BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2016 10:17 am  #1701

Re: Chit-chat

We don't do Guy Fawkes night in Australia, but I will forever associate 5th Nov with Sherlock...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2016 5:17 pm  #1702

We don't celebrate it in Canada, either, but I still know that it's Guy Fawkes Day now.  I do have Sherlock assocations with it, too, though.

Clueing for looks.

November 6, 2016 1:44 am  #1703

I always personally associated it with V for Vendetta (after becoming aware of it, of course), but yes, it was very fascinating seeing it used in Sherlock!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 8, 2016 5:56 pm  #1704

I almost forgot to mention that this past weekend marked a year since I saw Benedict in Hamlet at the cinema.

Clueing for looks.

November 8, 2016 7:46 pm  #1705

I love those memories! *throws more glitter!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 8, 2016 7:53 pm  #1706

I was not expecting the glitter celebration, but I have enjoyed it!

Clueing for looks.

November 10, 2016 2:56 am  #1707

That meeting sounds like a lot of fun!

Clueing for looks.

November 10, 2016 7:12 am  #1708

My fingers are crossed!

And those meetings sounds awesome! I happy you have those to go to!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 17, 2016 8:55 pm  #1709

Sounds really interesting.

November 17, 2016 9:23 pm  #1710

That looks awesome and fun! If I could I think I'd go see it too! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 18, 2016 12:38 pm  #1711

Happy birthday, Steven!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 18, 2016 6:19 pm  #1712

I hope he's being celebrated! He brought a lot of good to a lot of people!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 19, 2016 9:00 pm  #1713

Well, even if there aren't many others, I'm sure his family did!

Also, I see you've changed your picture for the Christmas season here on the forum as well!

Clueing for looks.

November 19, 2016 9:52 pm  #1714

I should hope so!

And yep, I know it's a bit early though (and it's definitely a light bulb and not anything else *coughs*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 21, 2016 8:22 pm  #1715

Okay, tonight is not the worst... 

When I ordered groceries for home delivery tomorrow I treated myself to some really cheap chocolates (that would probably taste horrible) but it was what I could afford... turns out they can't deliver that; so they have replaced it with high end luxury chocolates at the same cost. 

Oh, and today I bought my Christmas present from the family... a new phone as my current one is failing misserably after 2 years. I'm surprised it's lasted this long actually. It's been on the ground so, so many times! Thank goodness for my TARDIS/221 B cover saving it every time.  

It's a massive stone off my chest. I've been 'allowed' to keep it with me until Christmas in case my current phone breaks completely. My phone is massively important to me with my anxiety. So now I don't have to freak out each time it randomly restarts or freezes 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 22, 2016 12:26 am  #1716

That's nice, getting the better chocolates instead of the cheap ones.  I hope they taste good!

Clueing for looks.

November 22, 2016 9:24 am  #1717

Ahhhh. the chocolates are nice, but the deliver turned sour. 

The delivery guy didn't knock, just put the stuff outside my door... which is okay I suppose... just not when I have a tiny, tiny flat and is already storing 3 boxes from last delivery and they have this scheme where they take back the boxes from last time. I now have 4 of those stupid boxes. I can't get rid of them myself because I don't have access to a car to take me to a recycling place... (which is why I order groceries for home delivery too). 

So yeah, I called customer service and explained my case and got a testy lady on the phone who started blaming me for the problem. It clearly stated that they were taking the boxes back. But she told me they never promised that the delivery guy would knock... okay... she then told me I was supposed to put the boxes outside my door... which it never said anywhere either. Plus! I live in a student building and my door is leading to a common area that can't be cluttered. People have been thrown out of their flats for less! I also explained that to her... 

I normally complain via emails... and now I know why. lol. It went from me being pretty patient, and anyone who met me would know it takes a lot for me to actually get mad or express that I'm mad. But I did... 

Well, she has now organized for the delivery guy to come back within an hour, and this time he should knock... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 22, 2016 7:59 pm  #1718

That sounds frustrating, a customer service person on the phone blaming you for stuff.  That happened to my mom once, and it was already a crappy situation and she didn't need someone who didn't know her telling her she's done something wrong.

Clueing for looks.

November 22, 2016 8:05 pm  #1719

At least I didn't shout at her... and I got her to understand the problem so yeah. 

I usually try hard to be nice when calling customer service etc... I've had my fair share of bad experiences from the other end. From threats about my health and safety when manning phones at a job center for 6 months; to the just awkward situation of calling people who had taken their children out of a hospital childhood obesity program to ask what the child and parents weighed today. 

But yeah... that lady was just doing everything wrong. She pretty much assumed I hadn't bothered reading the terms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 24, 2016 9:06 pm  #1720

Happy everything from me too! I always thought Thanksgiving was a lovely tradition! 

And well, Black Friday came in handy today... I managed to get most of my Christmas presents in almost empty stores... apparently people are waiting until tomorrow to get their shopping done. 
I know I could have used with the discounts but it's not worth the panic attacks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera