BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2016 12:08 pm  #81

Re: Have you ever had any dreams about him?

I was an extra on the set of Sherlock.  I was trying to attract his attention all day, but he just ignored me and I ended up pulling Martin Freeman instead.  I felt disappointed but not completely dejected.

November 1, 2016 6:00 pm  #82

Aw, but hey you got Martin!

The other night I had a dream where I was back at the Doctor Strange gala premiere; and unlike the actual one, here Benedict was actually supposed to be there... and I waited and waited by the black carpet (it really was black...). I was so scared I had missed him... and he just never came. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 21, 2016 6:54 am  #83

I had one tonight... After some other stuff happened I was walking through a town (which I actually think was the school yards of my school as a little girl).

There was a lot of people there and I realized they were all movie characters, mostly Benedicts... There were clues in the grafitti too and I was a little busy looking at that so I didn't dodge when two Alan Turings bumped into me. They were deep in conversation with the other and I managed to hear "you see, he has to save the world by killing the people in it".

I was then looking for Sherlock but I woke up before I found him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 2, 2016 8:45 pm  #84

Can't remember much of this dream, but I was watching Benedict sitting at a piano, playing and singing some songs he'd written himself. I think at first I was watching him live, in person, but then the dream changed and I was trying to watch it on telly but my husband kept talking to me and I couldn't hear the music properly anymore. I was getting really frustrated because I just wanted to watch Benedict. He was wearing a green tuxedo jacket, and his glasses.

Last edited by ukaunz (December 2, 2016 8:48 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2, 2016 9:20 pm  #85

Except for the frustration part, that sounds like a fun dream.  I don't think we've seen him in a green outfit like you describe before, at least not that I'm aware of.

Clueing for looks.

December 2, 2016 9:43 pm  #86

I can't even describe the jacket properly, but I don't think I've ever seen him wearing anything like it.

I'm sure there's a Freudian meaning behind my being prevented from watching Benedict, it's probably to do with me being worried I won't get to watch Sherlock in the new year because of family-in-law-obligations!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2, 2016 9:56 pm  #87

*grinning* somehow I can totally feel for you.

Amazing what crazy ideas our brains come up with when we're dreaming. And my dreams always have this weird smooth change from one situation to another, too. ;)

And it's time to present you a dream I've had quite a while ago. I wrote it down, so that I am able now to tell you, because this has to be one of the sweetest and loveliest dreams ever:

It is a mixed Benedict and Martin dream. Somehow they are guests in my hometown (which in itself is soooo unlikely in real life as it is a not so important town in Germany). And somehow we meet and are heading for the same destination in town. We three are sitting in a car and because my dreams are weird I don't know who is sitting where and who is driving. (The car could be driving automatically, or me, or one of them is driving...).
 OK, so we are driving and at first we are rather unfamiliar with each other. But somehow I manage to start a conversation with them. A very very casual, unforced and pleasent conversation! As I said, they wanted to go to some place and as I am a local I am navigating and giving them tips. I remember that most of the time I was speaking English but after a short time Benedict and Martin suddenly began to speak German and I answered in German without realising that they switched the language at first. I was very surprised by how fluent they are and also told them this. We continue our pleasent conversation, sometimes in English, sometimes in German. (Sadly I don't remember any concrete sentence or topic.) Ben and Martin don't even have an accent, but it is clear that they aren't native speakers (I guess because all three of us know that, well, the two of them are actors from England^^). We got along really well with each other and we were joking and laughing (still sitting in the car). And I was convinced that we formed a good friendship through this onetime occasion; that they would remember me and that there would be meet-ups in future times now and again.
Oh believe me, this feeling of joking and laughing together, innocent like children, was priceless.

Sorry for the extent use of the word 'somehow'. But thats the thing with (my) dreams. Things just happen and some circumstances are just fixed from the start.

Last edited by Rache (December 2, 2016 10:04 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 2, 2016 10:08 pm  #88

It's OK to use "somehow" several time while describing a dream.  That's how we describe dream logic, right? Sounds like you had a fun dream, anyway!

ukaunz wrote:

I'm sure there's a Freudian meaning behind my being prevented from watching Benedict, it's probably to do with me being worried I won't get to watch Sherlock in the new year because of family-in-law-obligations!

That's always possible.  I've wondered about what kind of meaning my recurring dream theme of being about to perform a play and not knowing any of my lines.

Clueing for looks.

December 17, 2016 12:32 am  #89

I loved reading the dreams you've had haha!

I had a dream that I was walking down the road of typical old English village and in the main square I sat down on a picnic bench and all around me was set up like a Christmas market with fake snow and an ice rink (not really an ice rink it was more just like a patch of ice that people were skating and sliding about on) and I was a bit confused but then I realised I'd accidentally wandered on to the set of a movie. The director asked if I wanted to be an extra and I said ok. On the other side of the square was a little book shop and sitting in the window was Benedict who was looking out of the window at the Christmas market with a kind of longing look on his face. He came out of the shop and pulled his coat around him and that's where the scene ended. We had to do the scene few times and after it was finished I joined some people over on the ice who were having fun sliding about. I slid and bumped into someone and when I looked up it was Benedict. I apologised and said hello and he said hello and kind of tousled my hair and walked away. Later during a break I bumped into him as he came out of Sainsburys and we laughed and got talking and then walked back together to the book shop he was in before. We went inside and we were having a good chat but then I looked out of the window and said "Oh my god there are penguins outside" and Benedict didn't believe me at first but when he looked outside he saw there actually were penguins outside and they were dancing! We both started laughing and he said "I don't remember that being in the script". Then his phone started ringing but it turns out it wasn't actually his phone it was my phone, my real phone and my alarm was going off and it woke me up. I was so upset to wake up from that dream!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 17, 2016 3:23 am  #90

