the first ep, John hitting Sherlock is somehow not as scary in my opinion because, well, the show is about them being the best mates. So whatever angst is there, it will all come to pass.

Of course it will. But there have to be obstacles along the way (as we've already seen in S3).
And I wasn't talking about 'scary' anyway... to tell the truth, 'scary' is a word I'm not using when I'm talking about tv shows. Doesn't mean I don't care, it's just that I'm more for being excited than scared.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 21, 2016 7:10 am  #112

But that little choking sound Sherlock makes...

There seems to be a niche behind the portrait in Mycroft's office... or is it a connection to a testing facility/morgue in Sherlock's mind?

Last edited by ewige (December 21, 2016 7:11 am)

-----

December 21, 2016 7:11 am  #113

Well, this is certainly exciting!    And I think does hint that there can be big surprises other than Johnlock (to stay on topic)!  For instance, John punching Sherlock would fit in with him thinking Sherlock is a villain.  Or perhaps John is temporarily a villain? (He's actually my last choice for surprise villain, because I think we need his steadfastness, but I don't want to rule anything out!).   

Breakdown with setlock spoilers here: http://thesetison.tumblr.com/post/154742500336/czech-trailer-setlock-breakdown

December 21, 2016 7:42 am  #114

Thank you for the link!

I've been trying to find out whom the thumb belongs to but couldn't definitely rule out either John or Mycroft or Culverton Smith! All men's thumbs look the same!
However the jacket is probably not Mycroft's or Smith's. Moriarty (or somebody else posing as him) sending the disc to John would make more sense, too. Maybe it contains information on Sherlock that makes John go berserk on him?

-----

December 21, 2016 7:46 am  #115

Oh, wow, I wake up to this! Seems we have to stay vigilante around the clock now! 

This is intense, I am VERY excited to see all of this in context!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2016 3:56 pm  #116

SusiGo wrote:

I did not find a better place for this sad piece of news:

http://isitandwonder.tumblr.com/post/155165969381/with-regards-to-bbc-sherlock-no-longer-being-shown

Do we have anyone from Poland here on the board who can confirm this or tell us their opinion?

I could only find listings for BBC Brit, 11 pm. 

Well, I can report that Russia's First Channel (equivalent of BBC One) will be showing S4 and this very fact leads Russian johnlockers to believe there will be nothing too overtly johnlocky this season since homophobes in the Russian government are, like, really badass homophobes compaired to the Polish ones.

EDIT;
Oops, did you delete your post, Susi?

Last edited by ewige (December 30, 2016 3:57 pm)

-----

December 30, 2016 4:03 pm  #117

Yes, but it does not matter, we can discuss it anyway. I also read from Russian fans that late in the evening they do show all sorts of stuff from Western countries, including LGBT stuff. So opinions seem to differ. Of course there may be financial reasons but I checked and in Poland even on BBC Brit S4 is shown at 11 pm. Which is really very late. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2016 4:10 pm  #118

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, but it does not matter, we can discuss it anyway. I also read from Russian fans that late in the evening they do show all sorts of stuff from Western countries, including LGBT stuff. So opinions seem to differ. Of course there may be financial reasons but I checked and in Poland even on BBC Brit S4 is shown at 11 pm. Which is really very late. 

Hmmpf, S4 is shown in Russia just one minute later than on BBC One so the schedule (Moscow time) is as following:
TST: 23:31
TLD: 00:01
TFP: 00:01

The time difference with Poland is smaller so that makes it 23:00 for Poland, I figure.

It's late, but we really shouldn't read too much into that. They can't show the new season ahead of the UK in other countries, can they?

Last edited by ewige (December 30, 2016 4:11 pm)

-----

December 30, 2016 4:14 pm  #119

True, I did not think of the different time zones. 

From a Polish fan on Tumblr: 

"OH YES, good old motherland 
I was thinking about it as well. In October there was info about Sherlock on TVP2 channel website. Nothing big, just the fact that it exist and they air it. Now it’s gone.
WHERE. DID. IT. GO
and of course I can’t imagine ‘discussing gay stuff’ being shown on public tv now."

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2016 4:36 pm  #120

I don't know, I think governments don't need to resort to such means to stop "gay propaganda". Since people can watch the show elsewhere too, the best way would be to change people's opinion of such things in subtler ways.

Like, by making religion really popular. Among other things, that happened in Russia in the shortest span of time and now my LGBT (!) friends explain me how gay men are phaedophiles and that Europe is swamped with propaganda. And these friends of mine used to be really intelligent people, like teachers and professors, so you'd think they know from history how propaganda works. But I could rant about this for ages.

There is an interesting statistics on Russian fans' opinion of Sherlock's sexuality (the poll was created after the first season aired and is still active), found on the main hub of all things Sherlock in Russia (https://vk.com/serial_sherlock) so we have both casual viewers and die-hard fans there:

https://vk.com/topic-20104194_23205808

It would be interesting to compare these stats to a European country.

Last edited by ewige (December 30, 2016 4:37 pm)

-----

Board footera