BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2016 10:21 am  #141

Re: Episode titles (spoilers)

I am not so sure if the title refers to a Sherlock/Moriarty showdown. We've had the fall twice already, I seriously don't believe they would do it a third time. 

My first thought was more in the direction SusiGo was going - Sherlock's own demons.

Edit: Or it's the final showdown with Moriarity being, without a shadow of a doubt, very dead. That would be kind of like an ending. 

Last edited by Vhanja (November 20, 2016 10:27 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 20, 2016 11:02 am  #142

Liberty wrote:

The other things that keeps springing into my head is that "fake" scene they filmed with Mycroft shaking Moriarty's hand.  It might have been very prescient of them.

I keep thinking about that one too!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 20, 2016 6:17 pm  #143

*runs through the thread, knickers flaming, flailing wildly*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 21, 2016 3:24 am  #144

nakahara wrote:

But in real life, it was a ten years long hiatus between "The Final Problem" and "The Empty House"...

In real life, huh?  So--10 years for the Sherlock Holmes readers, three years for Dr. Watson!

November 21, 2016 7:39 am  #145

Another thing: To me one big difference between Canon Watson's hiatus and our John's hiatus was that in Canon Holmes did not commit suicide. He did a "noble" death fighting his most dangerous adversary. Watson mourned but he did not feel guilty, at least not as guilty as John must have felt who left Sherlock with the words "you machine" and saw him jumping to his death half an hour later. 

For the original audience it was must worse as well since ACD did not want to continue and therefore killed Holmes off. We, however, knew that Sherlock would return, we just had to wait. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2016 7:52 am  #146

Unless, of course, they're lying, and pretending they're going to continue, when in fact they're going to kill him off. 

(I'm kidding!)

November 21, 2016 7:56 am  #147

This is not funny. As a mod you are responsible for the sanity of our members. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2016 4:51 pm  #148

I'm sorry .  Of course, they have said it's insane wish fulfillment, and I'd surely the last thing they'd wish for would be to kill him off!  So I'm reassured. 

November 22, 2016 12:01 am  #149

I would think so!

December 9, 2016 9:06 pm  #150

The last ep's title has been confirmed (saw it on the official Sherlock feed on FB: https://www.facebook.com/Sherlock.BBCW).

It is indeed The Final Problem.

Last edited by ewige (December 9, 2016 9:06 pm)

-----

December 9, 2016 9:14 pm  #151

So it was no red herring but indeed carelessness. Thought so. 

December 9, 2016 9:23 pm  #152

Interesting! 

It still tickles me that they used the actual title and didn't change anything... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 9, 2016 9:23 pm  #153

The fandom is SO clever sniffing out such stuff! I mean, how does it even happen? A mystery! I wonder for how much longer they would have kept us guessing if not for the leak, and I feel a little sorry for them (and for the hapless agency manager or whoever added that bit of info a little too early).

-----

December 9, 2016 9:28 pm  #154

Yes, this is strange indeed. 

December 9, 2016 9:37 pm  #155

I think the mainstream media did not realise at all that this happened. It was just all over tumblr. 

December 9, 2016 9:46 pm  #156

So you don't think they rushed the official release of the third ep's title? For how much longer, do you think, they could have kept it a secret, realistically, seeing how TV guides etc. need the info in advance.

-----

December 9, 2016 9:47 pm  #157

SusiGo wrote:

I think the mainstream media did not realise at all that this happened. It was just all over tumblr. 

But at least somebody must have tweeted the leak to Mark or Amanda, right?

-----

Board footera