BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2016 6:30 pm  #61

Re: The Series 4 Johnlock speculation thread (contains spoilers)

I love Slasher horror, and that's clearly not what Sherlock is, either... I mean Slasher got it's name from being being 'slashed' with blood flying everywhere. 

So yeah... Slash fanfiction would be lovely 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 17, 2016 6:35 pm  #62

No, I think he has been pretty clear on it being a friendship, as have the rest of crew.  Even if it was more than that, it doesn't make sense that the whole crew would keep quiet about except for Benedict announcing it by calling it slash fiction.   He clearly doesn't mean that.   Here's a clip of the other time I remember him saying it:

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365370781/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=charlierose

I think it's even more clear from the context there that he means fan fiction, and he's talking about Moftiss taking a fan's approach to ACD.  He has just got the wrong word.  Which is something he does now and then - I've noticed this before, that he always sounds very erudite and intelligent, which he is, but occasionally makes mistakes.   (The "penguin" one being one of the more endearing!)

Last edited by Liberty (December 17, 2016 7:03 pm)

December 17, 2016 6:39 pm  #63

He has a certain history of saying things he was supposed to be quiet about. Remember when he announced series 4 when the rest of the Crew tried to make it a secret?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 17, 2016 6:43 pm  #64

Oh, yes, that one. Not to mention about everything he said and did at SDCC. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2016 6:52 pm  #65

But he's said this twice, using the same, obviously incorrect phrase, and obviously not saying it in the context of giving away a spoiler.  The interview above is about Moftiss's approach to the ACD canon in general, the fact that they're "fan boys".  It doesn't make any sense for him to be talking about slash fiction in that context, but fan fiction makes absolute sense (and fits with everything else he and Moftiss have said).

December 17, 2016 6:55 pm  #66

BC does know his grammar.  He says WE are not IT is. 

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

December 17, 2016 6:58 pm  #67

Benedict has a special chair in Sue's basement.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 17, 2016 7:06 pm  #68

I hope it's a comfy one! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 17, 2016 7:12 pm  #69

I hope they will let him go for Christmas. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 18, 2016 12:04 am  #70

They see but they do not observe.

Did you read the comments?  What a bunch of sour asses!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 18, 2016 7:22 am  #71

For the benefit of your peace of mind, keep away from Daily Mail comments!  Or read with a pinch of salt.

December 20, 2016 7:52 am  #72

Speculation as it says in the thread title but interesting: 

Ben’s interview in 5Live, 19/12/2016. They comment on ‘The Six Thatchers’ preview, and most importantly:

“Lets see how people react to where we go with [the show]” - Benedict Cumberbatch

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/154712225341/marcespot-bens-interview-in-5live-19122016

He said this while explaining once again passionately that his "this is the last series" quote had been taken out of context. This is quite interesting because Benedict does not talk about the story as such coming to an end but makes it dependent on how audiences will react to the content. So this will not be about an extended form of MP because we had that in TAB already. At this point I honestly do not see anything but Johnlock fitting this description. In this case he would be saying: if people can accept Sherlock and John as a couple, then maybe there will be more episodes. 

December 20, 2016 8:04 am  #73

I was just listening to that!  Here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b085fz1l  at about 1.52.  I still get the impression that there's going to be something really dramatic and unexpected in TFP, and that it's going to feel like a natural ending (whether or not there's a S5). 

December 20, 2016 3:00 pm  #74

" At this point I honestly do not see anything but Johnlock fitting this description."

I'm with you on this one Susi.  They are using words like groundbreaking, television history, shocking, and nothing I can think of is worthy of any of these words.  Sherlock and Molly getting together?  Hardly groundbreaking.  It was all a dream/mind palace?  Been done over and over again.  Moriarty being twins/having a brother?  Canon.  

I freely admit that I want Johnlock with all my heart, but if that's not what they are building up to, I can't even begin to imagine what would qualify for the way they have promoted it.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 20, 2016 3:24 pm  #75

I keep trying to be unbiased somehow... but I see the same things you do everytime I try. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 20, 2016 3:35 pm  #76

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I keep trying to be unbiased somehow... but I see the same things you do everytime I try. 

That's probably because it is there for real. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 20, 2016 3:55 pm  #77

((((group johnlock hugs)))))

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 20, 2016 6:16 pm  #78

Other things that could be groundbreaking and shocking would be if they killed off John. Although I don't see why they would do that, and what that would mean for the future of the series. 

Or, as I thought about before, if they killed off Baby Watson. We talked about it earlier, but not sure how many tv series have killed off a named baby that is the child of one of the lead characters?

Last edited by Vhanja (December 20, 2016 6:16 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 20, 2016 6:19 pm  #79

Having a child/baby die or be killed is shocking, but it has been done many times on television.
Killing John would also be shocking but,
Everyone involved in the show has said time and again that the core of the show is John and Sherlock and their relationship.  Even if we don't get johnlock, I don't see them killing John.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 20, 2016 6:25 pm  #80

Maybe the shocking news about John "Tree Continents" Watson is that he indeed is shooting blanks - and knows it
@tonnaree

Last edited by ewige (December 20, 2016 6:26 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

Board footera