BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2016 3:58 pm  #81

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

That's really strange. Also got the early dates. Think that's a mistake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 2, 2016 4:34 pm  #82

Hum. Very strange indeed there's such a discrepancy between DVD and blu-ray... Starting to look like a mistake.

Just in case I've pre-ordered both. (just kidding, I've placed my order ages ago)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 2, 2016 6:31 pm  #83

Wait.... what? The DVDs/Blurays will already be out in (early) January????

This means that I am saved now, if I somehow miss it in television screening. Everything in January would be good enough for me, although I am hoping for the 1. (8.? and 15.) January of course. ;)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 2, 2016 7:51 pm  #84

Amazon have been known to get it wrong.  It does seem VERY unlikely to me that they'd release it before the series has aired.

I'm hoping there's an online version as there was with TAB - buy it and watch it straight away! 

November 2, 2016 8:41 pm  #85

Liberty wrote:

Amazon have been known to get it wrong.  It does seem VERY unlikely to me that they'd release it before the series has aired.

I'm hoping there's an online version as there was with TAB - buy it and watch it straight away! 

That's my plan as well. I bought TAB on iTunes and later the German Blue-Ray (for hubby).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 2, 2016 8:56 pm  #86

A digital version... I had not thought of that. Oooh thank you ladies for reminding me of that, true enough it beats watching and waiting till the DVD arrives.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 2, 2016 10:01 pm  #87

Hahaha the release date's changed again (late January).

Lautrela you were right, there was no reason to panic at all.

November 3, 2016 12:08 am  #88

I enjoyed reading Mr Copperpot's review of the S4 DVD on Amazon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 3, 2016 6:24 am  #89

Ah yes,  Mr. Copperpot's review was nice to read indeed!

November 3, 2016 6:55 am  #90

Strange...

I was about to think the BBC might have ended up doing what one channel at least does here... They have a paid streaming service where you can binge any new show even days before the first episode airs on TV... sometimes it's just the next episode but you can find whole shows too.

But I know I'm a masochist but I sort if like having to wait a week for the next one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2016 7:26 am  #91

Lol a week is nothing though compared to... Well,  years.

November 3, 2016 12:59 pm  #92

Yes, one week is good time to let it sink in (and recover from the shocks to come). :D

Last edited by Rache (November 3, 2016 1:00 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

November 3, 2016 8:00 pm  #93

Yes, I don't mind the one week wait in between.  We can go crazy with all our detailed observations (many of which will be amazing) and theory revisions while we wait for the next.  Our Forum "home" will be abuzz!  .  It will be awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 3, 2016 8:17 pm  #94

I came late to the show (early 2014), so was able to watch S1-3 all at once.  I still preferred to wait a week or so between each episode.  There is quite a lot in each and I felt I needed to process it before seeing the next one!  So yes, I'm more than happy to wait.  A week is nothing!  The whole thing will be over in two weeks!

November 7, 2016 1:38 pm  #95

New Promo picture... and yeah... it's dark. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 7, 2016 1:52 pm  #96

Please forgive me, but the first caption that popped into my head was "Mr Grey will see you now"!  I think it's that stern look. 

Anyway, quite different to the recent ones with John.   He looks like a man on a mission here, very determined.   An east wind is finally coming, I think. 

November 7, 2016 1:54 pm  #97

Oh someone's going to get whipped! 

I prefer Sherlock to Mr Grey any day though *coughs* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 14, 2016 11:58 am  #98

I will write an email to the bbc world news channel and ask them whether they could air Sherlock on their channel on January 1st (or a few days later would be fine too). Because you can receive it nearly everywhere in the world. It would be a treat for all Sherlock fans.
I have close to zero hopes that they will, but I'll give it a try. Who is with me?
The more people ask, the higher the chances!

- - -

Breathing is boring!

November 14, 2016 9:37 pm  #99

Lautrela wrote:

Rache wrote:

I will write an email to the bbc world news channel and ask them whether they could air Sherlock on their channel on January 1st (or a few days later would be fine too). Because you can receive it nearly everywhere in the world. It would be a treat for all Sherlock fans.
I have close to zero hopes that they will, but I'll give it a try. Who is with me?
The more people ask, the higher the chances!

What an excellent idea Rache, of course I'm with you ! What's the address ? 
Is there a common text we can post like for petitions or should we just individually with our own words ?
The idea is so brilliant that I'll rely it on other social medias as well. I'm sure many people will join the action, even though chances are small.

No, I don't know about any petition or anything. I did it on my own. I wrote some kind words to this address:
bbcworldnews@bbc.com

Thanks for your support!

- - -

Breathing is boring!

November 14, 2016 10:01 pm  #100

Interesting idea...

Clueing for looks.

Board footera