BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2016 2:00 pm  #1721

Re: Chit-chat

Christmas Market is at full swing in Bratislava this weekend and on top of it, special market made by various embassies took place in town. It was like Roman orgies.... 

Potato pancakes filled with duck meat, mead, Italian cheese and prosciutto crudo, Hungarian red wines, Portugal red wines, Indonesian coconut pancakes, Italian lasagna, Jordanian cofee, Turkish backlavas, Arab hummus and aubergine spread, Russian caviar and meat pastries, Japanese sake and sushi, Kazakh chocolate, Swiss cheese, vodka, Greek joghurt with honey, Vietnamese grilled meat, Indian samosas....

English lord has not such overindulgence as we this weekend.....  

Last edited by nakahara (November 27, 2016 2:50 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 27, 2016 2:42 pm  #1722

That's a lot of food! Wow! Sounds like fun.

Clueing for looks.

November 27, 2016 2:52 pm  #1723

It was big fun and it was nice to see members of all nations under the sun having a good time, forgetting all their conflicts and strife for the weekend...

... but the thought of the weight I put on this weekend scares me..... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 27, 2016 3:42 pm  #1724

Sounds delicious, and interesting as well! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 4, 2016 3:26 pm  #1725

You know that thing when you actually listen to a lyric from what you thought was an innocent children's song from your childhood? 

"But it is us who make the toys, so they can stick this one in their eye!"

Okay. Calm down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 12:49 pm  #1726

Dog vs. broccoli.
"Should I eat the weird green stuff or should I not?"

December 8, 2016 1:29 pm  #1727

Hahahaha

That dog is me when I try to get myself to eat broccoli 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 8, 2016 10:00 pm  #1728

I like broccoli, myself, but that's still a funny dog!

Clueing for looks.

December 9, 2016 12:15 pm  #1729

I'm a bit scared... normally I have the theory that I need to try things before I judge them...

But, I get this box of Japanese treats every month and I usually taste everything, even if I don't like some of it. This time the soda is freaking me out. It's a cream stew soda. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2016 1:51 pm  #1730

LOL, seems to be the same like the cats with the cucumber phobia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 9, 2016 3:49 pm  #1731

I have seen those cats and cucumbers before.  So strange! Maybe it's the same shape as something in the wild that they wouldn't like?

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

But, I get this box of Japanese treats every month and I usually taste everything, even if I don't like some of it. This time the soda is freaking me out. It's a cream stew soda. 

I've heard of the strange sodas that are out there.  That does sound a little strange, I can't imagine what kind of flavour that has.  I suppose if you've got it anyway there's no harm in tasting it? If you really don't like it you don't have to finish it, I guess? Unless you find someone who actually likes it, though I don't know if anybody else would know what that tastes like.

Clueing for looks.

December 9, 2016 5:49 pm  #1732

Oh I will definitely try it... I just keep putting it off. But I know if I don't taste it I might regret it. 

Who knows, maybe it's nice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2016 6:25 am  #1733

Hey to anyone here. 

I've got 99 problems and they're all Alan Cumming.

December 11, 2016 7:19 am  #1734

Hello there, welcome to the forum

Sorry, I had to Google Alan Cumming, but I do recognise him now. So I assume you've watched everything he's in; what's your favourite?

I'm completely Benedicted, myself!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2016 9:07 am  #1735

ukaunz wrote:

Hello there, welcome to the forum

Sorry, I had to Google Alan Cumming, but I do recognise him now. So I assume you've watched everything he's in; what's your favourite?

Oh, I haven't seen everything he's in, but I have seen quite a bit. My favorite right now is probably Spy Kids (purely cause that's how I discovered him years ago) or Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, but it changes a lot.

And if we're not talking movies, my favorite thing is either his solo album or this other album where he's reading Shakespeare sonnets. I just love to listen to his voice; like, he could be going on about something I had absolutely no interest in and I'd still hang onto his every word.

I've got 99 problems and they're all Alan Cumming.

December 14, 2016 6:47 pm  #1736

Cool subway moment! Have fun at the trivia night!

Clueing for looks.

December 14, 2016 6:54 pm  #1737

Aw that's awesome Lautrela! Something similar sort of happened to me a while back... I was on a train and some young female tourists noticed my bag and started squealing like mad. But all of us were too shy to say hello! Cool that you did!!

Good luck! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2016 9:37 pm  #1738

Last night I spent some time on arranging some of the apps on my phone. 

Yes, I have a mild OCD diagnosis, related to stress. 
But isn't it pretty! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2016 11:32 pm  #1739

Congratulations on your prize!

Clueing for looks.

December 15, 2016 7:27 am  #1740

Well done! And what a sweet prize! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera