BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2016 11:50 am  #121

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Interesting about the lady also wearing the same outfit and hat

Maybe it's a rushed christening? People didn't have the time to get new outfits so soon? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 24, 2016 11:55 am  #122

Don't rush christenings usually happen in a hospital?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 24, 2016 12:00 pm  #123

John's face... so serious

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 24, 2016 12:14 pm  #124

I think the Top Secret files must be related to Moriarty. Thinking back to the trailer, Lady Smallwood says:
"We brought you back to deal with this; what are you going to do?"
"You say you know what he's going to do next..."

I think the christening is sombre because Mary is either sick/injured in hospital, or dead. So that would leave a motherless baby to deal with...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 24, 2016 2:12 pm  #125

Those are not happy pictures.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 24, 2016 2:55 pm  #126

Isn´t there a possibility that the pic with Mrs. Hudson on it can be related to something different - some issue concerning Mrs. Hudson only? And Sherlock and Lestrade are there to help with the investigation of her case? Considering there is no Mary nor John anywhere on that picture...

The board behind Mycroft is interesting. The date - could it be the birth date of his third brother, Sherrinford? 1895 5-th of December? (Sherlock was born 1981 6-thof January, so could it be some younger brother or a relative?)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 24, 2016 3:02 pm  #127

nakahara wrote:

Isn´t there a possibility that the pic with Mrs. Hudson on it can be related to something different - some issue concerning Mrs. Hudson only? And Sherlock and Lestrade are there to help with the investigation of her case? Considering there is no Mary nor John anywhere on that picture...

The board behind Mycroft is interesting. The date - could it be the birth date of his third brother, Sherrinford? 1895 5-th of December? (Sherlock was born 1981 6-thof January, so could it be some younger brother or a relative?)

If that is a baptism in that photo, John and Mary's position would be behind where the camera is facing.  
Just saying.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 24, 2016 5:44 pm  #128

Those pics leave me excited and Thriller and scared. How many days until it airs???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 24, 2016 5:46 pm  #129

Here are some interior shots from Margam Abbey where the supposed christening was shot:

http://isitandwonder.tumblr.com/post/153598472471/mylastvow-isitandwonder-some-interior-shots

It could be very well the setting for both pics. 

Same here, Schmiezi!

Last edited by SusiGo (November 24, 2016 5:46 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 24, 2016 7:14 pm  #130

John's wedding ring is back in the group picture! 

I'm catching up and loving all the speculation.   Thanks for the pictures!

I'm confident that a christening wouldn't be shown for the sake of it, but only if it was part of the plot.  I do wonder why they've particularly dressed extras in their wedding outfits - although it's not actually that odd for people to have the same "dress" outfit to wear to these similar occasions, it looks as if they're making a point of it, almost recreating the wedding (a year later?).   Which could mean mind palace, of course.  Or possibly mean that there's something odd about the wedding, something we didn't know about. 

I do think it looks like there's a christening font in the Mrs Hudson picture.  She and Sherlock could be there as godparents (John and Mary had a church wedding, so might have a church christening with godparents).    If the baby had passed away, I think it would be unusual to have a christening ceremony like that, with the font.  I would expect a private christening (if there was to be one), and a funeral service.  But I suppose it could happen. Sorry to be so gloomy.  It's not a nice subject, but I know a child death is a possibility for the series. 

November 24, 2016 7:23 pm  #131

Could it be a somber Christening because Mary is dead?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 24, 2016 7:27 pm  #132

Vhanja wrote:

Could it be a somber Christening because Mary is dead?

I think it could.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 24, 2016 8:25 pm  #133

I still think Mrs. Hudson can be emotional because some of her family had died, it must not neccessarily be because of Watsons...

(OK, it´s not very likely, but I don´t like the doom and gloom coming out of these photos and I´m trying to find other possible explanations....)

What do you think about John´s expression on "his" photograph? Is he angry? Amused? Neutral? Resignated? Proud to be a father? i can´t quite decide on it....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 24, 2016 8:43 pm  #134

It also occured to me we don´t have even one photograph of Sherlock and John together, alone. Only one of Sherlock being around Watsons strolling with their baby.... 

November 24, 2016 11:25 pm  #135

He looks stoic to me. Something bad has happened, but he's keeping a stiff upper lip

Mrs Hudson is not crying in the pic, so maybe it's not yet a matter of life and death, just serious.

When did John not have his wedding ring? Is that from setlock?

I think the case number is likely to contain the year (1982) but I'm not sure about the other letters and numbers. The D is probably for "D Notice".

November 25, 2016 7:33 am  #136

Apparently, John didn't have a wedding ring in a similar picture recently (it was in Empire magazine, so we don't have clear pictures here, but Vhanja said it was reported on tumblr). 

I think that snapshots of expressions can be really difficult to judge, as people's faces are mobile.  And Una has such lovely, big, soulful eyes, that Mrs Hudson might look sad when she isn't.  Maybe she's exasperated, as is often the case.  Maybe the baby is crying and she's worried about her. Maybe somebody told a bad joke!   I can't judge John's either, but he doesn't look like he's at his child's funeral.

November 25, 2016 7:41 am  #137

ukaunz wrote:

Mrs Hudson is not crying in the pic, so maybe it's not yet a matter of life and death, just serious.

There have been reports of John not having his ring in this picture.
While Mrs. Hudson is shocked, Sherlock on her side looks like he always knew that the event was coming. Maybe Mary is apprehanded right in the middle of the christening?

Last edited by ewige (November 25, 2016 7:42 am)

-----

November 25, 2016 7:45 am  #138

And I think the board behind Mycroft must be a screen used for a presentation of sorts. Because such information woldn't be left hanging on a board in the middle of a building for 100 years, right?

-----

November 25, 2016 7:51 am  #139

Yes I thought it looked like an LCD screen or similar.

November 25, 2016 7:58 am  #140

ewige wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

There have been reports of John not having his ring in this picture.
While Mrs. Hudson is shocked, Sherlock on her side looks like he always knew that the event was coming. Maybe Mary is apprehanded right in the middle of the christening?

I like that idea! John looking determined to continue the Christening instead of reacting to that... Interesting!

Board footera