BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2012 9:27 am  #1

Caption Competition - Week 2

Here we go people.

You know I wouldn't make it easy! lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 26, 2012 1:06 pm  #2

Re: Caption Competition - Week 2

Lestrade: What do you mean by: 'Vertical stripes make me look slimmer'?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 26, 2012 2:09 pm  #3

Lestrade: Now how did he deduce the thing with the PE teacher?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2012 2:16 am  #4

Sherlock---"My phone's ringing, but where IS  it??!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 27, 2012 2:31 pm  #5

Right Sherlock.  So how are you going to explain this hole in the wall to Mrs. Hudson?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 27, 2012 7:53 pm  #6

"Hmmm... should I tell Sherlock that I'm concerned about his hands? They look so blurry today."

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 28, 2012 3:28 am  #7

Sherlock:  Anderson, your cello, flat, as usual!  Maestro, take it from the top.  2, 3, and...

August 28, 2012 10:39 am  #8

Sherlock: ok so which smart arse stole my harpoon?

August 28, 2012 10:52 am  #9

"Really, Lestrade, the cha cha is elementary. All in the hips, the hips man! Observe!"

Disguise is always a self portrait

August 28, 2012 12:24 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

Lestrade: What do you mean by: 'Vertical stripes make me look slimmer'?

Funny you should put that. I can't come up with a caption (I'm useless at that) but my first reaction to this was that Lestrade had asked Sherlock if he "looked fat in this" and Sherlock had answered LOL. Not that Rupert is fat, of course, but the pose & facial expression....priceless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 30, 2012 10:52 am  #11

It would be typical of Sherlock to give a backhanded complement like this and not even realise that someone could possibly be insulted by it.

August 30, 2012 5:18 pm  #12

sherlockskitty wrote:

Sherlock---"My phone's ringing, but where IS  it??!!"

Lestrade,  did you pin my phone to the wall???!! 

who  wins this week's contest,  hmmm?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 30, 2012 5:33 pm  #13

Not been a week yet Skitty. Don't be too curious...you know what it did to the kitty cat! Lol

September 1, 2012 6:49 am  #14

Last day for this week's competition. Come on you lot! Any more contributions? Kazza, do you want to choose a winner tomorrow?

September 1, 2012 11:36 am  #15

Never mind, George, I can lend you ANY of these jumpers...

Last edited by Harriet (September 1, 2012 12:02 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 3, 2012 4:09 am  #16

Ok, well it was a tough choice as usual.
When I posted it, I thought I would choose something 'canonical' BUT 2 answers tickled my funny bone & then I had to decide...

The winner is

jenosborn wrote:

Sherlock:  Anderson, your cello, flat, as usual!  Maestro, take it from the top.  2, 3, and...

It just suits the picture so well.

OK, jenosborn, your turn. Please start a new thread for Week 3 & if you need help posting the picture just message one of the staff and we can help you out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 3, 2012 5:34 am  #17

curiousity killed the cat,  but satisfaction brought it back!!   

congrats,   jenosborn

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 3, 2012 5:51 am  #18

hey Skitty,  aw  thanks!

And Kazza,   I am thrilled.   Thanks so much for choosing mine-  Everyone's were so funny.
You know,  I'd been imagining an out-of-control  Scotland Yard orchestra,   for some time…
I do love Rupert's expression in the picture…

So yes I will start a new thread and photo -  It may be a bit off-the-wall.  This could be fun. 

September 3, 2012 6:12 am  #19

Well done Jen.

September 3, 2012 6:25 am  #20

Congrats, Jenosborn, that was a great one. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera