BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2016 11:07 am  #441

Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I wouldn't be surprised!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 4, 2016 11:39 am  #442

Vhanja wrote:

They are really putting an emphasis on Moriarty for S4, aren't they? Could it be a red herring?

I just don't know.   I've really been struck with how much they have put him forward (in the trailer, etc.), compared to the way he was hidden before TAB - when it didn't really matter for TAB.  They certainly want us to think that he's important, although they could stilll get away with one or two mind palace or flashback scenes.  

But the episode we know Andrew is definitely in, is (not sure if the title is still a spoiler so playing safe with tags

TFP, isn't it?  That was the Moriarty story in the books.

And I have a feeling that events in that episode are going to be very personal to Sherlock.  I have a feeling that the baddy will be closer to home than before.  Apart from the people close to Sherlock, I think it could still be Moriarty if  Moriarty is brought closer (the other one? Sherrinford?).  I've also been thinking about something Benedict said in an interview about Sherlock internalising Moriarty, and fighting against that aspect of himself.   So Moriarty could play a big part without being alive.  The other thing I've been thinking of is the "wish fulfilment" aspect, and we know Moftiss love Moriarty (and Andrew!). 

To be honest, I'd rather not have Moriarty as the major villain - I think he's a great baddy, and I think Andrew is fantastic, but there's something a bit lacking for me about him as a person/character.  I don't feel I really know him beyond him being Sherlock's nemesis, and then an imagining of Sherlock's (because I have to remind myself that mind palace Moriarty isn't the real Moriarty, and that has confused me!).  But then there's a whole series to develop him more, so I will reserve judgment! 

December 4, 2016 11:40 am  #443

Now he's tweeting sharks!

Oh, the original tweet just got deleted! Seems it was a fake, or not the photograph of the year, or something.

Last edited by ukaunz (December 6, 2016 6:11 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 4, 2016 11:45 am  #444

Well, we know it's something about sharks!  We just don't know what about sharks!  He is having fun taunting us, I'm sure! 

December 14, 2016 8:32 pm  #445

Not a Mark or Steven tweet, but:

PBS @PBS:

We're hosting an #AnswerTime (tomorrow @ 2PM ET) w/ #SherlockPBS' @Markgatiss & #StevenMoffat! Submit questions at http://pbstv.tumblr.com/ask

December 14, 2016 11:27 pm  #446

I sent in a question.  I've never had my question answered in one of these things, so we'll see if I'm any luckier this time around.

Clueing for looks.

December 15, 2016 9:30 am  #447

I sent a question too! Will be interesting to see if they answer it or not. Regardless, it will be fun! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 15, 2016 6:08 pm  #448

So did I, yesterday.  I hope there'll be a transcript or a video of the whole thing when it's over, because I may be away from the house when they're answering questions.

December 15, 2016 6:29 pm  #449

There was a transcript up pretty quick of the time Ben did something similar... not sure about video. I doubt it sadly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 15, 2016 7:03 pm  #450

It's up now!  I've just read the first question and Mark is on good form!

When u gonna make it gay

When you say it, please specify it. Do you mean Steven King’s it? With Pennywise the clown? Or the it from five children and it by E. Nesbitt? I’m not sure either It needs to be gayer than they already are.-Mark

Last edited by Liberty (December 15, 2016 7:04 pm)

December 15, 2016 7:12 pm  #451

I love Mark!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2016 7:14 pm  #452

Liberty wrote:

It's up now!  I've just read the first question and Mark is on good form!

When u gonna make it gay

When you say it, please specify it. Do you mean Steven King’s it? With Pennywise the clown? Or the it from five children and it by E. Nesbitt? I’m not sure either It needs to be gayer than they already are.-Mark

Bless him.

But, damn, they actually let that question through?!?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2016 7:16 pm  #453

Some one ask "why do you guys like to break my heart" and Mark replied "you never returned my calls."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2016 7:16 pm  #454

Yeah, and there's this:

Q: Are you completely against the idea of Sherlock having a relationship with John? If so, what are your reasons?

A: 
Of course we’re not against it. But as we have explained many times, that’s not the story that we want to tell. Obviously as a gay man myself, I have no problem with the notion that a Sherlock Holmes and a Doctor Watson could be in a relationship together, but ours aren’t. It’s as simple as that. Sherlock is clearly capable of feeling emotion and of falling for someone, but that someone is not John Watson, despite his love and great affection for him.-Mark

Last edited by Vhanja (December 15, 2016 7:17 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2016 7:18 pm  #455

tonnaree wrote:

Some one ask "why do you guys like to break my heart" and Mark replied "you never returned my calls."

Yes, loved that one! :D

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2016 7:22 pm  #456

Lol, these guys are hilarious! 

Q: Does benedict have any strange habits or food preferences that you are willing to share..

A: Yes. It’s a little known fact that Benedict can only eat ghosts, which he lightly fries between scenes.-Mark

Q: Why aren't people talking about the fact that Mary actually killed Sherlock?? He flatlined? His heart stOPPED! 

A: I think, probably, because he’s not dead. Just a guess. - SM

Last edited by Vhanja (December 15, 2016 7:23 pm)

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2016 7:22 pm  #457

He's so funny! 

I think that answer is a good one for the JL Debate thread, or the JL in S4 spoiler thread, Vhanja.  And some of the others are interesting - possible hints for S4?  I'm sure I'm overthinking a presumably flippant answer here, but I'm still intrigued:

what is your favourite villian of the whole series?

Sherlock Holmes - SM

Last edited by Liberty (December 15, 2016 7:22 pm)

December 15, 2016 7:26 pm  #458

Love that one, Liberty!

Oh, God, this had me laughing out loud:

Q: How emotionally prepared should I be for this new episode because it's been years and I'm still not ready

A: It hasn’t been years. The last episode was on January of this year! -Mark

Last edited by Vhanja (December 15, 2016 7:27 pm)

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2016 7:28 pm  #459

Describe "The Final Problem" in 3 words. 

The. Final. Problem.-Mark

My sides!  These are absolutely brilliant!

Last edited by Liberty (December 15, 2016 7:28 pm)

December 15, 2016 7:29 pm  #460

Q: Who is Sherlock saying "I love you" to in the trailer?

A:  
His mum, obviously. He doesn’t ring home often enough and usually forgets her birthday. He’s a very naughty boy.-Mark

*snigger*

Last edited by Vhanja (December 15, 2016 7:29 pm)

Team Hudders!

Board footera