BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2012 11:02 am  #1

Sherlock Themed Ice creams

From red scharlach tumblr via Baker Street Babes

Last edited by JaneCo (August 21, 2012 11:04 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 21, 2012 11:22 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Themed Ice creams

Brilliant! Now...which one to choose...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 21, 2012 11:47 am  #3

I feel a poll coming on 

August 21, 2012 12:04 pm  #4

Now that's very tempting. And it's great to see our gorgeous German word "Schadenfreude" in it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2012 6:13 pm  #5

Is Schadenfreude an english word as well?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

September 3, 2012 6:20 pm  #6

I think it is. Like angst and weltschmerz. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2012 6:22 pm  #7

Ronny Dax wrote:

Is Schadenfreude an english word as well?

Not English per se, but we know what it means and use it in our speech. Just like "je ne sais quoi" and "ennui."

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 3, 2012 6:22 pm  #8

Kindergarten 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 3, 2012 6:27 pm  #9

Wienerschnitzel.

^^Oh crap, there is my American love of fast food rearing its ugly head.*

*For those who don't have American culture on the brain 24-7, Wienerschnitzel is a fast food restaurant which serves hot dogs. I think. I do not live near a Wienerschnitzel, nor would I be a patron. Hot dogs...ew.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 3, 2012 6:33 pm  #10

Why don't they serve Wienerschnitzel at Wienerschnitzel? 

September 3, 2012 6:38 pm  #11

Because we're Americans and it is OUR concept of the culture, dang it!

No really, I don't know. I haven't eaten pork in at least five years, and I've been a vegetarian for the past two. That place isn't even on my radar.

September 3, 2012 6:38 pm  #12

Mattlocked wrote:

Why don't they serve Wienerschnitzel at Wienerschnitzel? 

...or boots at Boots?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 3, 2012 6:41 pm  #13

What's Boots?

September 3, 2012 6:44 pm  #14

It's The Chemist. Believe it or not you used to be able to borrow books from Boots years ago, like the library.

Last edited by Davina (September 3, 2012 6:44 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 6:50 pm  #15

Interesting. So is the Boots skin care line so named because of The Chemist (the pharmacist or pharmacy here) or...? I like Boots face lotion, by the way.

September 3, 2012 6:52 pm  #16

And there we are again:

[img]http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.11268450.7806/sticker,375x360.png[/img]

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 3, 2012 6:53 pm)

September 3, 2012 6:54 pm  #17

...quoi???

September 3, 2012 6:56 pm  #18

"Boots face lotion" - "I'll skinnnn you and make you into shoes" 

September 3, 2012 6:57 pm  #19

Oh my goodness! I love it! See, that's what being sleep deprived does. It takes me a year to understand a joke. *sigh*

September 3, 2012 6:59 pm  #20

Hey, Mattlocked. Where did your name come from? I ask because, every time I see it, I think of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matlock_(TV_series)

Matlock was a popular television show back in the 80's. My mom loved it.

Board footera