BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2016 10:02 am  #1

The Guardian Guide article about the return of Sherlock

I haven't read this yet, but I want to save it for later!

Online:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/17/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-series-four

Printed version:

Last edited by ukaunz (December 17, 2016 10:03 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 2016 10:34 am  #2

Re: The Guardian Guide article about the return of Sherlock

Now, there are many sentences in this one that I love. I will not put them in spoiler tags because I am quoting from the article. (Is that all right, dear mods?)

We are to expect "no straight answers and a barrage of curveballs". Sounds like what O was hoping for.

"Yet, despite the cute publicity stills with a huge bloodhound and Freeman wearing a baby carrier, it all goes black as oil thereafter."
Yesssss!!!!

" To be more specific would be to ruin one of the biggest “NO WAY” TV moments in years. Suffice to say, if you’re looking in one direction, Moffat and Gatiss will be setting a trap in the other."
Sounds scarily great!

And my Personal favourite:
 “Do you lie in interviews?” they’re asked at a press junket. “Yes,” grins Moffat. “No,” says Gatiss, grinning even more broadly."

:-)))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 17, 2016 10:58 am  #3

Good article, much better than the one in The Times. Here is another quote I like: 

"Being a hero isn’t being bigger, richer, more powerful than somebody else. It’s being wiser and kinder. I think it’s time for the less-of-a-dick Sherlock." (Steven)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2016 11:03 am  #4

That's a great quote as well. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 17, 2016 12:06 pm  #5

I liked this one:
Abbington is out and proud in describing her Brossette years: “Me and my friend Jenny found out the Goss brothers used to live in Peckham and we’d look up all the Gosses and ring up and say ‘Can we speak to Matt or Luke please?’ I was completely and utterly obsessed with Matt and he was my dream man for a very long time.”

What was wrong with Luke?

Also
Far from a light-hearted puzzle set by an unseen playmate, the smashed Maggies point to terrible secrets from a character’s past.
I'm guessing Mary. I hope it's Mary because I would like to have her past dealt with in Ep1. 

Good article, thanks for posting. 

December 17, 2016 12:15 pm  #6

Ooo, this all sounds very promising!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 17, 2016 12:51 pm  #7

Thank you, it was a lovely article!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 18, 2016 9:31 pm  #8

Liberty wrote:

Far from a light-hearted puzzle set by an unseen playmate, the smashed Maggies point to terrible secrets from a character’s past.
I'm guessing Mary. I hope it's Mary because I would like to have her past dealt with in Ep1. 

Good article, thanks for posting. 

I cannot remember for the life of me where I read it (hence the spoiler), but I think it has been confirmed that Mary's past will play a role in the first episode. Also, the hints from the soundtrack seem to point in that direction. So I'd say 90% chance the "terrible secrets" will be hers. Maybe the ones form the USB-stick that she was so worried about?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

December 19, 2016 1:29 am  #9

Could be.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Board footera