BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2016 5:43 am  #441

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Mary's got a second set of clothes! O.o

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 19, 2016 7:03 am  #442

ewige wrote:

And it's innocent white. Lovely. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2016 7:32 am  #443

It just occurred to me, given the first episode title, that Mary's hair is like a younger, more modern version of Thatcher's.  And she often seems to be wearing blue. Maybe Mary's dark secret is that she was a Thatcherite!  She's not wearing blue, in that picture, although the collar still looks a little Thatchery to me, but I think I've just got that idea stuck in my head now!

Molly had that outfit in the other picture.  It looks kind of mismatched, as if she's grabbed any cardigan to go with the dress.  Not criticising, as I am terrible at matching clothes myself, but just an observation! 

December 19, 2016 7:42 am  #444

SolarSystem wrote:

ewige wrote:

And it's innocent white. Lovely. 

Well, they gave her a whole new kharma alltogether, so there.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 19, 2016 7:48 am  #445

Liberty wrote:

It just occurred to me, given the first episode title, that Mary's hair is like a younger, more modern version of Thatcher's.  And she often seems to be wearing blue. Maybe Mary's dark secret is that she was a Thatcherite!  She's not wearing blue, in that picture, although the collar still looks a little Thatchery to me, but I think I've just got that idea stuck in my head now!

Molly had that outfit in the other picture.  It looks kind of mismatched, as if she's grabbed any cardigan to go with the dress.  Not criticising, as I am terrible at matching clothes myself, but just an observation! 

A younger Maggie Thatcher? I think her hair is way more fluffy and the clothing more comfortable, she does not have that rigid look like Maggie.
Honstly, I think everything that is behind this is that she is supposed to radiate more warmth and, well, beauty in this season. This is way prettier than she looked in S3. Softer, warmer. Might also be a hint that the Mofftiss are serious about the changing of her whole story and background. That she landed on the side of the angels.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 19, 2016 7:55 am  #446

mrshouse wrote:

Honstly, I think everything that is behind this is that she is supposed to radiate more warmth and, well, beauty in this season. This is way prettier than she looked in S3. Softer, warmer. Might also be a hint that the Mofftiss are serious about the changing of her whole story and background. That she landed on the side of the angels.

You might have a point there. I can honestly say that I think she looks rather lovely in most pics I've seen so far, no matter how she's holding her hands or what clothes she's wearing. I'm still hoping that Mofftiss are just luring us into liking her so they can crash us altogether when they finally tell us the whole truth about her... but I kind of doubt that'll ever happen.

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 19, 2016 7:55 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2016 7:57 am  #447

SolarSystem wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

You might have a point there. I can honestly say that I think she looks rather lovely in most pics I've seen so far, no matter how she's holding her hands or what clothes she's wearing. I'm still hoping that Mofftiss are just luring us into liking her so they can crash us altogether when they finally tell us the whole truth about her... but I kind of doubt that'll ever happen.

Exactly. I see it less as a lurking before the rug pull but rather an image change.

December 19, 2016 8:07 am  #448

She does look prettier and softer than before, but also very unhappy in the last picture imo. The occasion seems to be a solemn one, also judging by John's and Mrs Hudson's expressions.

-----

December 19, 2016 8:18 am  #449

Yes, it didn't strike me until that most recent picture.   But although the curls are loose and soft, they are not Mary's usual style, and that with the blue and the episode title, just reminded me of Mrs T.  It may be completely unintentional.  I agree that she looks lovely in the publicity pics in general. 

December 19, 2016 8:29 am  #450

ewige wrote:

She does look prettier and softer than before, but also very unhappy in the last picture imo. The occasion seems to be a solemn one, also judging by John's and Mrs Hudson's expressions.

That is interesting, I gave it a couple of close looks and have to say: to me she looks content, selfconfident, a bit mysterious, ready to do dirty work but unhappy? That is the emotion I don't see. And yes, all the others show doubts, maybe fear, but never Mary.

December 19, 2016 9:03 am  #451

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 19, 2016 9:16 am  #452

ukaunz wrote:

Sauerkraut dics 2?

It's practically raining promo stuff now! *happy sigh*

-----

December 19, 2016 9:21 am  #453

Hmmm, the expressions on their faces... they look as if they want to beat somebody. LOL.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 19, 2016 9:38 am  #454

This one is from Rachel Talalay's twitter feed

"that smile"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 19, 2016 9:47 am  #455

Another review, some minor spoilers here. Yes, ok. I AM actually looking forward to that

uncle Sherlock scene!

http://sherlocksbestfriend-john.tumblr.com/post/154653909596/constancecare-all-credits-go-to-basi1faw1ty

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 19, 2016 10:19 am  #456

That sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 19, 2016 10:32 am  #457

BBC Press Office‏ Sherlock series four media pack. Click through to more links for interviews with cast and writers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/sherlocks4

December 19, 2016 1:31 pm  #458

The last group picture looks a bit like an album cover too, I'm kinda 'hot' for that thing Sherlock does with his sleeves... just... ehm. Saying. It's pretty gentlemanly (said the punk chick) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 19, 2016 2:29 pm  #459

ukaunz wrote:

BBC Press Office‏ Sherlock series four media pack. Click through to more links for interviews with cast and writers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/sherlocks4

Just read some of the interviews there. Needless to say I am not happy about how much Martin had to stress how loving the Watson marriage was. Another build-up for the rug-pull? Hopefully so!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 19, 2016 2:54 pm  #460

Yes, they decided to shove it down our throaths constantly now, or so it seems...

Board footera