BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2012 8:21 pm  #521

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Ok then. Every possible Pilot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 2, 2012 8:22 pm  #522

Watching the pilot with the pilot.... ahhhh..... 
Fast? Well, we actually overtake each other. (is this correct English?)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 2, 2012 8:30 pm  #523

Perfectly correct! What about if Douglas does the flying and Martin can act as the cabin attendant? Or drive us the other end..man with a van!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 8:33 pm  #524

And Arthur serves us surprising crisps and fizzy joghurt

September 2, 2012 8:58 pm  #525

Surprising rice and orange platter with Tallisker or pineapple juice to drink. Strudel, fizzy yoghurt or cheesecake for dessert.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 9:00 pm  #526

And then we play passenger derby / fangirl derby

September 2, 2012 9:21 pm  #527

If we include the Tallisker I'll need a place to sleep. Maybe in the overlead lockers. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2012 1:37 am  #528

Davina wrote:

They introduced Ms here so that it could be used to replace Mrs. and Miss but it hasn't really caught on.

I think it has caught on here in the States, at least in the workplace, whenever some kind of title is necessary. Miss sounds like something you'd call my 7 year old granddaughter. And Mrs.? Even a married woman, in her workplace, wouldn't want to be Mrs. anybody. All of that is so 1950s. If  a title is used at all for a woman at work, then Ms. it is, unless she's earned the right to be called Doctor.

What's happened here is a high degree of familiarity, a lot of which is not really proper, IMO (I'm showing my age here). Addressing physicians and dentists by their first names-- even children are allowed to do that now, which I find unfortunate. "Tell Doctor Alice where it hurts!" Everyone is Joe and Harry and Samantha and Tiffany in the workplace now, even in formal places, like in legal practices. If someone's addressed as Mister or Ms., they're probably the Big Boss, or older than everyone else's grandparents.

Interesting that Fraulein is not used anymore in Germany. Gone the way of the feminist dodo, as our Mrs. and Miss have, I presume, along with a lot of the old traditional ways we were taught to address our "betters," back in the day.

September 3, 2012 1:41 am  #529

Davina wrote:

Surprising rice and orange platter with Tallisker or pineapple juice to drink. Strudel, fizzy yoghurt or cheesecake for dessert.

What in heck are you guys talking about? *g* Surprising rice? Surprising rice and orange platter? Tallisker? Fizzy yogurt?  I do know what strudel and cheesecake are, thank god...  but what is that other stuff?

September 3, 2012 1:54 am  #530

ancientsgate wrote:

Davina wrote:

What in heck are you guys talking about? *g* Surprising rice? Surprising rice and orange platter? Tallisker? Fizzy yogurt?  I do know what strudel and cheesecake are, thank god...  but what is that other stuff?

The foods (at least some of them) are from Cabin Pressure, the BBC radio comedy series. BC plays a pilot on that series, hence the pun of the photo of him from the pilot episode of Sherlock. (And a very nice one. Thanks, Tobe.)

Cabin Pressure is hilarious, by the way.

September 3, 2012 2:21 am  #531

ancientsgate wrote:

Davina wrote:

Oh dear lord you haven't heard Cabin Pressure? You need to get right on that. They're all on YouTube. Not safe for work though, as you'll laugh out loud quite a lot.

There are a LOT of references in this forum that will make a helluva lot more sense if you get the Cabin Pressure references ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 3, 2012 5:47 am  #532

Oh, yes, Ancientsgate, you must listen to CP, it's so much fun. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2012 6:05 am  #533

Not sure if they are still on YouTube (copyright) but available to download. Look on the Cabin Pressure thread in Benedict's non-Sherlock work. P.S. all the foods are from CP and I haven't even mentioned the cheeseboard yet. With CP it is once bitten, forever smitten!

September 3, 2012 6:23 am  #534

Or as they say in Limerick:

Would you like the orange platter?
I think fizzy yogurt is better.
The strudel's too sticky
The cheesecake too icky
and Admiral's Pie makes me fatter. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 3, 2012 6:29 am)

September 3, 2012 6:29 am  #535

Brilliant Susi! Arthur would be so happy, even happier than usual.

September 3, 2012 7:23 am  #536

Wow, early morning poetry! 

I'm afraid CP is no longer on youtube, but, well, you can buy it on iTumes! 

September 3, 2012 8:33 am  #537

Oh, I think I'll have to write another poem:

September 3, 2012 10:39 am  #538

Have to extend my lunchbreak now..........

September 3, 2012 5:14 pm  #539

has anyone posted this one before? It deserves a viewing, don't you think?

Looking thoughtful and intelligent and sexy....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 3, 2012 5:16 pm  #540

What a wonderful photo! I'm just trying to concentrate on translating a text about an English opera singer and now this …  And he's wearing chucks as well.

Board footera