BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2016 8:21 pm  #361

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

But I have definitely seen this house before, not one that sort of looked like it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 8:30 pm  #362

Also, this is interesting

Last edited by ukaunz (December 11, 2016 8:30 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 8:38 pm  #363

Remember that outdoors photo of Sherlock, John and Mycroft that everyone thought made them look like a musical group? Was that taken during filming of S4? I'm trying to remember what the background scenery was like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 8:46 pm  #364

Thank you for the pictures, definitely not the same house. Might be Mycroft's that's being blown up... 

The table Mycroft sits on reminds me of the one Sherlock is lying on... 

I just wish I could remember where I've seen the burning house. Gah! My 'mind palace' is not working as it used to... all it seems to be able to tell me is that I have seen it before. I have near perfect visual memory... so yeah. 

Gah. It's frustrating me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 8:49 pm  #365

The Sherlock crew released this photo during filming, right?

Wonder if we'll see this scene in S4?

December 11, 2016 8:52 pm  #366

Do they have to pose during their wait? ;)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

December 11, 2016 9:07 pm  #367

I always considered that picture a bit of fun... but who knows. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 9:22 pm  #368

ukaunz wrote:

The Sherlock crew released this photo during filming, right?

Wonder if we'll see this scene in S4?

Gosh I love these guys. They are so... understatedly hilarious.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 11, 2016 9:22 pm  #369

It looks very much as if they've lost something and are looking in different directions for it.  A frisbee, perhaps?

How did you do that with the picture, Ukaunz?  It's much easier to see it - thanks! 

I still think the windows look similar.  Even more so seeing the pictures together - there is similar shrubbery outside.  It's got to be Mycroft's house, I think.  (But the other one isn't, I don't think).

What's interesting about the bottom picture?  Am I missing something?  (Of course, it's all interesting, but I wondered if there was something particular in this shot that we hadn't noticed before?)

Last edited by Liberty (December 11, 2016 9:24 pm)

December 11, 2016 10:14 pm  #370

Sorry, I didn't have time to write much about the pics I was posting, I was supposed to be getting the kids ready for school!

I wasn't the one who lightened the burning house pic, I found it on tumblr. Should probably have credited it.

The bottom picture I posted because I hadn't been sure it was John pushing Sherlock up against the wall in that clip, but now I'm pretty sure it is. I think Sherlock's expression is interesting though. He's very dazed-looking. Is John angry with him, or is he trying to snap him out of something?

December 11, 2016 10:25 pm  #371

ukaunz wrote:

The bottom picture I posted because I hadn't been sure it was John pushing Sherlock up against the wall in that clip, but now I'm pretty sure it is. I think Sherlock's expression is interesting though. He's very dazed-looking. Is John angry with him, or is he trying to snap him out of something?

The stubble indicates it's TLD, right? So I figure Sherlock is sinking deeper and deeper into his agonizing childhood memories and John tries to snap him out of it...

-----

December 11, 2016 10:38 pm  #372

ewige wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

The stubble indicates it's TLD, right? So I figure Sherlock is sinking deeper and deeper into his agonizing childhood memories and John tries to snap him out of it...

My theory is darker. I believe this scene:

and this one:

is connected.
Someone has died and John is blaming Sherlock for it. And attacks him in rage over the issue.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 11, 2016 11:00 pm  #373

John is wearing a suit - the "christening" suit perhaps? But all the drama with Mary and the baby should be over in TST, right? So maybe it's Sherlock's MP connecting John's grief with old childhood trauma?

I actually dislike MP being the standard explanation for whatever we see before the eps air, now

-----

December 11, 2016 11:06 pm  #374

I've actually googled morgue refrigerators. While there are occasionally two-body refrigerators with a shared door, it's never as wide and as tall as the ones we see in the first trailer. So maybe it's a medical testing facility rather that a morgue? With cells/units behind the doors?

-----

December 11, 2016 11:16 pm  #375

I think you could be right, nakahara.

And about the doors... good googling work. Could still be a hospital, lab setting... medical research or something. Of course it doesn't have to be medical I suppose.

But it reminds me of one room I absolutely hated being in when I worked as a secretary and research assistant at the hospital. (I'm even afraid to say why)

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 11, 2016 11:17 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 3:41 am  #376

I don't usually post... like EVER! But I can't help it this time... THE TRAILER!!!! I JUST SAW THE TRAILER AND JUST READ ALL OF YOUR LOVELY AND BRILLIANT COMMENTS AND OH.MY.GOSH. HELP I'M CRYING AND SCREAMING IN JOY AND AGONY. I want to make a few comments of my own: First of all, the part where Molly is crying on the phone (her crying is making me cry). This may just me, but the background looks sort of similar to Culverton's background (both in this trailer, excluding any promo pics); the colors and lighting and all that. I think most of us agree that someone that Sherlock loves is being threatened. Culverton says something along the lines of "your darkest secret" (to sherlock),  and another snippet along lines of "you have to say it/ just say it" (again, to sherlock.. we're assuming). I don't think Culverton is threatening Mycroft/ John in the "i love you" scene... although the whole sherlock-has-to-choose-shooting-myrcoft-or-john theory is my second favorite theory regarding that scene. I think Culverton is holding hostage someone he knows Sherlock loves. And I think Culverton is holding that person hostage in the same room with himself. Sherlock, Mycroft, and John, meanwhile, are in the "I love you" room and Culverton is speaking to Sherlock through a screen device (something like that). Culverton is showing Sherlock the person he's holding hostage, and tells Sherlock to tell them his deepest, darkest secret... which is that he tells the hostage that he loves them... Now, I'm a die-hard Sherlolly shipper, and it is slightly possible that it could become canon (speaking purely from a general fans POV, not meant to be offensive to anyone). So, I think the hostage is Molly. And Molly is being forced to talk with Sherlock over the phone... but they can still see Sherlock's face. Sherlock tells her he loves her, she cries, Culverton might kill her, and all this sadness and angst. Sorry for the long post, not the best with words.. but I hope you understand most of what I'm trying to say here.

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 3:47 am  #377

Just a little thing that struck me: the scene where Mycroft is standing in front of the burning house.
It looks like Mycroft stood there all night and till morning... and he didn't even move a muscle, it looks like. Not much shocks Mycroft Holmes; I think the house is very sentimental to him since he seems frozen; AND the fact that he stays that way till morning worries me.
And someone posted the different houses we've seen so far in promos and trailers: one was the screen grab from the first trailer with the exploding car. Remember that one? Way back in trailer one? If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the Diogenes Club building? It's tall, white, and in my opinion looks exactly alike. Not sure if someone else already posted this? (pic from season 2, I think) Sorry, I don't have a screen grab for the explosion.

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 3:50 am  #378

sorry, other one didn't work

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 3:53 am  #379

and here's the screen grab of car explosion:

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 3:55 am  #380

Although, it's not the burning house Myrcoft stands in front of, is it? Cause this one looks white, not darkish like the burning one. 
Okay, I've had my share of posting, bye, I'll shut up now

#sherlollyforever

Board footera