What a lovely and strange dream!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 17, 2016 11:11 am  #91

My dreams are usually pretty weird, my brother says he dreams about things like going down the road to get milk but I usually dream about things like aliens and dancing penguins haha. I'm not sure if it was because I wrote about my last dream yesterday but I had a Sherlock dream last night! I was on set and Mary and John had moved into a windmill and had to pretend they were Irish! Mark Gatiss was telling me all about the TV and film industry because I said I wanted to get involved. It changed after that and I was in a movie about a tsunami directed by David Attenborough haha. I always enjoy remembering my dreams, although sometimes I'm a little disappointed they're only dreams

Last edited by Lis (December 17, 2016 11:13 am)

December 17, 2016 11:29 am  #92

I love remembering my funnier dreams; it helps reminding me it's not all awful nightmares!

I had a sherlock dream too last night too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 17, 2016 11:58 am  #93

Oh no, nightmares, not good! Hope you don't get them too often!

Ooh high fives for Sherlock dream

December 17, 2016 12:49 pm  #94

Thanks! *high fives back!*

I posted about it in the Sherlock forum 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 17, 2016 2:04 pm  #95

Lis wrote:

My dreams are usually pretty weird, my brother says he dreams about things like going down the road to get milk but I usually dream about things like aliens and dancing penguins haha. I'm not sure if it was because I wrote about my last dream yesterday but I had a Sherlock dream last night! I was on set and Mary and John had moved into a windmill and had to pretend they were Irish! Mark Gatiss was telling me all about the TV and film industry because I said I wanted to get involved. It changed after that and I was in a movie about a tsunami directed by David Attenborough haha. I always enjoy remembering my dreams, although sometimes I'm a little disappointed they're only dreams

Lovely dreams, Lis!
And I think my dreams are like your dreams.
1. I love it, too, when I remember my dreams, doesn't matter if they are good or bad dreams.
2. My dreams are weird, too. Very often I dream about things that aren't even possible by the laws of physics and nature. :D

Edit: Oh, now that I wrote this I just remembered a weird experience from last night. It has nothing to do with Benedict or Sherlock, but I feel like I have to write it down, because this never happened to me before. It was a kind of Inception-like dream. I was very exhausted from last week and extremely tired when I went to bed yesterday.  Maybe this was a reason for the weird things.
I only remember that I had a nightmarish dream. Something realistically bad happened in my dream (I really don't remember it) , and I thought, oh please, this has to be dream, it has to be a nightmare. This is so bad, I don't want it to be real. Wait, I think I really am dreaming. In my dream I looked down on my hands, hoping to pull myself out of that dream. (In reality, I read a bit about lucid dreaming some months ago. And a trick to check if you are in a dream apparently is to a) ask yourself how you got there and b) count your fingers, because they said in dreams it often happens that you have eleven fingers for example. This should make you suspicous and help you to realise that you are dreaming.) This was the first dream ever since, that I managed to look at my hands with that in mind. I think my hands looked quite normal and had their usual ten fingers, but something must have made me suspicious nontheless. Maybe it was only the fact, that I remembered I should check my fingers, an information that came from a place where I haven't been dreaming. And for sure, I was taken out of that dream, being very relieved that I was right and the bad thing really was only a dream. But I was thinking this only in another dream!!! I realise this now, as I remember this dream/these dreams.
So I either woke up from a dream within a dream, or maybe I woke up in reality for a second and fell asleep immediately afterwards, so that I don't remeber that I have been awake. Crazy stuff!!! I don't remember what happened in the second dream, either, but it was something totally different and not nightmarish.

Last edited by Rache (December 17, 2016 2:48 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

January 21, 2017 7:39 am  #96

Not five minutes ago Benedict was eating apricot jam from a jar in my kitchen, Sherlock style, and I kissed him on his forehead and said, Don't be so sad about Trump, it's gonna be alright.

O.o
ROFL

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 21, 2017 8:39 am  #97

Aw...I did recently dream about Sherlock, but I cannot remember it now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2017 2:48 pm  #98

Wow, ewige! That's quite the little domestic scene to dream about!

Clueing for looks.

January 21, 2017 3:09 pm  #99

That's a sweet dream!

I had one a few days ago... It was pretty weird (but a lot of my dreams are) I was stuck on some campus/school place and walked from room to room... I stumbled into a few class rooms, thinking they were doors to corridors... and slowly I realized it was an acting and performance academy. One of the places I stumbled into was a sort of makeup 'store' and there were some girls talking about "omg, have you heard he is supposed to be here today?" I wondered who, the girls were pretty giddy about it. 

In the end I was getting a bit desperate... no matter where I went I just got more lost. I ended up working on mustering up the courage to talk to a stranger and ask for directions. I chose a man who was standing with his back to me and carefully asked him "Sorry, can I ask you something?" he turned around... and guess who! Benedict!
I was so shocked I tried to say something like "sorry... I'm sorry I bothered you" and he was so sweet and talked to me for a short time. He even gave me an autograph and stuff... 

And after... I was still lost... xD 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 21, 2017 3:10 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 21, 2017 7:45 pm  #100

I've just remembered!
Obviously it was protective amnesia and my brain as trying to help me forget.
It was either on Sunday or Monday night, after one of my viewings of TFP:
I dreamed about an incestuous relationship between Sherlock and Eurus...I wish I hadn't remembered that one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera