BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2016 12:29 pm  #1

BFI screening with panel and Q&A on 12 January

The BFI links to not work, you will have to search for previews. 

It seems to take place on 12 January, i.e. between episode 2 and 3. What is remarkable IMO is the fact that Martin will be there after doing no Sherlock events for years. Just him and Benedict, it seems. 
Sadly, there will be spoilers all over the internet, I suppose, so if you do no want this, you will have to stay away from social media for three days. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 27, 2016 12:32 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2016 1:17 pm  #2

Re: BFI screening with panel and Q&A on 12 January

Oh, that sounds awesome!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 27, 2016 1:24 pm  #3

On the one hand, yes. On the other hand another exclusive event for only a very small group of people. And three days before the third episode airs - well. I am a bit torn, tbh. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2016 1:41 pm  #4

Mysterious and disturbing, indeed. But great to hear that Martin will be there. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 27, 2016 2:55 pm  #5

I can't read what the picture says from my cell phone.
Ah well. They surely won't spoil the ending, will they??
Yay for Marting being there too.
Meh for it being apparently the real end of everything, seeing how much extra stuff (this q&a and also the cinema screenings) is happening around the last episode.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 27, 2016 3:38 pm  #6

I will have to stay off Tumblr and Facebook at that time. 

Great for those who can attend though! Just like the TAB thing that isn't even shown in certain countries... *whistles* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 27, 2016 4:11 pm  #7

I assume it will be up on YouTube very quickly. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

November 27, 2016 4:12 pm  #8

ewige wrote:

I can't read what the picture says from my cell phone.
Ah well. They surely won't spoil the ending, will they??
Yay for Marting being there too.
Meh for it being apparently the real end of everything, seeing how much extra stuff (this q&a and also the cinema screenings) is happening around the last episode.

What "extra" stuff?  Honestly, except for the theater screenings I haven't seen a lot of extra.  I"m sure they decided to do another theater screening after seeing how successful the one for TAB was.

I still believe with all my heart that there will be a S5 of Sherlock.  I just think they are preparing us for an even longer wait than usual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 27, 2016 5:46 pm  #9

I think the longer wait can happen only after they resolved the main story arc which is imo the unique relationship between Sherlock and John.
If TPTB go for a shocking ending (John and Sherlock kiss or Moriarty is revealed as Sherlock's evil brother or the whole story is revealed to be Victorian Sherlock's MP or...) I can imaging a Q&A session being handy afterwards. I also can imagine shell-shocked fans who just stare at the infamous duo on the stage, having no idea which of the billion questions to ask

-----

November 27, 2016 6:00 pm  #10

Actually there are three events we should distinguish between: 

1. TAB screenings with series 4 introduction by Mark on 7 December US)
2. The special Sherlock event on 9 December: http://www.bafta.org/whats-on/a-celebration-of-sherlock
3. The BFI pre-view of episode 3 on 12 January with Benedict and Martin panel/Q&A

So only episode 3 will get a pre-view, not ep. 1 as with series 2 and 3. 

If you wants to stay away from spoilers, you will probably have to stay away from all media between 12 and 15 January, of that I am sure. 
I am also quite sure that the panel will concentrate on whatever happens between Sherlock and John on the show. If it was about the story as such, they would surely have invited the writers. But as far as I know, only Martin and Benedic will be present, Martin's first Sherlock event for years. So this must be something special. If it was the end of the show, I would expect the whole team to be present, not just these two. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 27, 2016 6:12 pm)

November 27, 2016 6:53 pm  #11

Wow!  I'm actually a member so I might try to get a ticket, even though it means I have to cancel other plans I have already made for that week in January. The date of the screening three days before it airs on tv is really a bit not good, all the fans have to stay offline for three days to avoid spoilers. That being said, if I manage to attend the preview I promise not to post any spoilers. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 27, 2016 7:01 pm  #12

Mmm what about posting those spoilers in a dedicated thread?

-----

November 27, 2016 7:03 pm  #13

Anyone is free to open a thread for that. Not sure if we can keep spoilers out completely, though. This would require everyone to agree not to post them anywhere else in the spoiler threads. But I was not just speaking about this forum but about tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, everything if you really want to keep away from this. 

I think we had such a thread for a S3 pre-view if I remember correctly. I did not look into it myself so I cannot say what happened there but we managed to keep things from leaking, I think. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 27, 2016 7:06 pm)

November 27, 2016 7:05 pm  #14

ewige wrote:

Mmm what about posting those spoilers in a dedicated thread?

I guess that would be ok if it is clearly tagged. What I'm more afraid of are spoilers posted on twitter, facebook et al.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 27, 2016 7:07 pm  #15

I will probably be in London from 13 January. If people start throwing rainbow confetti in the streets, I will know Johnlock is Canon. 

November 27, 2016 7:11 pm  #16

I might be misunderstanding something, but isn't it odd to have such a panel between two episodes? That means there will still be a lot of stuff they can't talk about. Wouldn't it be better if they did it after all three episodes had aired so that they could answer all questions regarding S4?

Team Hudders!

November 27, 2016 7:23 pm  #17

Vhanja wrote:

I might be misunderstanding something, but isn't it odd to have such a panel between two episodes? That means there will still be a lot of stuff they can't talk about. Wouldn't it be better if they did it after all three episodes had aired so that they could answer all questions regarding S4?

Apparently e3 will premiere before the q&a.

I know I won't be going near facebook etc. during those days but I'd love to be coming here to discuss theories

-----

November 27, 2016 7:26 pm  #18

Ah, so special screening before the Q&A. 

Yup, then I get it. Staying far away from any social media until I've seen all three episodes.

Team Hudders!

November 27, 2016 7:26 pm  #19

They will be showing the 3rd episode too, as I understand it. 

And I know I'm bitter (also about the TAB thing) but once again European fans are being snubbed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 27, 2016 7:36 pm  #20

Wait.
The actual link that's woorking now says that the panelists are yet to be confirmed:

"Check back here for confirmation on panelists."

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/default.asp?BOparam%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle%3A%3Apermalink=sherlockpaneldiscussion&BOparam%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle%3A%3Acontext_id

Benedict and Martin are stated there as the main cast, not as the panelists, apparently.

-----

Board footera