BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2016 9:45 pm  #1

Fangirl Magazine interview with Steven and Mark (spoilers)

Here are the most important parts from this audio interview:

Interviewer: So one thing I definitely wanted to talk about was the fact that in this trailer and in The Abominable Bride…it seems like this and with the finale of the last season, Sherlock’s walls have come down, and all of this trauma and all of this history…is coming back up, and he’s going to have to deal with it. In the trailer, it looks like there are some nasty things in store.

MG: The roads we walk have demons beneath, and Sherlock’s have been waiting for a very long time.

Interviewer: Yes! So…can you give anything on that? 

[…] 

MG: No, we can’t, but, you know, your speculations are not unfounded.

SM: Yeah, and I talked about the consequences of being Sherlock Holmes and how that impacts on the world around you and the people you love.

[…] 

Interviewer: With the fact that there is a crossover with Gothic horror within Sherlock Holmes, will you ever do something where there’s more of a heavy horror element?

MG: Wait and see… Yes we have. No spoilers–we’ve said this already–this season, and particularly episode 3, is the most like a Universal horror film that we’ve ever done, and a Universal Rathbone and Bruce film.

SM: It always lurks around Sherlock, doesn’t it? …He doesn’t just investigate crimes. He investigates the supernatural, which always turns out to be a crime…

Full audio here: http://tjlcisthenewsexy.tumblr.com/post/151765941465/tendergingergirl-thesetison-steven-and-mark

Last edited by SusiGo (October 14, 2016 9:17 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 14, 2016 5:49 am  #2

Re: Fangirl Magazine interview with Steven and Mark (spoilers)

Ep 3 is a horror film?! OK, now I'm seriously worried.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

October 14, 2016 8:23 am  #3

Brrrr. Now I'm officially scared!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 14, 2016 9:18 am  #4

Well, it mentions three big themes I expect to see in S4: Sherlock's past/trauma, Sherlock and love and the question of reality/supernatural, i.e. what is real? Can we trust our eyes? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 14, 2016 10:13 am  #5

Interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 14, 2016 12:16 pm  #6

I am giddy with anticipation.
There's just not going to be enough popcorn for S4!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 14, 2016 12:30 pm  #7

Wow. I thought I was already waiting impatiently... Now my impatience has reached an all-time high!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 14, 2016 12:37 pm  #8

I'm excited, but patient.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 14, 2016 12:51 pm  #9

Well, only 2,5 months still to go - it's like nothing in comparison to years of waiting.
Has the air date been confirmed yet? Wikipedia states 1.1 but isn't it more of an informed guess than a fact?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

October 14, 2016 12:57 pm  #10

It has been a tradition!

October 14, 2016 1:00 pm  #11

I haven't seen any official word about the release date actually, but everyone assumes January 1st I assume 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 14, 2016 4:35 pm  #12

If they make us wait longer than January we riot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 14, 2016 4:51 pm  #13

I'm with you! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 14, 2016 6:05 pm  #14

I'm really looking forward to their take on the Rathbone/Bruce films.  I've been rewatching some in anticipation. 

Board footera