BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2016 11:20 am  #41

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

stoertebeker wrote:

As a participant of all past fic exchanges I was naturally looking forward to this year‘s Secret Santa as well. After many days of musing I finally decided with a heavy heart that I won’t take part at this year‘s event.
In an other thread I already told about the disc prolapse I suffered from a few weeks ago. Sadly my condition hasn’t improved since then if anything it even got worst There were days, I was barely able to move around my flat. Well, fortunately it’s not that bad any more, it’s slowly getting better but the improvement is very slow and surgery might still be necessary.

So sad to hear that, stoertebeker. I hope you recover quickly and will be free from this condition very soon.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 29, 2016 11:21 am  #42

NotYourHousekeeperDear wrote:

Can't believe it is that time of year already- count me in !!!

Great news!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 29, 2016 12:46 pm  #43

Get well soon, stoertebeker.
I decided not to join this year. Really had problems last time to finish it in time. And wasn't that satisfied with the result as well.
At the moment I also have too many other things on my mind. Sorry.
Perhaps I have ideas for fill-ins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 29, 2016 12:50 pm  #44

That would be great. With only nine or ten participants fill-ins will be welcome! :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 29, 2016 3:13 pm  #45

I'd like to take part again! 

It seems life forces me to only lurk here once in a while, and I am very much out of the loop, but I have yet to miss a fic exchange and I don't think that'll be changing this year.

@stoertebeker I am so sorry to hear about what's been happening to you , here's hoping you feel better and continue to improve. *hugs*

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 29, 2016 3:14 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

September 29, 2016 3:22 pm  #46

Yay!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 1, 2016 5:35 pm  #47

Last call! Who is in, who is not?

October 1, 2016 6:41 pm  #48

I'm in!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 2, 2016 6:47 pm  #49

Well, the list is closed now. There are 11 of us this year, plus a few helpers who volunteered to give us something for the days without fic.

I am waiting for the last questionnaire to be handed in and will do the matching immediately afterwards! There are some really awesone prompts this year. I am so looking forward to get started!

October 2, 2016 7:05 pm  #50

Oh dear, as we are an uneven number I surmise the matching is going to be quite a challenge. Good luck, Schmiezi. 

October 2, 2016 7:50 pm  #51

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

It seems life forces me to only lurk here once in a while, and I am very much out of the loop, but I have yet to miss a fic exchange and I don't think that'll be changing this year.

@stoertebeker I am so sorry to hear about what's been happening to you , here's hoping you feel better and continue to improve. *hugs*

Lovely to hear form you, dragon! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 2, 2016 8:38 pm  #52

dioscureantwins wrote:

Oh dear, as we are an uneven number I surmise the matching is going to be quite a challenge. Good luck, Schmiezi. 

An uneven number doesn't make a difference.  If everyone swapped with someone else, then yeah, you would have a problem.  But I don't believe that's how this works.  Each of the 11 is assigned to one, not necessarily being assigned to the same person assigned to them.

Clueing for looks.

October 2, 2016 8:48 pm  #53

SusiGo wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Lovely to hear form you, dragon! 

Thanks muchly Susi!  

As always, looking forward to this years exchange! 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 2, 2016 8:54 pm  #54

stoertebeker I hope you'll get better soon! I'm sorry to hear that you're not taking part in this year's Secret Santa (not to mention the disc prolapse you've suffered a few weeks back...) but you are right: your health takes precedence over everything else. Take that precious time and use it to heal properly, that's the most important thing!

I really cannot wait to get started either!!!!!!! (yes, that many exclamation points. I am extremely excited).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 3, 2016 9:40 am  #55

Okay, ladies, I need your opinion.

There is still one questionnaire missing. From the last years, i think I know what kind of fic that person is looking for and what she is willing to write. So I matched her accordingly. I also know that she is reliable, so I am sure that her questionnaire will come sooner or later, she surely has a good reason for being late!

That means: all matches are made, I could send out all of them, except the two including the missing person. That would mean that 9 of us would get the prompts today. Two would not, that being the missing person and the one writing for the missing person.

It is three days past the dead line and I don't want to keep the majority of you waiting because of one participant being late. What do you think?

Last edited by Schmiezi (October 3, 2016 9:41 am)

October 3, 2016 9:50 am  #56

Hey Schmiezi I think that you should send the prompts today indeed, but do not 'penalise' them later when the fics will be handed out: if they start later, it would only be fair that they have the same amount of time to do and send them out.

Yes, I am being selfish by asking you to send the prompts today, but it's also mainly because I know that I struggled last time to hand in mine in time and I'd rather not have a repeat of that.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 3, 2016 11:44 am  #57

Yay, the missing participant is no longer missing! (And I was right, she had very good reasons for being a tad late.)

I will start sending out the prompts right now.

October 3, 2016 11:45 am  #58

@stoertebeker, that sounds painful.
Hope, you feel better soon.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 3, 2016 11:46 am  #59

Schmiezi wrote:

Yay, the missing participant is no longer missing! (And I was right, she had very good reasons for being a tad late.)

I will start sending out the prompts right now.

Yay!!!

October 3, 2016 12:10 pm  #60

Just received my prompt. Very nice! I´m excited already.

Board footera