BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2016 12:15 am  #1

Sherlock Series 4 premiere dates around the world

Final Problem has tried to gather the international Sherlock Series 4 premiere dates that have been officially announced, check their tumblr for updates.

http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/153990174170/sherlock-series-4-premiere-dates-according-to

I'm still waiting to find out the premiere dates for NZ...

Where and when will you be watching the news episodes of Sherlock?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 4, 2016 12:48 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Series 4 premiere dates around the world

Apparently the Netflix thing isn't quite true; I contacted the Danish broadcaster and so did the Danish Sherlocked team and got told that they would announce it once they knew when they could air it... so let's see.

They used to be able to show it a week later.

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 4, 2016 12:48 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 4, 2016 8:22 am  #3

I'm frustrated for those of you who can't watch it right away!  Or at least in the next day or two.   It would be lovely if we could all watch it and join in the discussion at the same time.   I hope there's some good news from Netflix soon.

December 4, 2016 11:14 am  #4

I know that NRK (the Norwegian BBC, so to speak) has a very close partnership with BBC and have had so for decades. TAB was sent on the same day as BBC here in Norway, so I'm hoping S4 will be the same.

If not, I will watch them from a website streaming BBC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 5, 2016 12:38 am  #5

Lautrela wrote:

TV programms in my country suck so much ! No wonder we all turn to international shows in here ! At this rate, people who wait to see it on French TV will have to wait for a year or more ! *snort*
Anyway, thank you for the link ukaunz ! 

Good thing I'm not French, then. =)

I'm waiting for the DVDs myself.

December 5, 2016 2:04 am  #6

I'll be watching in my timezone on PBS! I have already marked my computer calendar, though I can already remember it on my own.

Clueing for looks.

December 5, 2016 2:17 pm  #7

I will be watching it twice the day it premieres.  Of course I will watch it on PBS in America.  However, I am so greedy and impatient that I will use other means to watch it when it airs in the UK because I cannot stand the thought of waiting one more second! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 5, 2016 2:26 pm  #8

Five hours time difference, isn't it?

I am lucky to get BBC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 5, 2016 2:28 pm  #9

I'll be streaming it... but I'll be doing it at my friend's place this time... and I'm sort of nervous about it working there... (just me being stupid) because I know it works at my place 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 5, 2016 2:53 pm  #10

Lautrela wrote:

TV programms in my country suck so much ! No wonder we all turn to international shows in here ! At this rate, people who wait to see it on French TV will have to wait for a year or more ! *snort*
Anyway, thank you for the link ukaunz ! 

I feel you. That's even worse than in Germany. Here it takes about five months... still too long

Poor me... I will be on holidays until the 6th of January. To watch it I would need to take my laptop with me. And then I am sure the internet connecrion will be too slow to stream it.
I mean holidays are nice too. But I will miss Sherlock eve. ;)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 5, 2016 4:56 pm  #11

I'm in Canada and I will be streaming the episodes on BBC One live at 3pm and then watching it again at 9PM on PBS. And I know it's crazy, but I'm going to try to get tickets to see E3 at the BFI pre-screening on January 12th. You never know! ;) 

December 5, 2016 5:11 pm  #12

Lautrela wrote:

*cross fingers for you* I really hope you'll get that chance for the 12th of January OpaleJade ! 
Keep faith ! 

Merci beaucoup!

December 6, 2016 8:50 am  #13

This was posted on the Masterpiece PBS website

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/schedule/

120 minute episodes!
Wonder why Ep 3 is screening at 7:30?
These details are probably not confirmed...

Last edited by ukaunz (December 6, 2016 8:55 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2016 11:28 am  #14

I suppose the episodes are 90 minutes as per usual and PBS will air some other stuff (interviews, BTS, promo trailers..?) to fill in the 30 minutes gap so the broadcast fits in their hourly programme schedule. As far as I know they used to cut the episodes so they could squeeze each episode into 60 minutes. At least now American viewers will get the uncut version.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 6, 2016 11:32 am  #15

I think this is correct. Still wondering about the early time for ep. 3 though. Before the watershed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2016 11:43 am  #16

That's probably it. 

I suppose there's a lot of reasons for an early screening time... some sports event? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 6, 2016 12:10 pm  #17

December 6, 2016 6:12 pm  #18

It looks as if Victoria has a regular slot at 9pm, so that might explain the earlier screening time.  Except that they will overlap, if they're allowing 120 minutes for Sherlock.  (Just saw your post above about the Radio Times - it does say 7.30 there too, but it looks like it's a screenshot). 

I vaguely remember reading something about Sherlock and the watershed - I think generally it's suitable for showing before the watershed (no extreme violence, etc.). 

Last edited by Liberty (December 6, 2016 6:22 pm)

December 6, 2016 8:10 pm  #19

Some fans are obviously irritated by that. The times are for PBS (as well the 120 minutes (which includes Masterpiece promos and such stuff)). The episodes are 90 minutes as usual.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 6, 2016 8:52 pm  #20

They don't usually have much extra stuff, but you never know - in the later seasons of Downton Abbey they did add a show afterwards of people talking about the episode.  I don't know if it will be something like that or not, or whehter it's just an error that they've put two hours instead of 90 minutes.  I know they showed The Abominable Bride in its full length and didn't add anything extra.

I'm not concerned.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera