BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2016 8:51 am  #41

Re: BFI screening with panel and Q&A on 12 January

Going back to the original topic, is anyone on this forum who would definitely go if they can get a ticket? Since I'm a BFI member I will try to buy tickets during the exclusive presale. The number of tickets one can buy is limited to 2 so I could try to get a spare ticket.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 6, 2016 11:45 am  #42

Yay, I'm going with a friend! It's sold out now. Did anyone else manage to book tickets?

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 6, 2016 11:59 am  #43

That's awesome diva! Lucky you, I'm so jealous  You're going to have an amazing time! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6, 2016 12:13 pm  #44

Thank you! It's a bit crazy because I'll be in London twice within a week. I'm going to a David Bowie tribute show on Sunday (which means I'll miss the first broadcast of episode 2!!!) and fly home on Monday. Back to work on Tuesday and two days later I'll be back to London for the BFI event. Need to return to Europe on the very next day because I have tickets for two Rufus Wainwright shows in the Netherlands on Friday and Saturday. Will probably end up dead tired at home on Sunday afternoon and try to catch up on sleep before episode 3 airs on tv.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 6, 2016 12:32 pm  #45

Have fun Diva! Congrats! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 6, 2016 12:41 pm  #46

I got tickets too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rehearsed a few times so I could book them faster and it worked. It feels surreal. I'm so excited. I can't believe I'm going to London! (I don't like flying and I don't like leaving my ill son behind... so it takes a mighty powerful thing to get me out of the house!) I'm so grateful that I get to go. Sherlock has been my most effective therapy for dealing with my son for years now. I wish everyone could go. 

I solemnly swear not to post spoilers of any kind.  xo

December 6, 2016 12:44 pm  #47

Have a great trip, OpalJade! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 6, 2016 12:56 pm  #48

Congratulations to those with tickets! Not to be too cheeky, but if anyone has a spare for sale then please PM me. ;) ;) ;)

December 6, 2016 1:37 pm  #49

Thanks everyone!

(Sorry zeroiowa, I'm using both tickets. Someone had a draw on Tumblr for S3 pre-screening last time... might want to try there?)

December 6, 2016 6:05 pm  #50

Congratulations OpalJade and Diva!  How exciting!  I hope you both have a wonderful time!

December 7, 2016 11:27 am  #51

Thank you Liberty! I still can't believe that I'm going to see the third episode on the big screen and three days before it airs on tv.

OpalJade I'm so happy you managed to get a ticket. How exciting to travel across the ocean for Sherlock!

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

January 12, 2017 12:31 pm  #52

It's today!
Still feels so unreal. I'm not yet over the emotional impact of TLD so how am I supposed to cope with TFP tonight? And I won't be able to talk about it until it has aired on Sunday. But I promise to keep my mouth shut about the content, don't want to spoil things for anyone.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

January 12, 2017 12:41 pm  #53

Have fun! You can talk about the non-spoilery stuff or not? I would love to hear your experience.

And thank you for reminding us. I am contemplating staying off the Sherlock-related part of the internet. Tumblr & Twitter for sure, not 100% sure what to do about the forum.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 12, 2017 1:01 pm  #54

YES, thank you for the heads-up!
Have fun! Thank you for not spoiling us!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 12, 2017 1:03 pm  #55

Knowing that screening is taking place today is going to drive me mad.
I don't know that I'll be able to resist the temptation to go hunting for spoilers.
Although I'll admit, I didn't find any huge spoilers out there for TLD after it's screening.
The finale might be a different matter though.  Depending on what goes down in the story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2017 1:25 pm  #56

I know I'll be extra careful about Tumblr etc... 

Have fun Diva!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2017 2:06 pm  #57

Oh yeah the screening is today! Have a good time Diva!

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 12, 2017 4:55 pm  #58

Thank you all!
I hope people won't post spoilers on tumblr or twitter but if you want to be certain you might avoid these places until Sunday. I didn't see many spoilers after the TLD preview but that one took place only a few hours before the episode aired on television. I think this forum is safe, we are all waiting for Sunday night to discuss TFP.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

January 12, 2017 5:00 pm  #59

tonnaree wrote:

Knowing that screening is taking place today is going to drive me mad.
I don't know that I'll be able to resist the temptation to go hunting for spoilers.
Although I'll admit, I didn't find any huge spoilers out there for TLD after it's screening.
The finale might be a different matter though.  Depending on what goes down in the story.

This is so me !!
I know I won't be able to resist : I will go spoilers-hunting tonight ! I NEED to know if Mycroft dies, this is a matter of national security ! Because I will start WWIII if they dare to kill Mycroft ! 

January 12, 2017 5:59 pm  #60

I like spoilers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera