BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2016 7:53 pm  #1

A Celebration of Sherlock, December 9th, 2016

https://bafta.ticketsolve.com/shows/873565580/events

Join us on December 9 at BAFTA HQ, 195 Piccadilly, for an evening celebrating the British television series Sherlock as we look forward to the next series, shot in Wales.

Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson's adventures in 21st Century London.
A thrilling, funny, fast-paced contemporary reimagining of the Arthur Conan Doyle classic made by Hartswood Films.

A conversation with Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Sue Vertue and Amanda Abbington, hosted by Boyd Hilton.

19:30 – 20:30

This event is a fundraising evening, with proceeds supporting the charitable activities of BAFTA in Wales.

Dress code: Smart Casual

Tickets priced at £20 inc. VAT

Event supported by Hartswood Films and Wales Screen.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 8, 2016 9:01 pm  #2

Re: A Celebration of Sherlock, December 9th, 2016

This sounds lovely. Although I am beginning to wonder about Amanda being at virtually every event and Martin at none but for all of us who can go - lots of fun and, yes, a report would be nice. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2016 11:51 pm  #3

Not sure if I can actually go but chances are not bad since it is on a Friday night so I could just leave work early and get on a flight to London. I suppose this event will sell out so I decided to buy a ticket right away. Also great opportunity for some Christmas shopping in London on Saturday, preferably after breakfast at Speedy's.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 28, 2016 8:59 pm  #4

Flight and hotel booked!
I'm getting really excited, this is the first time I can attend that kind of promo event for a new series of Sherlock. And as a bonus I'll get to see the Christmas lights in London. Regent Street looks marvellous at Christmas, Fortnum & Mason is next door to the venue and they always have the most beautiful Christmas windows. Yay! 

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 30, 2016 9:09 am  #5

I've got a ticket, and if I'm in the right mood I might do a report of what's said.  It's a bit of a shame that it only lasts an hour, though.  It's OK for me who works a short walk away, but a lot of effort for little result for people who live a long way away or have to fly in!

(By the way, I'm not on this board very much now because the IT system at work got snarky about a particular page and has blocked the site, and I don't go online much at home.)

December 9, 2016 10:59 pm  #6

No big reveals but a highly entertaining talk. It is always great to see the writers and actors are still enjoying the show as much as we do.

@BAFTACymru announced they will make a podcast about this event so we should get an official review/summary of the talk.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 10, 2016 4:46 am  #7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera