BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2014 9:44 pm  #41

Re: Mistakes - anyone notice any?

Well actually I don't think it is a mistake.
Sherlock asks what the blanket is for and Lestrade says it is just for the photos ;).

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 6, 2014 10:06 pm  #42

Hahaha oh yeah I forgot about that!!! ;)

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 7, 2014 2:10 pm  #43

I think that was Moffat wiggling his way out. Just like the 'special conditions' that completely rewrote the German justice system. It was really obvious that Sherlock wasn't in shock, he wasn't even injured. If they were pretending that he was, he wouldn't have been left alone. And what would those photographs be good for anyway? 

May 7, 2014 2:33 pm  #44

Wiggling his way out of what?
It was a joke, nothing else.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 7, 2014 6:41 pm  #45

Yh I think Lestrade arranged it as it was the one time he could get Sherlock to look stupid, and I think most of the others *cough-donovananderson-cough* wouldn't have missed this chance either!!!

- Sherlock Holmes
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 7, 2014 9:16 pm  #46

Maybe you're right. For me it was more like 'oh, another writer who doesn't know the diff'. Still appreciated the joke, though. That's the thing about this show, it's so well written that those little things are soon forgotten. 

May 8, 2014 6:40 am  #47

Yeah, and because it's so great, it's actually fun to look for the mistakes!!! :D

- Sherlock Holmes

October 15, 2016 5:07 pm  #48

One other blooper.  Did anyone else notice that during the taxi ride and "the police don't use amateurs" discussion, John and Sherlock magically change seats and then change back?

October 15, 2016 5:09 pm  #49

Think it has been mentioned before!
I never noticed..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 17, 2016 12:16 pm  #50

cmb711 wrote:

One other blooper.  Did anyone else notice that during the taxi ride and "the police don't use amateurs" discussion, John and Sherlock magically change seats and then change back?

I'd be very surprised if they do.  During the episodes which he directed, Paul McGuigan made a habit during cab journeys of filming random and occasional moments reflected in the cab's rear view mirror.  I don't know why he did it because it just confused people, but he did it quite a lot in Season 1 particularly!

Last edited by Ariane DeVere (October 17, 2016 12:16 pm)

October 17, 2016 1:13 pm  #51

Did it really confuse people? I like those shots in the mirror...

Clueing for looks.

October 17, 2016 4:20 pm  #52

That's what I had thought!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 18, 2016 12:15 pm  #53

Well, they didn't confuse me, and I thought it was obvious that they were reflections, but if there's been more than one "they momentarily swap sides" conversation, I guess that some people didn't realise!

Board footera