BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2016 8:27 pm  #221

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

This is what it says on the event page:
Special Fathom Features: Get ready for a new season with a special encore screening of Abominable Bride featuring an exclusive introduction to Sherlock Series 4 by Co-Creator Mark Gatiss.

*fingers crossed*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 7, 2016 9:05 pm  #222

Is this the thread where these go? I can't remember.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 7, 2016 9:22 pm  #223

I think so!

It's a lovely interview! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2016 8:42 am  #224

Please have a look at this trailer from BBC Entertainment - everything reversed, going back. Intriguing:

https://youtu.be/D19IYsZ5SVM

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2016 8:51 am  #225

SusiGo wrote:

Please have a look at this trailer from BBC Entertainment - everything reversed, going back. Intriguing:

https://youtu.be/D19IYsZ5SVM

Hyperventilating here for a second...

I hope everything is going back because the channel airs old episodes as a preparation for the new season and not as a hint to the new developments.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 9, 2016 8:58 am  #226

Yes, this may be one reason but think of all the "back" photos during setlock. The plane and the little girl from ASiB. Consequences. Chickens coming to roost. I am sure the past will have a great influence on the events of series 4. 

A fan reported meeting Sue and telling her how much she loved TAB. And Sue said that if she loved TAB, she was going to love S4 very much as well. Since it is not set in Victorian times, they will probably go for playing with reality. The little trailer here reminded me of the initial sequence of TAB.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2016 9:10 am  #227

Very intriguing indeed! And it does make me think it's a hint to what we will get from S4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2016 9:13 am  #228

I hope they won't end up with a complicated and illogical explanation for whatever they are doing, because playing with reality can be messy. Ok, I trust Moftiss to know their writing. They haven't disappointed me even once thus far.

Still, the trailer looks like it was made for the sole purpose of advertising the rerun. Which country is it anyway? Will there be a rerun in UK? I mean, they'd have to show the trailer to a broader audience if it's so crucial. But then, Mark's four minutes of non-spoilers were shown only in the States too...

-----

December 9, 2016 9:18 am  #229

It sounded Portuguese to me... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2016 9:21 am  #230

Oh, I see it now. It's for South America. They are rerunning the second season on Sunday. My Spanish is a little (ahem) rusty.

Seeing how it's about the second season but the trailer shows bits from other seasons too, I tend to agree with you guys that there's more to it than simply promoting the rerun. (Unless they are rerunning all 10 eps and show the same trailer before each season...)

Last edited by ewige (December 9, 2016 9:24 am)

-----

December 10, 2016 6:10 am  #231

The 30 seconds clip from the Colbert show with Martin

(I'll go and crash now... I've been awake more than 24 hours)

http://sherlocks-phantom-lady.tumblr.com/post/154276075852/beefreesherlock-for-my-fellow-friends-i 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2016 8:21 am  #232

Someone has uploaded the whole(?) interview including the Sherlock clip here https://vimeo.com/195072824
The quality is pretty rubbish though.

A slightly better quality version of the Sherlock clip
https://mobile.twitter.com/Anythingbatch/status/807511324309803009/video/1

Last edited by ukaunz (December 10, 2016 9:08 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2016 9:40 am  #233

Transcript of the clip shown on the Stephen Colbert Late Show

LESTRADE: So how's it going then, fatherhood?
JOHN: Oh good. Great. Yeah, amazing.
LESTRADE: Getting any sleep?
JOHN: Christ no.
LESTRADE: You're at the beck and call of a screaming, demanding baby, woken up at all hours to obey his every whim. Must feel very different.
SHERLOCK: Sorry, what?
JOHN: Yes, well, you know how it is. All you do is clean up their mess, pat them on the head.
SHERLOCK: You two having a little joke?
JOHN: Never a word of thanks. Can't even tell people's faces apart.
SHERLOCK: This is a joke, isn't it.
LESTRADE: Yeah and it's all, "oh aren't you clever, you're so so clever!"
SHERLOCK: Is it about me?
LESTRADE: I think he needs winding.
JOHN: You know, I think that really might be it.
SHERLOCK: No, don't get it.

Last edited by ukaunz (December 10, 2016 11:29 am)

December 10, 2016 10:13 am  #234

People are debating whether the joking between John and Lestrade in that scene is too mean-spirited.

I'm on the fence myself. On the one hand, I know plenty of people who joke amongst friends like that, it doesn't seem mean and Sherlock doesn't seem to mind it all that much.

On the other...

Actually, you know what? I can't really think of anything. I suppose I fall on that side of the fence, after all. I can't really see it as mean or out of character. But without further context, who knows.

What do you all think?

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

December 10, 2016 10:22 am  #235

I think it's their usual type of "let's rile Sherlock up a little" routine

Thanks muchly for the transcript, ukaunz! Before reading it, I was totally sure they were saying "can't even tell people's PACES apart" :o *headdesk*

-----

December 10, 2016 10:26 am  #236

I missed a bit in the transcript when I copied and pasted it from my Notes app, but I've fixed it now.

Plus, The Late Show With Stephen Colbert officially uploaded the clip on YouTube, so we can watch it here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeRtXzgRuzw

I don't think the joke is mean spirited. Sherlock is not thin-skinned, and it's pretty harmless coming from his best friends who love him. Anyway, it's just meant to be amusing for the viewer

Last edited by ukaunz (December 10, 2016 11:35 am)

December 10, 2016 10:29 am  #237

Tbh, if this is a real scene I am quite fed up with the jokes at Sherlock's cost. Filming him on the phone while being in hospital, the drama queen scene, the "running him" thing - no, I do not like it if this is the kind of joke they are going for. However, there are more interesting details about the clip: 

- Sherlock seems to come from upstairs. Why?
- Why do we see Sherlock's mirror image at the end? If it was John's or Lestrade's POV we would see his real image.
- Most important: Why are they talking about the baby as a boy when she is a girl?

December 10, 2016 10:31 am  #238

Thank you so much! It is great to see their faces too And I mean, it's a hilarious bit!

-----

December 10, 2016 10:34 am  #239

SusiGo wrote:

Tbh, if this is a real scene I am quite fed up with the jokes at Sherlock's cost. Filming him on the phone while being in hospital, the drama queen scene, the "running him" thing - no, I do not like it if this is the kind of joke they are going for. However, there are more interesting details about the clip: 

- Why do we see Sherlock's mirror image at the end? If it was John's or Lestrade's POV we would see his real image.
- Most important: Why are they talking about the baby as a boy when she is a girl?

I don't think Sherlock came down from upstairs, he was just there on teh landing putting on his jacket.
I also think that they refer to the baby with "he" because they are talking about Sherlock, that's all...

The mirrored image baffles me most.

Last edited by ewige (December 10, 2016 10:38 am)

-----

December 10, 2016 10:40 am  #240

SusiGo wrote:

To me it doesn't look like Sherlock had come from upstairs. I think he had preceded John and Greg into the hallway/landing and was just putting his jacket on. I'm guessing the clip starts just after he has left the room.

What do you mean about Sherlock's mirror image?

They were talking about Sherlock, not the baby, that's why they said "he."

Sorry, crossposted ewige. I had typed up my answer and then my browser crashed and I lost it 

Last edited by ukaunz (December 10, 2016 11:37 am)

Board footera