BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2016 1:48 pm  #341

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Is that Mycroft standing in front of the burning house? Is that his house burning? I look at the windows, and it could be, but it's hard to tell.

Also, I always assumed that the Mycroft was talking to Sherlock when he talks about daemons, but now with Jones's comments, I think it might also be possible that they are addressing Mary, we still don't know what was on the USB...

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

December 11, 2016 2:21 pm  #342

It looks like Mycroft to me. I'm not sure about the house, but the windows do look like they could possibly be the ones we see in ASIB. 

I have a feeling that it's Sherlock rather than Mary, partly because Mary has already told her darkest secret in HLV (we think!).  But she could well have another one up her sleeve, and it could be something that is pertinent to John and Sherlock.  Although John wouldn't fit with "friends".  And I keep coming back to Moftiss saying that S4 is about something they've been leading up to from the beginning (when Mary wasn't in it).

Lautrela, it's a while since I watched that episode, but isn't he looking at the picture in that shot (please let me know if I'm wrong!)?  In which case, he is probably looking at something in the trailer too. It could be an intercom or camera or window, but could also be something else - a picture, a photo, some information pinned to the wall, evidence, an open safe, etc. 

What's really puzzling me is that circle around him.  It almost looks as if he is standing in front of a mirror, looking towards John and Mycroft ... but I can't see any reflection of him in the "mirror".  Or it could be smoked glass behind him, with a clear circle in it.  What do you (or anyone!) make of it?

December 11, 2016 2:45 pm  #343

I see the roundness too

There's the possibility that Sherlock is facing them, but Sherlock is standing with his back to a mirror and the camera is pointing at Sherlock; making them seem like the classic 'image' of an angel and a devil on each shoulder... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 11, 2016 2:59 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 2:51 pm  #344

So is this their idea of "insane wishfulfilment"?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2016 3:02 pm  #345

The trouble with the mirror idea, is that I don't see Sherlock's reflection.  I'd expect to see maybe a tiny bit of the back of him in the mirror ... but perhaps it's just hidden behind him. 

Lautrela, you've got me thinking - at first, I thought it looked as if Sherlock could have been verbally entering a code or password (maybe it reminds me of I AM SHERLOCKED!), especially with Phantom mentioning "Vatican cameos".   But the idea that "I love you" is a clue is also interesting, or maybe that it's some kind of answer.   Love is the answer, eh?  Maybe it's the key to something. 

I still don't really know what the "insane wish fulfillment" is, and I don't think I will until I see it!  I think a lot of what they've done already has been wish fulfillment in a way!

December 11, 2016 3:14 pm  #346

Oh, that's a good one. Yes, it could very well be a code. It could explain why John and Mycroft seem a bit passive. (If one of them were about to be shot by Sherlock, I would assume them to be a bit more... you know... engaged).

Ah, slightly less of a wreck now. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2016 3:17 pm  #347

I'm willing to accept any explanation that means they all get out of there alive! 

December 11, 2016 3:45 pm  #348

That latest trailer really gave me the chills and made it impossible for me to breath or think normally for quite a while, after that I run around the house without any reason - my usual behaviour about brilliant but disturbing things and quite often to be witnessed when something about Sherlock came out. :D

But what one can say: They already told us that it was going to be dark, but boy, it really looks like it will!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

December 11, 2016 4:34 pm  #349

Lautrela wrote:

Let's keep it together guys, only few days left...

21 days, 3 hours and 55 minutes 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 11, 2016 5:11 pm  #350

Lautrela wrote:

@Ivy Oh my ! *facepalm*

not that I was counting  

----------

December 11, 2016 7:16 pm  #351

No, this one is much grander. It might an old family home, though, remember the magnificent house of Mycroft's we saw in ASiB and TSoT. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2016 7:18 pm  #352

I think it looks bigger than the cottage that we see at Christmas in HLV (although I don't know if that's their only home).   I think the windows look a little like the ones in the room that Mycroft is in at Christmas in ASIB.   It could be neither, of course! 

December 11, 2016 7:31 pm  #353

Liberty wrote:

I'm willing to accept any explanation that means they all get out of there alive! 

Me, too, Liberty!  I don't want Mycroft being killed off.  That's not going to happen anyway, unless Mark Gatiss decides that he doesn't want to be  one of the show's actors anymore.  And I haven't heard that he has decided that.

December 11, 2016 7:33 pm  #354

I just wonder how on earth John gets trapped in that well.  I think it's safe to assume he didn't climb down in there!

December 11, 2016 7:42 pm  #355

I was quite certain that this was Mycroft house, he is also standing in front of it when it's burning down. Also the big window behind him in "Belgravia" looks a bit like the ones in the new trailer, although they probably where filming those two scenes in different locations.

----------

December 11, 2016 7:56 pm  #356

That well looks like a place to kill people slowly when water lever rises with the flow. My mind places it firmly in the belly of that old fort complex on the island.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 11, 2016 7:58 pm  #357

kgreen20 wrote:

I just wonder how on earth John gets trapped in that well.  I think it's safe to assume he didn't climb down in there!

His hair is wet, so I wonder if he was dropped or pushed down (and thus he became wet). 

Team Hudders!

December 11, 2016 8:06 pm  #358

If he fell in the well, with those stone walls I'd think he would be pretty battered... so maybe he was placed there somehow? And got wet trying to make his way out? 

About the burning house, is it the same house that is blown up in the teaser? It is, right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 8:07 pm  #359

I don't think it is, although I'll have to watch the teaser again!

December 11, 2016 8:13 pm  #360

I think they're two different houses, the chimneys are quite different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera