BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2016 7:11 am  #41

Re: Donald Trump

God, yes, that was awful...
He should have retired after the German reunion...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 11, 2016 6:32 pm  #42

But what if the majority of Germans wanted him to stay?
That's democracy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2016 3:30 pm  #43

All things are relative...even awfulness!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2016 4:10 pm  #44

Quite so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 27, 2016 8:40 am  #45

Reading the news doesn't make me any happier.

I start to get reaaaaally worried.

"It is what it is."

April 27, 2016 4:03 pm  #46

Don't we all?!

April 27, 2016 5:49 pm  #47

You'd think so, yes. And yet, people are supporting him. I cannot get over the fact that apparently so many people think he is like a good idea. When does it stop??

What do you think about the speech he made?

Last edited by Whisky (April 27, 2016 9:59 pm)

"It is what it is."

October 12, 2016 7:50 pm  #48

There's almost nothing left to say about that person *the one who must not be named* but Zachary Quinto had something to say that sums it up wonderfully.

source:https://www.instagram.com/zacharyquinto/

Last edited by Ivy (October 12, 2016 8:26 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 12, 2016 7:55 pm  #49

Wow, what an epic rant. And so true, all of it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 12, 2016 8:04 pm  #50

Good ole', Zachary...love him to bits!

October 12, 2016 8:53 pm  #51

Again and again, I catch myself thinking that it is how people in the world might have felt about what was happening in Germany in 1930s.
How the hell is that possible?

October 13, 2016 12:41 pm  #52

Everytime I think Trump or his supporters can't shock me anymore, they do.

Check this out.  Some may laugh, but I find this horrifying.

Trump Supporters Suggest Repealing the 19th Amendment.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-supporters-repeal-19th-amendment-article-1.2828571

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 9, 2016 1:30 am  #53

Fingers crossed this orange monster won't get into the White House.

I just heard one commentator on Australian TV say, "women around the world, not just in America, are have having visceral anxiety at the thought of Trump getting elected." So true, I feel sick at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 9, 2016 3:38 am  #54

It's not over yet...that's what I am hoping. Part of it feels like it's not really happening, from my standpoint, but I think if I was American I would be unable to think about anything else.

Clueing for looks.

November 9, 2016 7:58 am  #55

I am shocked and terribly sad for my American friends. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2016 8:35 am  #56

Thank you, Susi.  Many of us are terribly shocked and sad too.  This doesn't feel like my America any more. We have devolved.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 9, 2016 8:56 am  #57

I am so sorry, not just to the Americans but for everyone. Ugh. 

And selfishly I'm really sad about this too. Trump triggers my PTSD and gives me anxiety attacks everytime I hear his voice. I'm not trying to be funny, he does. 

So what. I have to spend the next 4 years avoiding the news? I wonder how many people have the same problem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 9, 2016 8:57 am  #58

SusiGo wrote:

I am shocked and terribly sad for my American friends. 

For them and for the whole world.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 9, 2016 2:15 pm  #59

I was up until almost midnight last night, checking in on the election on my phone and the radio.  Clinton caught up for a while, but Trump was leading again when I went to sleep.  He was president in my dreams last night, and I was hoping that when I'd see the TV news during breakfast that my dreams wouldn't be true...but they were.

This feels kind of absurd and surreal right now, at least for me.

Clueing for looks.

November 9, 2016 2:35 pm  #60

Hurt and angry.  Been crying a lot.  Sad and frustrated.  Horrified at what my country has done.  We all laughed at Trump but this is not a joke.  I fear for my friends and loved ones.  Women, blacks, LBGT, Muslims, Hispanics - the alt right has just been given a free pass to give in to their bigotry and hatred.
We made so much progress in the last couple of decades, I am very scared to lose it.

PS.  Someone hold me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera