BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 9, 2016 3:01 pm  #61

Re: Donald Trump

(((())))

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2016 3:16 pm  #62

Sending you hugs, tonnaree

Fortunately there are measures in place that will keep him from messing everything up. He can't just repeal marriage equality out of the blue, for example, as I understand it.

Clueing for looks.

November 9, 2016 3:23 pm  #63

Last night, America died.

I’m saddened and angry. Hate triumphed over common decency and human goodness. Everything that is great about this country is going to die. The Statue of Liberty is forever besmirshed by the fact that we elected someone who has shown and encouraged hatred towards immigrants. The fact that he also had the support of the KKK is reprehensible and is disgrace to what Abraham Lincoln stood for. As others have said women, LGBT, hispanics, and other minorities and vulnerable people are in danger. I can only imagine the many ways that he and the republicans are going destroy this country. Dark times are ahead and I have doubts we are going to survive it.

However, the rise of fascism and hate is also going global. Apart from the election of Trump, there is the Brexit and UKIP, there are also fascist candidates rising in Europe from the National Front in France and AFD in Germany. Along the way, we have Vladimir Putin, Climate Change, terrorism and religious extremism coming from the Middle East. I fear for the future of my country and the world in general, it is becoming very sick and mad.

I wish I had hope but its really difficult

Last edited by BrettHolmes (November 9, 2016 3:24 pm)

November 9, 2016 3:56 pm  #64

Yitzock wrote:

Sending you hugs, tonnaree

Fortunately there are measures in place that will keep him from messing everything up. He can't just repeal marriage equality out of the blue, for example, as I understand it.

He can't.  But I am deeply worried about the Supreme Court.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 9, 2016 4:28 pm  #65

What can I say? I definitely have no words for that. Like the Brexit something I couldn't imagine to happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 9, 2016 5:03 pm  #66

It is hard to fathom even as it is happening.

Clueing for looks.

November 9, 2016 5:23 pm  #67

Just to add some salt in the wound, they are reporting that Hillary won the popular vote.  That both pleases me and breaks my heart.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 9, 2016 5:36 pm  #68

The orange monster defeated the lady in beige.

My warmest condolence to all our US-Sherlockians. 

Last edited by Ivy (November 9, 2016 7:08 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 9, 2016 5:59 pm  #69

I still don't know what to say about the election. I try to be calm but I must admit that I am scared for what will happen in the future.

I thought a lot about my American friends today! (((hugs)))

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 9, 2016 8:44 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 9, 2016 6:56 pm  #70

I do love my Sherlockian friends. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 9, 2016 10:32 pm  #71

This might sound trite or silly, but: No matter what happens, at least we still have Sherlock.

Last edited by Yitzock (November 9, 2016 10:32 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 10, 2016 3:42 pm  #72

Guess it's time to start organizing the Tonnaree Post Election World Tour.

Who's willing to put me up for a couple of days in your country and who wants to be first? 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 10, 2016 4:42 pm  #73

Lautrela wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Who's willing to put me up for a couple of days in your country and who wants to be first? 

*raise both hands high* ME !!!
Please come over here tonnaree ! 

Well, you know, I've never been to France.  :-)   and I've always wanted to.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 10, 2016 5:34 pm  #74

Is there room for me and hubby or do I have to leave him at home?  *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 10, 2016 5:35 pm  #75

You're more than welcome to come to Norway, tonnaree!

I've tried to avoid this thread after the election results, becuase I fear my honest opinions might not suit the lovely atmosphere of this forum. Sufficient to say, the results sickens me and it has helped me to draw some conclusions about humanity which I've suspected for a while.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 10, 2016 6:01 pm  #76

Welcome to Germany, Tonnaree + husband. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 10, 2016 6:06 pm  #77

And to Austria too (altho you might want to wait until after our election to be sure you'd want to come over)...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 10, 2016 6:14 pm  #78

tonnaree wrote:

I will try to find out if Trump is reason enough to apply for political asylum in Germany.

Although if I were you I would choose Vhanjas offer to go to Norway.
We have federal elections here next September and I'm not sure if you want to stay here after this, the same goes for France I guess.

Last edited by Ivy (November 10, 2016 8:01 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 10, 2016 7:32 pm  #79

You are all wonderful!
Vhanja, trust me, your opinions are currently shared by a great many people in the US.
Lautrela, just kidding. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 11, 2016 5:01 am  #80

I am heartbroken-- my country just elected a misogynist, racist, megalomaniacal blithering idiot whose only real claim to fame is that he was a reality tv show star-- this jackass is now President of the US. This guy who doesn't believe in global warming, science, human rights, etc, etc, ... As an American, I'm appalled. As a black woman, I'm terrified. If I could move to Germany or Belgium, I would. 

This is just heartbreaking. 

Board footera