BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2016 4:03 pm  #21

Re: New series 'Start Up' with Martin Freeman

Oh I see...is that normal?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 5, 2016 11:50 am  #22

besleybean wrote:

Oh I see...is that normal?!

Yes.  That's what Netflix does with original series.  It puts all the episodes up at once and you can watch it however you want.   Looks like Crackle does the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 9, 2016 4:51 pm  #23

Watching first episode of Start UP.
Just saw Martin Freeman's character having shower sex.
My life is now complete.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 9, 2016 7:28 pm  #24

Ug, won't be watching it then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 10, 2016 12:38 am  #25

Heavy on the sex and violence.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2016 7:09 am  #26

I watched some clips. Is anyone else wondering if Martin let his hair grow for Sherlock and they just included it in his Phil Rask character? Because I cannot imagine Moftiss looking at him and saying spontaneously, oh, come on, that looks good, let's change John Watson's appearance. He filmed this shortly before Setlock, right?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 10, 2016 7:21 am  #27

I don't know on the latter, but hair doesn't bother me that much!
I find it more interesting that Sherlock fans also like sexy, violent stuff!
We don't get much of either in Sherlock and is one of the reasons I like it.
Though I must say, I am totally fine with any portrayals of gay sex...but straight stuff is just tedious!

October 10, 2016 2:01 pm  #28

I very much enjoy watching hot people get naked.   

And yes, I do believe he filmed this right before Setlock.  When the first photos of John came out I thought, that's the same hair he has in Start Up.   I like it.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2016 2:39 pm  #29

tonnaree wrote:

I very much enjoy watching hot people get naked.  

Do you really?  How strange. I can't think why.

I certainly wouldn't turn my TV off, but for some reason I seem to get more out of repression, dark passions and temptations, moral conflicts, etc. than the actual sex.  Maybe I shouldn't have read The Thorn Birds at an impressionable age.

I wouldn't mind seeing that scene, though.

October 10, 2016 2:48 pm  #30

Oh Liberty, I think the Thorn Birds made an impression on us all.  

So far the show itself is good, but not outstanding.  Martin is the best part about it.  What I am really enjoying is the fact that Martin is playing a bad guy.  A dirty FBI agent.  I think the average viewer has no idea how good Martin can be at being bad.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 10, 2016 5:17 pm  #31

I am just not that into sex and certainly don't want to see other people doing it!
I do like Martin's hair, though.

March 27, 2017 7:30 pm  #32

I just watched the first episode of this. Oh, my... *fans herself* Darn, Martin is hot as a bad guy! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 27, 2017 7:31 pm  #33

Nice.

March 29, 2017 4:35 pm  #34

I love Ronald, both the character and the actor are awesome!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 12, 2017 10:47 am  #35

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 12, 2017 10:49 am  #36

Good for those who can see it.
Is this on Netflix?

July 12, 2017 11:41 am  #37

Great, looking forward to it!

Team Hudders!

July 18, 2017 7:14 am  #38

And another promo pic:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 18, 2017 11:57 am  #39

besleybean wrote:

Good for those who can see it.
Is this on Netflix?

BB, it's on Crackle, an internet streaming service like Hulu. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 26, 2017 10:40 am  #40

Board footera