BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2016 6:17 pm  #461

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Schmiezi wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

BBC Press Office‏ Sherlock series four media pack. Click through to more links for interviews with cast and writers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/sherlocks4

Just read some of the interviews there. Needless to say I am not happy about how much Martin had to stress how loving the Watson marriage was. Another build-up for the rug-pull? Hopefully so!

Interviewer:  What is John and Mary's relationship like in S4?
Martin:  These are prepared words.  Sue chose them carefully.
*while he blinks out morse code for "please don't let them take me back to the basement"*

Last edited by tonnaree (December 19, 2016 6:18 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 19, 2016 6:30 pm  #462

Ha ha, Tonnaree!  "These are prepared words ..." - I love it!

I think there's two ways it could go.  As people have said, setting up a false front for a rug pull later.

OR, I think the other possibility is that the rug pull is not going to be the expected one.  This it actually the one my money is on at the moment.  I've always had a bit of a problem with the idea that Sherlock and John are plotting against Mary, and have been more and more drawn to the idea that the three of them actually do really like/love each other.   I suspect it might go that way, and perhaps that will mean whatever happens is potentially more devastating. 

December 19, 2016 7:20 pm  #463

Prepared words haha, so true.

I am not sure how the whole Mary storyline is going to play out really. I'm sure we're going to get some more information about Mary's past and just from what they've said about it getting dark pretty quickly it's not all going to be sweetness and light and happy families but I'm trying to think of something that would be truly shocking. 

Liberty wrote:

OR, I think the other possibility is that the rug pull is not going to be the expected one.  This it actually the one my money is on at the moment.  I've always had a bit of a problem with the idea that Sherlock and John are plotting against Mary, and have been more and more drawn to the idea that the three of them actually do really like/love each other.   I suspect it might go that way, and perhaps that will mean whatever happens is potentially more devastating. 

I'm wondering if that's the case too Liberty. I think as they're putting so much emphasis on the fact that Mary and John are completely happy together and that Mary is not going to come between John and Sherlock it's almost too obvious if that turns out not to be the case. Maybe they're actually being honest and they are all on the same side and something devastating comes out of that rather than them being at odds.

Last edited by Lis (December 19, 2016 7:23 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 19, 2016 7:28 pm  #464

Yes, I agree, it may not be nothing more than the three of them liking each other. I still have trouble with one thing: that simply is of absolute no interest to me in a show about "Sherlock". Sorry, but that is the way I feel. And I can understand why the writers go for an apparent image shift with her, but again: not of my concern, way too much precious screen time wasted on the "gang" thingy, way too much precious PR work wasted on shoving this down our throats.
Nope, doesn't work, sorry....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 19, 2016 7:38 pm  #465

I'm ok with Mary not turning out to be a villain but like you I don't really want to see much time dedicated to the trio and I'm hoping that what Martin said is true and that the John/Sherlock friendship will remain central.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 19, 2016 7:41 pm  #466

According to Martin, Mary being an assassin has been resolved-ish...sort of... kind of...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 19, 2016 7:46 pm  #467

mrshouse, once again I completely agree with you.

Something else, has anyone else noticed that Mary is wearing pretty wide clothes? The blue blouse she is wearing on the group pic and pretty much all the time we saw her during Setlock, the blue parka and now the white jacket on the promo pic and the perspective from which she is shot there... all of a sudden I thought 'Is Mary pregnant again?'.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2016 7:50 pm  #468

SolarSystem wrote:

mrshouse, once again I completely agree with you.

Something else, has anyone else noticed that Mary is wearing pretty wide clothes? The blue blouse she is wearing on the group pic and pretty much all the time we saw her during Setlock, the blue parka and now the white jacket on the promo pic and the perspective from which she is shot there... all of a sudden I thought 'Is Mary pregnant again?'.

The white jacket did stricke me as pretty wide but who knows, maybe she didn't lose her pregnancy pounds in an efficient manner
Or maybe it's not christening after all and she's still pregnant at the time of the event.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 19, 2016 8:02 pm  #469

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh gawd.....

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 19, 2016 8:04 pm  #470

Vhanja wrote:

According to Martin, Mary being an assassin has been resolved-ish...sort of... kind of...

That is the first reasonable thing I here from the "gang" lately...

December 19, 2016 8:07 pm  #471

Official launch of Series 4

I'm not sure if this is an official promo pic or a fan manip

Benedict's hair is looking dark, has he dyed it for The Current War?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 19, 2016 9:09 pm  #472

Liberty wrote:

Ha ha, Tonnaree!  "These are prepared words ..." - I love it!

I think there's two ways it could go.  As people have said, setting up a false front for a rug pull later.

That's what I suspect will happen.  The result being that when John loses his whole family, he will be devastated.

December 20, 2016 10:04 am  #473

I think the last one is a manip, too, but it looks neat! 

Beautiful pictures from last night too! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 20, 2016 12:03 pm  #474

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 20, 2016 12:36 pm  #475

Awesome picture of awesome people! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 8:03 am  #476

According to a Norwegian online newspaper, Netflix have bought the exclusive right to show S4 outside of Britain (US probably not included). That's why it's not on NRK or other European channels. They believe Netflix will publish the episodes straight after they have aired on BBC.

That's good news for me, though! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 21, 2016 8:13 am  #477

That is good news!  Although I really hope that Netflix also show it in the UK, for those of us who are paying for both a BBC TV licence and a Netflix subscription!  Netflix in the UK tends to be lacking.   I have pre-ordered the series, so will have it anyway, but it does only seem fair for those who haven't.

December 21, 2016 8:40 am  #478

Vhanja wrote:

According to a Norwegian online newspaper, Netflix have bought the exclusive right to show S4 outside of Britain (US probably not included). That's why it's not on NRK or other European channels. They believe Netflix will publish the episodes straight after they have aired on BBC.

That's good news for me, though! 

In Denmark it has been confirmed that Netflix will show the episodes the day after the original air date in the UK, I assume it goes for everyone else too! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 8:51 am  #479

A question for those of you who's been around for the previous pre-new-Sherlock-madness occasions:
Has it always been like that? I mean, I have a feeling that I shouldn't go to sleep else I'll miss something important. All the interviews and trailers and awards and whatnot PR - it takes me a couple of hours to catch up on everything every night.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 21, 2016 9:03 am  #480

Yes, this Sherlock hell is pretty common, I´d say.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera