BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2012 6:49 pm  #1

Sherlock's pants

Just rewatched SiB, and the question I cannot get out of my head is, what sort of pants is Sherlock not wearing? I'm guessing boxers...purple silk ones....
John, however, is obviously more of a briefs-from-M&S sort. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 2, 2012 6:53 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock's pants

Y-fronts? He does ask a lot of questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 7:11 pm  #3

Davina wrote:

Y-fronts? He does ask a lot of questions.

Oooh, very good, wish I'd thought of it! 

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 2, 2012 7:17 pm  #4

Although I can't imagine him wearing these being an elegant man and all that.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 7:23 pm  #5

Oh, I thought Davina meant John. I'm still going with purple silk boxers for Sherlock.

September 2, 2012 7:25 pm  #6

Oh, yes, I misunderstood this. Silk boxers for Sherlock, sounds good to me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 7:39 pm  #7

Like Henry Ford said, 'Any colour you like. As long as it is black.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 7:55 pm  #8

Wasn't here for just 90 minutes - and what's going on here now?? Tsss..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 2, 2012 7:59 pm  #9

Note to my fellow Americans: In the UK, pants are underwear. What we call pants, they call trousers.

September 2, 2012 7:59 pm  #10

I KNEW you would somehow find this thread … wonder why. 

September 2, 2012 8:01 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

Like Henry Ford said, 'Any colour you like. As long as it is black.'

Yes, probably black actually. I was just thinking if the shirt is ruined, well, he does look nice in purple....

September 2, 2012 8:15 pm  #12

SusiGo wrote:

I KNEW you would somehow find this thread … wonder why. 

It's explained above: pants are just trousers. 
I am totally innocent.

September 2, 2012 8:22 pm  #13

Yeah! Right you are! Completely innocent...like a new born babe.

September 2, 2012 8:27 pm  #14

September 2, 2012 8:30 pm  #15

Do "pants" have something to do with "to pant"?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 2, 2012 8:34 pm  #16

depends....   

September 2, 2012 8:44 pm  #17

In some cases they do. Definitely.

September 2, 2012 8:44 pm  #18

Great photo! Where did you get it? Family album? I reckon, as John was in the Army, he might go 'commando'.

September 2, 2012 8:52 pm  #19

Great photo. Where did you get it from? Family album? I think, ass John was in the Army, that he might go commando.

September 2, 2012 11:35 pm  #20

(groan)  Should have seen that coming...

Board footera