BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2016 8:00 pm  #1301

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Not stupid at all, Phantom!  I'm excited about getting the Christmas/New Year radio times, and seeing it in there!

Last edited by Liberty (December 1, 2016 8:06 pm)

December 1, 2016 8:08 pm  #1302

Yeah, that picture gives me a feel as if it was as horror series more than a drama series.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 1, 2016 8:23 pm  #1303

It's also very dream-like.  I really like it. 

December 1, 2016 8:33 pm  #1304

It's beautifully done, but it still creeps me out.

Liberty, do you think I should mark that Radio Times link I posted as a spoiler?

Last edited by ukaunz (December 1, 2016 8:33 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2016 9:06 pm  #1305

Wow, things start to get real now!!!

And yeah, that pic is absolutely dream-like. To be honest it immediatly reminded me of Inception. You know these scenes when they go into dream-state. They sit sleeping and motionless in chairs, have pulse measurement on their finger...

Last edited by Rache (December 1, 2016 9:07 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 1, 2016 10:00 pm  #1306

ukaunz wrote:

It's beautifully done, but it still creeps me out.

Liberty, do you think I should mark that Radio Times link I posted as a spoiler?

No, I think it's fine as this is as "spoiler" thread and it's freely available information in a popular TV guide.  I just mentioned it because I've known people to say that the Radio Times can be a bit free with its spoilers, and wanted to mention that just in general, in case people were trying to avoid them.  But, now that you mention it, a spoiler thread isn't the best place for me to do that! 

December 1, 2016 10:16 pm  #1307

No actually I'm glad you did point it out, because I'm trying to be careful of spoilers (she says, as she posts to a spoiler thread! ) I'm trying to avoid setlock spoilers, really. I stayed away from this thread while that was happening, but I'm aware there is a chance someone might bring something up when discussing new material, so I just sort of pop in and out without reading too much. If Radio Times has been known to let stuff like that slip in the past, I will avoid them from now on. I naively assumed a site like that would only print things that the Beeb released. So, thanks for the heads up

Last edited by ukaunz (December 1, 2016 10:17 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2, 2016 8:00 am  #1308

Oh, it may well be officially released by the BBC.  The Radio Times used to be the BBC's own publication, with only BBC programmes listed.  Perhaps there's still a special relationship, and they get a little bit more information than other TV guides?  Anyway, I remember that with the last season of Doctor Who they had an episode guide which gave quite a lot of detail in advance - obviously not endings or full stories, but more detail than everybody would want to know beforehand, similar to the synopsis you might find on the back of a book.  I only started watching Sherlock after S3, so I don't know if they did for Sherlock too.   I don't think there are any real surprises in the quote you posted, though!  (Apart from me being mildy suprised that they were doing such a straight copy of The Six Napoleons, but I'm sure there will be a lot more to it than that!).

I'm now thinking about what evidence could be hidden in a painting, and recovered. Something in the canvas, or the paint?  A message written on the canvas?  A code? Drugs could be hidden but difficult to recover from the paint!

Last edited by Liberty (December 2, 2016 8:05 am)

December 2, 2016 10:44 am  #1309

I found this interesting bit. Someone asked their classmates of film literature class to analyse that picture They hadn't seen the show (but know the names of the characters) so their analysis are without contect. And I found it quite interesting:

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/221bsweetheart/153917181123

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 2, 2016 12:09 pm  #1310

Vhanja wrote:

I found this interesting bit. Someone asked their classmates of film literature class to analyse that picture They hadn't seen the show (but know the names of the characters) so their analysis are without contect. And I found it quite interesting:

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/221bsweetheart/153917181123

Following that link does not lead me to the interpretation of the teaser. Is it just me or a problem with the link?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 2, 2016 4:11 pm  #1311

You're right, odd link. I took a screenshot of it.

Team Hudders!

December 2, 2016 4:30 pm  #1312

Thank you. That is a very interesting interpretation. I love the detail about the books behind them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 2, 2016 5:59 pm  #1313

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to go take another look at the trailer now. ;)

December 2, 2016 10:57 pm  #1314

What a lovely quote by Amanda:

It’s about Sherlock and John, and I don’t want Mary to become the third wheel. I want the show to be about them, really.
—      Crime Scene Magazine

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 2, 2016 11:01 pm  #1315

Oh!

And isn't it how it is supposed to be? Taking Canon into consideration

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 2, 2016 11:07 pm  #1316

Indeed. There is always two of them. Not three. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2016 6:57 pm  #1317

I agree.

December 4, 2016 5:46 am  #1318

ukaunz wrote:

Redbeard?

Does anyone think the character with the hat in the drawing looks military? Another possible clue?

December 4, 2016 8:19 am  #1319

Definitely looks military.  The drawing reminds me of Tintin, but I think he was Belgian and I think that's a British cap, although this is way outside my field of expertise!

December 4, 2016 12:58 pm  #1320

Tintin was Belgian, and I do see the resemblance! Especially when placed with the dog. 

The dog is not new, but I think the drawing is? (I was playing Sherlock - The Network all night last night on my new phone xD) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera