BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2016 5:57 pm  #1

Any special preparations?

So, do you make any special preparations for 'Sherlock Eve'? (And for the two other days?)

Like buying chocolate, crisps, icecream, your favourite food?
Making yourself tea?
Inviting or going to friends to watch it together?
Plan to wrap yourself up in a (shock) blanket?
Will you be filming your reaction to the episodes like some people did in the past, that you can find on youtube?
I wonder if watching the episodes slightly drunk will make them even more fun and/or dramatic.  (I don't really consider it.^^ I barely drink alcohol, I only take a nip or two on New Year's Eve or birthdays.) But there are two Youtube girls out there who did that :D

Sleeping late in the morning of these days? To be more concentrated so that you don't miss a word or picture? ;)
Do you shut off your phone? Go offline from any chats and forums? (I certainly will!)
Any other plans or preparations?

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 12, 2016 6:03 pm  #2

Re: Any special preparations?

I am going to stock up on chocolate and probably also enjoy a small bottle of cava while watching the episodes. Well, that will be for the first one. For the second and third I will probably have some crisps and beer. 

(And if we are thinking about the same two girls, I love their Sherlock videoes, and I am greatly looking forward to watching their reaction videos to S4!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 6:09 pm  #3

Vhanja wrote:

I am going to stock up on chocolate and probably also enjoy a small bottle of cava while watching the episodes. Well, that will be for the first one. For the second and third I will probably have some crisps and beer. 

(And if we are thinking about the same two girls, I love their Sherlock videoes, and I am greatly looking forward to watching their reaction videos to S4!)

Me too! :D

And cava is wine I suppose?

Last edited by Rache (December 12, 2016 6:09 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 12, 2016 6:10 pm  #4

Well I'm intending to take the Mondays off. I'll be useless at work the day after each ep airs.

Apart from that... I'd have loved to watch the new season with a friend. Alas, nobody lives close enough for that.

No special food. Def no crisps (I want to hear EVERYTHING), no alc (I want to be 100% alert - it's extremely rare that we get to see a new ep for teh first time, right?). So I figure it'll be a pretty boring affair (on the outside; on the inside, it'll be a johnlock party no matter the canon :o )

Last edited by ewige (December 12, 2016 6:11 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 12, 2016 6:14 pm  #5

I made plans to watch the episodes with my best friend. I'll be going to her New Years party, so the first one I'll watch at her place, with another Sherlockian. The next two it will be my best friend and I at my place. 

I've saved a few bags of chocolate eyeballs from Hallowen and I'll be looking into snacks. 

But it has to be 'non-noisy' snacks... I am nearly deaf on one ear and without subtitles I already know I'll miss finer details. 

Knowing me I'll probably forget to eat anything. Heh. 

I am also considering bringing out a bottle of some fancy pink sparkly wine I've saved since my Birthday a few years ago. Apparently it's expensive or something. 

I might also serve a shot in my mustache shot glasses... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 6:21 pm  #6

Rache wrote:

And cava is wine I suppose?

Sparkling wine, yes. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 6:29 pm  #7

This was when I watched TAB last year... I didn't touch any of it until after xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 6:40 pm  #8

Maybe a few boxes of tissues.  And a bucket to cry into. 

Definitely no video.  Nobody wants to see a middleaged woman staring slack-jawed at the screen. Or crying into a bucket.

December 12, 2016 7:34 pm  #9

Bucket might be a good idea. That's what I collected so far: Teapot, blanket, and something to cuddle.

I will stock up eventually. Today I bought a glass of Nutella and a kitchen roll. I might also invite Furlock to watch with us. Someone proposed something to bite into when things get rough. Any ideas beside baby teether?

December 12, 2016 7:42 pm  #10

I'll make good use of my own wrist.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 12, 2016 7:45 pm  #11

Sadly, I literally just found out I won't be able to watch T6T along with everyone else on Sherlock's EveI'll be traveling and will have no internet during that whole day and night. Any suggestions on what I should do? Can't order CD, and I'm american

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 7:50 pm  #12

Will you be able to have internet the next day, so you could watch it on the BBC iPlayer? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 8:03 pm  #13

Ouch, that's too bad, Changeable. 

Hah, some great collections there, guys!

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 8:10 pm  #14

I've already stocked up on tea and shock blankets. Will probably need something stronger than tea so I might prepare a G&T before I sit down to watch it.
No plans for special food but I will probably have some leftover chocolates and sweets from Christmas.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 12, 2016 8:15 pm  #15

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Will you be able to have internet the next day, so you could watch it on the BBC iPlayer? 

Yes, I will the next day. Never have used BBC iPlayer, though And awesome collections of blankets guys

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 8:16 pm  #16

Too late at night for tea for me! 

December 12, 2016 10:17 pm  #17

What night? Do you think you will get any sleep after seeing any of the episodes?

December 13, 2016 1:10 am  #18

I will pull a wing chair up close to the TV, put on the glasses that help me see fine detail, disconnect all the phones and anything else that buzzes or rings, bar my husband from coming anywhere near the living room, turn off all the lights, wrap myself in a comfy blanket, say a silent prayer to the Johnlock gods hit the record button and LET 'er ROLL! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 13, 2016 4:23 am  #19

I will need popcorn, tissues, a blanket, and the best computer in the house. I have already told hubby to stay away and leave me alone but I'l have my smartphone nearby so I can contact my closest Sherlock friends ASAP afterwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 13, 2016 7:48 am  #20

Same here. Blanket. Tissues. Hoping for a functioning live stream. My daughter actually promised to hold my hand but now she starts talking about how she might be not fit after celebrating New Year's Eve. Sigh. Maybe my son who predicted Mary's pregnancy after about ten minutes into the episode (no kidding)? My husband who is more of a casual viewer? And, yes, phone at hand for emergencies and possible squealing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera